Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Question for moms of older kids (9+) re: bday parties

always tired...never bore

Joined 10-Dec-06

Top Poster
18-Dec-10 1:40 am

At what age do kids stop having a "themed' birthday party?  Many of the 5th & 6th graders I talk to tell me they have sleepover parties for their birthday, so I'm thinking age 10,11,12?  ds1 will be 9 soon and he's still attending/having parties that have some kind of a theme, so I'm curious.  TIA

Baby Boy~Baby Boy~Baby Girl        ~BLESSED~

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were big things.   -- Robert Brault

"We either make ourselves miserable,
  or we make ourselves strong. 
    The amount of work is the same."
                                        ~Carlos Castaneda

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Joined 19-Feb-08

22-Dec-10 11:20 pm

From my experience it seems that around fifth grade or so it goes from birthdays parties to sleepover parties, but I guess I would talk to the child involved and see what they would prefer.

Joined 23-Jan-07

Top Poster
22-Dec-10 11:21 pm

my almost 11 yr old still asks for a specific cake, but I stopped doing the whole party supply matchy thing a couple years ago.  probably because we do parites for 4 kids in 3 months.

Sometimes on the way to a dream, you get lost and find a better one.

always tired...never bore

Joined 10-Dec-06

Top Poster
23-Dec-10 8:17 pm

Thanks hairmom & Sedona.  I was thinking this would be one of the last....I think I'm the only nutjob mom who loves to do themed parties.Stick out tongue  It's a good thing I have a few more years with the younger two to continue my twisted obsession!

Baby Boy~Baby Boy~Baby Girl        ~BLESSED~

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were big things.   -- Robert Brault

"We either make ourselves miserable,
  or we make ourselves strong. 
    The amount of work is the same."
                                        ~Carlos Castaneda

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Joined 25-Dec-11

27-Dec-11 5:21 am
I think in the age of 12 or 13. They transform their ideas from  birthday parties celebrations to sleepover parties.

Page: of 1