Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

18w2d anatomy scan - B or G?

Joined 16-Dec-10

16-Dec-10 1:12 pm
Quick background. We asked the tech NOT to tell us the sex because we wanted to be surprised. Upon inspection of the photos she printed out for us during the scan we came upon this one. I feel like she maybe snuck this in because I had told her that we have two boys and didn't want to feel disappointed to find out it was another boy. But upon reading the guidelines for posting here I'm wondering if we should really count this as a surprise because the image is pretty far back. Right now, for the record, we think this looks like a girl. I linked the picture because it wasn't uploading from my computer. Thank you all so much for your thoughts and replies!

Joined 7-Aug-10

Top Poster
16-Dec-10 1:16 pm

Wow, that sure does look girly! Hope it's your DD! Love Ya!

Joined 11-Jan-09

Top Poster
16-Dec-10 1:16 pm

Possibly Baby Girl

#3 due 7/1/13

Joined 27-May-10

16-Dec-10 1:19 pm

Are you assuming that kidney shaped thing is in between the legs?  I don't think I see a potty shot on any of the images on that u/s.

Joined 16-Dec-10

16-Dec-10 1:24 pm
i'm not really techy otherwise i'd label the picture, but i see the feet on the left side of the picture and the butt on the bottom right. I *think* a see the left femur on the bottom and the right femur up in the right corner and then 3 lines right in the middle of where there would be either a penis or vagina. It definitely isn't the traditional potty shot.

Joined 7-Aug-10

Top Poster
16-Dec-10 1:27 pm

twomenandmaybelady:
i'm not really techy otherwise i'd label the picture, but i see the feet on the left side of the picture and the butt on the bottom right. I *think* a see the left femur on the bottom and the right femur up in the right corner and then 3 lines right in the middle of where there would be either a penis or vagina. It definitely isn't the traditional potty shot.

It def isn't traditional but that's exactly how I saw it too.

Joined 27-May-10

16-Dec-10 1:28 pm

That sure would be an awkward view shot though - I see what you are saying, but look at the angle of the foot, the arm above and the direct on potty shot - just doesn't seem feasible to me.  I could be wrong, but I'm trying to picture getting myself into that position, and can't do it :)

Wishing we could have 1 m

Joined 13-Oct-09

Top Poster
16-Dec-10 1:31 pm

Moe*L*"]

[quote user="twomenandmaybelady:

i'm not really techy otherwise i'd label the picture, but i see the feet on the left side of the picture and the butt on the bottom right. I *think* a see the left femur on the bottom and the right femur up in the right corner and then 3 lines right in the middle of where there would be either a penis or vagina. It definitely isn't the traditional potty shot.[/quote]

It def isn't traditional but that's exactly how I saw it too.

Me too! I first thought it looked like a Baby Bear Girl.

DH (25) + Me (24) Together 7 wonderful years, married for 4
Our beautiful family = Baby Boy5 Baby Boy4 Baby Boy3 Baby Girl1.5 (Born March 6, 2011 - was due March 29)
Desperately wanting another baby, but DH had V June 2011 - Trying to convince him to get VR Pray

Joined 16-Dec-10

16-Dec-10 1:44 pm
I was thinking the body part in the top center was another leg/foot - but it doesn't really look one does it?! I had never looked that closely at it.... Hmmm

Joined 27-May-10

16-Dec-10 2:07 pm

Top center looks like an arm folded to me.

Joined 14-Dec-10

16-Dec-10 2:22 pm
kan1017:

Top center looks like an arm folded to me.

Thats what I was thinking too. But it definitely looks like a girl to me :)
Jennifer Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lena

Joined 15-Jun-07

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

16-Dec-10 2:30 pm

There isn't an arm in this pic.  There are 2 feet and a baby butt.  That could very well be girl parts we are seeing but it is a smidge too far back to say with 100% certainty.  I hope it's your girl!!  (and if I'd gotten a pic like that after having 2 boys I would be booking a private scan)

Joined 27-May-10

16-Dec-10 2:46 pm

That is NOT two feet in this picture - the top center starts to curve, no way is that two feet.

Joined 11-Jan-09

Top Poster
16-Dec-10 2:59 pm

lol looks like feet to me, it even says "foot".

#3 due 7/1/13

Lena

Joined 15-Jun-07

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

16-Dec-10 3:32 pm

Azuremyst:

lol looks like feet to me, it even says "foot".

Thank you!  I'm so glad you can see it, too.  After looking at u/s for over 3 years I feel like I've gotten pretty good at telling what is what.  Hopefully nicholerh will come on and take a peek. 

Page: of 2