Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

What method did you use to try to conceive a girl? Help Please!

Joined 23-Nov-10

16-Dec-10 10:26 am

What methods did everyone use to try to conceive a girl, and did it work or not?  My husband and I are seriously considering MicroSort (when/if it becomes available again for Family Balancing) to conceive a girl.  I don't think we can come up with the money for PGD (which I know is a better guarantee), and I am  not sure if just swaying will up our chances of having a girl enough.  So, PLEASE tell me what you did and if it worked!  Thanks for your help!  Happy

If you did MicroSort or PGD, would you mind sharing how many cycles it took and how much it cost...(if you would prefer not to share this info, I understand!)  Thanks again!!! 

Baby Bear Boy2002 Baby Bear Boy2005 Heartbroken2008 Baby Bear Boy2010 Baby Bear Boy2012 I love my boys so much, but I just don't know how to ever feel complete without a daughterBaby Bear Girl, too!

Claire

Joined 15-May-09

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

16-Dec-10 10:44 am

Here's what we did for a girl:

• used Shettles timing
  • took supplements (cranberry, etc...)
  • made a few dietary changes (lean meats, potassium(?)-free yougurt)
  • shallow penetration
  • no big O for me
  • jump and dump
  • lime douche (can't remember if this was every time, or if I stopped once I felt the yeast infection coming on)
We got a boy.

Baby Boy  6/06  

Swayed for Baby Girl, our second Baby Boy born 4/6/10.  Thanks, IG, for the unsatisfying sex, the yeast infection, and another boy!!!!

Not a good candidate for IVF/PGD. Swaying (non-IG) Baby Girl for #3.

Joined 23-Jul-10

Top Poster
16-Dec-10 11:03 am

I have 3 boys.  The 2nd one was a perfect Shettle's sway for a girl.  The third was a perfect TBM attempt.  This time, I did some research and combined a few things and focused mainly on putting my body into an acidic state.  Here is the link to my sway:

http://www.ingender.com/cs/forums/t/205984.aspx

I am finally going to have a princess!!!

Baby Boy 2001 Baby Boy 2006 Baby Boy 2008

Baby Girl May 10, 2011 - My family is complete! Link to my sway: http://www.ingender.com/cs/forums/t/205984.aspx

Joined 19-Sep-09

Top Poster
16-Dec-10 11:32 am

I do NOT believe in at-home swaying (that is, I agree with the scientific data that certain sperm do better in certain pH, but I do not believe that this environment can be created at home with douching and diet). Having been on this board for over a year, I can tell that the ladies on here get their DG 50% of the time, swaying or no swaying.

When it comes to high-tech, there are two factors that impact the outcome:
1. Age and 2. Luck of the draw

I was 29 when I did a fresh MS/IVF/PGD cycle and did not get pregnant (age was on my side, but luck wasn't!). I did get pregnant with a frozen embryo from that cycle several months later.

Microsort is currently closed to new family-balancing patients (they only accept patients with x-linked disorders). It will most likely reopen, but no one knows when.

XY 2009

MS/IVF/PGD2/FET XX 2011 - thanks to Dr. Potter and Lori!

XX 2013 (FET)

Joined 16-Dec-05

16-Dec-10 12:38 pm

I think I have tried it all.

After ds#2, I tried MS with IUI.  Had more than one follicle, perfect cycle, perfect timing, BFN.  I used injectibles and monitoring, so my cycle cost around 4-5K.  I was about 27 at the time and always got pregnant first month trying.

Swayed my ass off for #3, got another boy (who has since stolen my heart!).

Tried MS/PGD/IVF at 31 years old.  (cost around 17K)  Didn't even make it to transfer.  19 eggs, 5 fertilized, only one normal femal out of the bunch but she did not make it to transfer. 

My cycles were messed up after IVF, oops....here comes my daughter.

Just go into this knowing that there are NO guarentees!

--Stephanie

Baby Boy-10; Baby Boy-7; MS/IUI January 2004 - BFN; Baby Boy-4 (swayed for girl, blessed with boy); MS/IVF/PGD October 2007 - no normal female embryos to transfer; oops Baby Girl born September 2008 (no swaying)

I love my family!

Joined 13-Oct-09

Top Poster
16-Dec-10 1:12 pm

We were going to sway hardcore for this pregnancy (even bought all the stuff we would need), but a few months before TTC, I suddenly became happy & at peace with having another boy. In theory, I think that swaying could work, but I don't put much stock in it. So we just DTD multiple times (right before ovulation, during & right after ovualtion) like we always do and we're having a girl. I think it's just 50/50 what gender you get.

DH (27) + Me (26) = Together 9 wonderful years, married for 6
Our beautiful family Baby Boy6 Baby Boy5 Baby Boy4 Baby Girl3

Joined 2-Nov-10

16-Dec-10 5:48 pm
I followed Shettles only as far as timing-- BD several times leading up to ovulation but cut off 2 days prior, and got my daughter. This time we were having trouble getting pg and my fertility was decreasing (based on testing), so I had an IUI which meant I was inseminated the day of ovulation only, and it resulted in a boy. I wanted another girl and had asked about Microsort, but was not a candidate because I already had a girl -- even though MY version of a balanced family is 2 daughters, lol.

I have read so many stories on this forum of people who followed Shettles exactly and got the opposite gender they were swaying for, so it's definitely not full proof. If you are only swaying, I would go into it accepting, and being OK with, another boy.

Mom to the most wonderful daughter!!! Baby Bear Girl, 8/10/04 Baby Bear Boy born scheduled via C-Section on 4/6/11, 7 lbs 10 oz, learning to embrace blue, and hoping to have as strong a bond with my son as I have with my daughter!

Joined 19-Sep-09

Top Poster
16-Dec-10 5:54 pm

WaitedSixYears:
I followed Shettles only as far as timing-- BD several times leading up to ovulation but cut off 2 days prior, and got my daughter.

Dr. Shettles and his method are long dead http://www.ingender.com/cs/forums/t/138682.aspx. It never worked to begin with. The Shettles method results in DG 50% of the time.

XY 2009

MS/IVF/PGD2/FET XX 2011 - thanks to Dr. Potter and Lori!

XX 2013 (FET)

Trying to heal through ex

Joined 10-Apr-08

Top Poster
16-Dec-10 6:41 pm

I did the girl swaying with out cheating at all,used enough lime for 50 thousend key lime pies, diet,suppliments,ions,intercourse timing 0+12,feng shui and lost 12lbs...it was a bunch of stuff to do but I do honestly believe had I never swayed...I would be on boy number 5!

photo boybaby_zps21881503.gif(8)  photo boybaby_zps21881503.gif(6.5)  photo boybaby_zps21881503.gif(5.5)  photo babygirl_zps54e18b68.gif (4)

http://swlf.lilyslim.com/XFUzm5.png

Joined 27-Jul-06

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

16-Dec-10 8:41 pm
I ended up on the losing end of the luck of the draw with hi tech. $60,000 down the drain, 5 horrible cycles and about 3 years of heartache and ZERO to show for it. The bright side of all of it is my dd who was conceived with no swaying and on ovulation day which is total boy zone if you believe in the timing stuff. There are NO guarantees with hi tech and I learned this the hard way as I thought for sure it would work for me. After all, how could it not?? Lol.

Heart  Heart 

3 failed MS/IUI's & 2 failed MS/IVF's                                                                                                   

Joined 9-Dec-08

Top Poster
16-Dec-10 10:37 pm
My dd was a surprise baby. I just prayed really hard and it happened. But really I think every time is 50/50

DS- Trevor 11/24/05

DD - Kathryn 5/7/2010 at 37+5 weeks!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Joined 2-Nov-10

16-Dec-10 10:48 pm
Zora Astor"]

[quote user="WaitedSixYears:

I followed Shettles only as far as timing-- BD several times leading up to ovulation but cut off 2 days prior, and got my daughter. [/quote]

Dr. Shettles and his method are long dead http://www.ingender.com/cs/forums/t/138682.aspx. It never worked to begin with. The Shettles method results in DG 50% of the time.

I thought some of the current sway techniques (like timing) are very similar to what Shettles proposed? I'd love to know more about this, are there any articles you can suggest?
Mom to the most wonderful daughter!!! Baby Bear Girl, 8/10/04 Baby Bear Boy born scheduled via C-Section on 4/6/11, 7 lbs 10 oz, learning to embrace blue, and hoping to have as strong a bond with my son as I have with my daughter!

Joined 23-Oct-07

Top Poster
16-Dec-10 11:18 pm
when i got pregnant with my dd i was on a diet and trying to lose weight from having our last. i also did vitex because my cycles were crazy and cranberry for bladder infections. i got pregnant and had a m/c and then stopped everything but got pregnant that cycle. i was pretty much doing the same thing for my next 2 children which are boys so i dont know how i feel about swaying.
DS 10 ? DS 8 ? DD 7 ? DS 5 ? DS 3 C-Section #6 **IT'S A GIRL!!** Diagnosed with Placenta Previa & Percreta :( ~Chloe Paige~ born @ 32 weeks 10/29/12!!

Joined 7-Jul-09

Top Poster
16-Dec-10 11:38 pm

Just marking here....Happy  LOL FWIW DS2 was an O day baby

Love my kids!

Joined 27-Sep-09

Top Poster
17-Dec-10 7:52 am

With DS2 I did a pretty intensive sway- and ended up with a boy anyways- which has turned out great as he is perfect.

For my DD I didn't sway at all, as I don't think it works. I've seen way too many ladies on this site disappointed after swaying.

Baby Bear Boy2005 Baby Bear Boy2009 Baby Bear Girl2010

Page: of 2