Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

the ultrasounds predicted boy once at 13 weeks and again at 37 weeks BUT i had a GIRL

Sharee

Joined 5-Sep-10

4-Dec-10 12:27 pm

i am in bliss right now... the two ultrasounds i had predicted boy even at 37 weeks they printed me out what was the scrotum and penis turns out it was a foot...YAYYYY.... i DELIVERED today after 4 c-sections.... I went through 3 OB's with this pregnancy and I had no problem saying to them YOU'RE FIRED if I felt they were not doing things in my best interest...the first OB changed my due date several times and only did one ultrasound and refused to do anymore he was FIRED...the second OB said hey you didnt do a HIV test so i am gonna have to send you to another state to deliver next visit she said well if you dont schedule your section now then i am going to have to drop you from my practice i told her she hadnt even done her own ultrasound and i will not schedule based on the last OB's notes and well she was FIRED andit turns out that was the OB i had been to for my 4 sons...the last OB took me on at 39 weeks and well for the week he was my caregiver it was great no pressure no threats i was scheduled for another section on monday BUT during the night things went fast and at 212 this morning i found myself holding a precious baby and i assumed boy so i aint bother to check ... so the hospital had a breakfast with santa thing going on and they gave wrapped presents to all the babies WELL on my gift there was a sticker that said GIRL i called the woman back who gave it to me and told her she gave me the wrong gender gift and she looked at it then she said i was certain they told me there was a GIRL in this room well while she stood there I quickly got threw the tightly wrapped blankets and popped open that diaper and HEY NO PENIS ...... ALL MY PRAYERS WERE ANSWERED ...I HAVE A BABY GIRL.....Happy Smile

Baby Bear Boy1997 Baby Bear Boy 2001 Baby Bear Boy 2002 Baby Bear Boy 2009 Baby Bear Girl 2010

two dreams fulfilled at once a daughter and a VBA4C....

Joined 26-Nov-10

4-Dec-10 12:31 pm

OH MY GOODNESS!!! That is SO wonderful!!! I am very happy for you and I can't believe it!!!

I am now staring at my ultrasound pics trying to see if that, too, could be a foot. Probably not very likely since I now know someone who this happened to, it won't happen to me. But I am still SO, SO happy for you. That's just ...wow. CONGRATULATIONS MOM AND DAUGHTER!!

Baby Bear GirlHearts

Baby Bear Boy Due April 4, 2011

Sharee

Joined 5-Sep-10

4-Dec-10 12:46 pm

jenkei:
 CONGRATULATIONS MOM AND DAUGHTER!!

Baby Bear GirlHearts

THANK YOU SO MUCH...feels good to hear those words BUT it stilll seems so unreal ... I am browsing the web for a name I was so unprepared for a surprise like this but I wouldnt change it for the world...

Baby Bear Boy1997 Baby Bear Boy 2001 Baby Bear Boy 2002 Baby Bear Boy 2009 Baby Bear Girl 2010

two dreams fulfilled at once a daughter and a VBA4C....

Joined 6-Jan-10

4-Dec-10 12:57 pm

Your storey has just made me chuckle, thank you, that has made my day, and MANY CONGRATULATIONS, what wonderful news, bet you keep checking to make sure. Happy Celebrate 

Joined 2-Sep-10

Top Poster
4-Dec-10 1:00 pm

Congratulations and Celebrations!!! Miracles DO happen!

Baby Girl'92 Baby Boy'99 Baby Girl'03 Baby Girl'10 and a Baby Boy Nov 2011 Thank you God.

Joined 9-Jul-08

Top Poster
4-Dec-10 1:05 pm

CONGRATS on your baby girl!!! What an awesome surprise!! :)

I should prob point out though that u/s's at 13 and 37 weeks are not very accurate... between 18 and 22 weeks is the best for gender determination, any earlier and things aren't as developed and any later and things get pretty squished/distorted.

Baby Bear Boy '06 Baby Bear Boy '09 Baby Bear Boy '11

I'm in no way "disappointed" that I have sons, I just want the chance to raise a daughter as well. Happy Wink

Want to try for a Baby Bear Girl early next year! Pray

formerly Saggyrl11

Joined 26-Nov-10

4-Dec-10 1:09 pm

saggyrl11:
I should prob point out though that u/s's at 13 and 37 weeks are not very accurate... between 18 and 22 weeks is the best for gender determination, any earlier and things aren't as developed and any later and things get pretty squished/distorted.

Oh, bummer. I had mine at 18 weeks. I guess there's not a good chance the same will happen to me Happy Wink

I just think it's excting that this CAN happen. Because you always hear about the opposite, being told girl and having a boy. I've never heard of someone being told boy and having a girl. It's shocking!!

Baby Bear Boy Due April 4, 2011

Joined 4-Dec-10

4-Dec-10 9:43 pm

I am crying tears of JOY for you! Your story gives me hope. Happy Celebrate

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby BoyBaby Boy....where's my Baby Girl ? Pray

Joined 14-Oct-09

Top Poster
4-Dec-10 10:01 pm
Wow that's an amazing story, congratulations on your baby girl!! Happy Giggle I am thrilled for you!! x
The monkeys have stolen my brain! Stick out tongue

x Surrounding myself with

Joined 8-Jun-09

Top Poster
5-Dec-10 3:58 am

oh wow! thatsan amazing story......how fantastic! Congratualtions Happy Celebrate

Baby Boy 12 May 05   Baby Boy 28 November 07    Baby Boy  17 December 08   Baby Boy  16 May 11  Baby Boy 21 April 12

Joined 19-Nov-10

5-Dec-10 4:14 am

Congratulation!!! What a nice suprise!! God luck on finding a beautiful name for your HeartsBaby Bear GirlHearts!

How did your family react?

Godmother to a Baby Girl through www.worldvision.org

TTC#4 - praying for pink

Joined 5-Jul-09

Top Poster
5-Dec-10 4:29 am

That's amazing.  Can  you imagine your face if you'd gone to change the nappy and found your baby was a girl then??!  So glad miracles do happen for some!  Baby Bear Girl

Mrs I xxx  (was d4d - moved on from swaying pink) Cycle 11 - DS#3 Born 14th June 2011 and he is just fantastic!! BFP 11/12dpo
Heart my boys Baby Boy 2003, Baby Boy 2007   due Baby Bear Boy 20th June 2011 
 Heartbroken May'10 4w4dys Sad Flower Heartbroken July '10 5wks Sad Flower   1st non sway Cycle 11 Faint BFP on CD26!!! Pray 

Make a pregnancy ticker]       

As a parent, my boys are my world and my attempting to TTC pink was not a reflection on them or the love I have for them, I simply ached for a daughter to complete our family!!  However after 10 months I'm ready for my 3rd and final child NOW!!  I just want to be pregnant.  Swaying just didn't work for us, which makes me sad, but I'm glad we tried.  I'm scared I can't have a baby at all and that is the most important thing now, a healthy pregnancy and birth of my last child.

Cycle 11 BFP @ 11/12dpo, EDD 20th June 2011 - Stick baby, please!!
Our little angel babies, gone forever but loved and always part of our family ...
Cycle 8
BFP @ 14dpo, EDD 20th March 2011. Ended in m/c at 5 weeks.  Our little poppyseed.
Cycle 6 BFP @ 14dpo, EDD 21st January 2011.  Ended in m/c at 4wks4dys.  Our little crumb.
Onto Cycle 10 ... in the 2ww @ 30/08/10 - 2nd cycle after 2nd m/c.  Can't believe where this journey has taken me.  Never imagined I'd not be pg by now and have 2 mc's too.  I will sway this month because I cannot let go of the dream just yet.  However, I really want to be holding my baby in my arms next summer and time is running out.  Come on sticky bean, this is our month.  Let's hope it's a pink one!! Hearts

Cycle 8 ... to sway or not to sway .... ???  Maybe a TTC break is needed?!  Ended up doing a partial sway, it was all I could manage in the end! Ended in mc Heartbroken
 Cycle 6!?!  How can that be?  I fell so easily with both ds's.  I didn't expect to fall straight away, but to be on my 6th cycle is totally unexpected.  I think this will be our last month of swaying as I really want to be pregnant now and am worried we somehow aren't going to manage that.  16/04/10 Ended in mc Heartbroken

Joined 7-Aug-10

Top Poster
5-Dec-10 4:59 am

Omgosh! What an incredible story! You must be sooo happy! Congrats on your precious baby girl! Hearts

Joined 9-Aug-10

Top Poster
5-Dec-10 5:17 am

Wow, I have tears in my eyes reading your story, what fantastic news.  Congratulations on your little Baby Bear Girl xxx

Baby Bear Boy 2003   Baby Bear Girl 2005   Baby Bear Boy 2007   Baby Bear Boy 2009  Baby Bear Boy 2011

Olivia Rose next

Joined 2-Sep-10

5-Dec-10 5:20 am

Wow christmas has come early for you, congrats on the birth of your new baby girl. x

Mum to four gorgeous boys, my heart is longing for a baby girl. Hoping praying dreaming that we all get are dds or dss. Big hugs on your journeys girls. xxx
Page: of 3