Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Home from the Dr.

Joined 16-Apr-07

10-Dec-10 1:34 pm

I just got home from the Dr. We had Ericsson done with an IUI.  I freaking out a bit b/c I had 1 large follicle on my left and a medium on my right.  We definitely don't want twins so I'm hoping just one takes.  I'm trying not to think about it to much but I so desperately want this to be a girl (assuming I'm pregnant!)  I know in the end I will be ok with a boy but I just can't sit here and say I'd be happy either way. 

Just had to get it off my chest!

Baby Boy July 2005 Baby Boy May 2008

Joined 12-Sep-08

10-Dec-10 11:04 pm

Hey good luck :-) .did you natural cycle? what was the size of your follicles and what day?

Baby GirlBaby Girl

sep 2011 MSU/IUI opposite Baby Girl

Joined 16-Apr-07

11-Dec-10 8:01 am

I did clomid for 3 months.  This is the first time we've done the IUI because the last 2 months I had to good of a response to the clomid (The last month I had 5 large folicles).   This month we did an early ultrasound and I had 1 large follicle (25), a medium one on my right (20) and 3 small ones.  He said its very unlikely (but not impossible) for the small ones to become anything.  I should say we did a trigger shot too 48hrs before the insemination.  He said my chance of twins is 5-8% and naturally is 2%.  So now I'm just waiting.  Yesterday I had bad cramping which I guess is from the IUI and a little bleeding.  Today I feel some slight cramping on my left side but nothing crazy. 

Are you going to do Ericsson?  I know its not well talked about here.  I figured if there is a 75% chance I'll get my girl I'm will too talke the risk.  I couldn't do PGD.  First its way out of my price range and the chance of multiples was so much higher I don't think my DH would have every agreed to it. 

Good luck to you! Happy Smile

Joined 12-Sep-08

11-Dec-10 8:36 am

i was planning to do IUI with sperm sorted. natural cycle . I had an ultrasound yesterday  at CD11, one follicle size 17.5 mm. The doctor said I should ovulate today but I have negative OPK. I was wondering if i missed + OPK by not tracking it earlie and missed gthe ovulation. all the signs of ovulation are confusing now - the temps and EWCM

Ussually i ovulate on day 15 and get + OPK on day 14. So you had 25mm follcle, so may be my 17.5 is still growing and I didnt miss the positive OPK?

Baby GirlBaby Girl

Joined 16-Apr-07

11-Dec-10 9:36 am

I would think its still growing so you're probably still good.  If today is CD12 and you said you usually don't get a +OPK until day 14 then you'll probably get one on Monday.  I don't know how your dr. is but they aren't open on the weekends.  They inseminated me on CD 13 but that's b/c of the trigger shot.  They had me do that b/c they didn't want any of the other follicles to grow. 

Did you do any other swaying.  Diet, ions? 

Joined 12-Sep-08

11-Dec-10 12:16 pm

My worry is I might missed the + OPK since I started monitoring on CD 11.  I don't monitor before since i never ovulated before cd14! I did the diet and taking some supplements.  DH can't take the supplements and is not willing to do the diet:-). How about you?

Baby GirlBaby Girl

Joined 16-Apr-07

11-Dec-10 3:02 pm

I loosely did the diet.  I tried to stay away from the big no-nos but when I did that my ph went up rather then down.  I was naturally at about a 5.0 so I just went back to my normal diet and just cut out the big no-nos.  I think with both my boys I was eating bananas quite often and when I concieved both I was a few pounds overweight (I knew we were gonna start trying so I said the hell with it).  With my 2nd one I was eating yogurt shakes everyday but it was in the am full of fat and sugar.  And I was probably adding a banana to it as well.  I don't remember the diet when I tried to sway with my 2nd.  I did take cranberry too.  So I cut out the big no-nos (except canned tomatos I tried to cut back on it), supplements, using a humidifer, lime douche and carrying around amethyst and quartz.  I also stopped going to the gym.  I am at my lowest weight (no muscle though- I feel so out of shape!) My DH took some of the supplements but I think I read with IUI it doesn't matter what he does. 

I'm sure you didn't miss it if you usually get a +OPK on CD 14 just keep testing.  I'm sure it will come monday.  

Joined 12-Sep-08

13-Dec-10 5:24 pm

I went to Dr's today on CD 14 there was a 22.5 mm follicle. I didnt have the + OPK yet but it is getting darker so I guess it will come tomorrow. But the doctor said we should proceed with IUI, which we did. I am too feeling crampy today and have some small bleeding. Is it common and normal? How do you feel now ?

Baby GirlBaby Girl

Joined 16-Apr-07

13-Dec-10 7:33 pm

The day of my IUI I had terrible cramping and some bleeding not like if AF was here but definite bleeding.  I was bleeding a bit the next day too with slight cramping but not like the day I had the IUI.  Ohhh this is so exciting we could be Due Date buddies.  How fun!!! How old are your girls?  My boys are 5.5 and 2.5.  I'm feeling alot of O pain now and yesterday.  Your lucky with Ericsson they don't recommend Clomid so you don't have to worry about many folicles.  Feel good!

Joined 12-Sep-08

13-Dec-10 9:49 pm

My girls are 7 & 5. Yep Due Date buddies - I am praying hard it works for both of us:-) constantly worrying. Anything we should do or avoid after IUI? I am having canstipation(sorry for tmi) don;t know if I should be cautious. Why did you choose Clomid , is it your doctor recomended or because of higher success rate? Feel good you too!

Baby GirlBaby Girl

Joined 16-Apr-07

14-Dec-10 9:13 pm

My doctor said no baths afterwards.  That was it.  He said if we DTD to use protection.  I had a little constipation too but I kind of always have that problem.  My doctor said for TTC a girl Ericsson recommends it.  Not sure why.  I was guessing b/c it kind of dries you up which I think is what you have to do for TTC a girl.  How are you feeling today?

Joined 12-Sep-08

16-Dec-10 2:06 pm

I felt O pains on my right side 1 - 2 days after IUI, that is I think when i ovulated. I don't feel anything unusual right now, just regular. Will wait and see in 2 weeks :-)

Baby GirlBaby Girl

Joined 12-Sep-08

23-Dec-10 9:10 am

Hi Tylerboy. How do you feel? Did you POAS yet , any symptoms? I tested this morning and it is a BFN :-(  I thought I had breast tenderness few days ago, but now it seems like disappeared.  Don't know what to think...

Baby GirlBaby Girl

Joined 16-Apr-07

23-Dec-10 11:00 pm

Hey there!

I'm out! [:'(]   AF arrived yesterday!!! So mad!  I thought for sure I would have a BFP!  My Dr. wanted me to go for a blood test orginally to see if I was preggo so this am I thought for sure they didn't want me to go.  When I called they said I still need to go for one.  I went in the afternoon so the results weren't in but I know they'll say negative b/c AF is definitely here (w/o to many details) if you know what I mean.  So back to the drawing board.  By the way, I see you are in NY...right?(I'm assuming b/c of your name).  What Dr. are you using b/c I'm in NY too. 

Hope you get a BFP soon! Keep me posted!  And I will have fingers and toes crossed for you!

Joined 12-Sep-08

24-Dec-10 10:47 am

Hey , so sorry to hear that you didn't get a BFP. It is so hard. I tested twice and got a BFN, I have one more test left will use it tomorrow and then just wait till next week to see, my AF ussually arrives 15 days after o.  I used Dr Katamee in the city. He uses MSU that is why I wanted to  try him. But he is very expensive, just the sort is $3K and then each ultrasound extra, so I spend close to $4K just on one try. I don;t think I could spend that much again. I read here there is Dr in Mineola, NY does Ericson for about $1000, which is 3 times less. What Dr did you use? Do you or anyone  else know any other doctor in NY area that does MSU?

Thanks for your wishes. Wish you the best luck on what you decide next!

Baby GirlBaby Girl

Page: of 5