Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Can a doctor tie your tubes, when you say no, without you knowing it during c-section?

Jenny

Joined 11-Jul-10

17-Nov-10 2:27 pm

I had my last c-section, 7 years ago this February and had signed a form saying that I wanted the tubal done, but later changed my mind and told the nurse and doctor that I didn't want it and that I changed my mind, even during the c-section hearing him count (which scared me cause they never did that before), so I re-told him that I didnt want the tubes tied, and he goes, "ya, we know", and finishes the job.

I have been on BC for a couple of years, abstinence for a couple of years, then just being careful for another couple of years. And now we have been trying to concieve for over 6 months and nothing.

So now I wonder if that doctor lied and did it anyway or could the body just decide to be infertle after so many years?

I know that I Ovulate every month with a 25 to 30 cycle and normal periods, so I don't understand what the problem is.Sad

#1Baby Girl(2000)     #2Baby Girl(2002)     #3Baby Girl(2004)     PrayforBaby Bear Boy for #4

My Ovulation Chart

Me and my Girls!

Joined 4-Jul-10

Top Poster
17-Nov-10 4:01 pm

I suppose it could happen in theory, but I would hope your doc has a better moral ground than to do something like that!  I guess the only way to know for sure would be an hsg I think?  Not sure, but I hope you get some answers!

Baby GirlBaby Girl  Either will do

soulfire76

Joined 16-Jun-09

Top Poster
17-Nov-10 4:42 pm

? ? ? ?

Joined 23-May-09

Top Poster
17-Nov-10 5:05 pm

Go to the medical records dept. at the hospital where you had your c-section and request your operative & pathology report from the date of your c-section. There may or may not be a pathology report but if they tied your tubes, there will be one. HTH!

Baby Bear BoySept 04  Baby Bear BoyApril 08  Heartbroken May 09 Baby Bear BoyApril 10  
Pray God helps us find a way to our Baby Bear Girl but another Baby Bear Boy would be welcome too!

Jodie + 3

Joined 26-May-10

Top Poster
17-Nov-10 5:15 pm

I hope they didn't do this with out you knowing!!

Baby Boy 05 Baby Boy 08 Baby Girl 10 = complete

THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE!

Lucy

Joined 13-Feb-09

Top Poster
25-Nov-10 9:13 am
They cannot do this if you recanted your consent, and since they said that they understood that you did not want a tubal, I am sure they did not do it.

Tracey

Joined 29-Jul-10

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

25-Nov-10 11:29 am

The best you can do is get the records, as the girls are saying. I was so afraid of that happening as the doctor who delivered Ethan and sewed me up spent three consultations before the procedure asking me to get my tubes tied and telling me I have had "enough" children. She was not English/Irish and I do think it was because of her own culture and personal views.  I was so angry that she was against me having more kids and that she would let her personal views guide her opinions about me. I only had two when she wanted to tie me up. I dont blame you for worrying.

Honestly, I dont think they would have done that to you. The counting is the placenta pieces. If they have left any behind you have to go back to theatre and be re-opened. I heard counting too, I have had 3 c-sections now and I knew that was the placenta.

I would'nt sign the permission slip and she was so frustrated at that, I was sure she would tie me up without it, but they cant do that, you would end up being a millionnaire from the law suit hun. Try not to worry....it is probably stress causing the lack of pregnancy. Trying too hard...ya know...dont worry...

'05 '07 '09, our sway  due June 19th By c-section!!! A sister for our boys!! 

, Baby Ellise arrived safely on the 19th, after 4 and a half years of planning and Ingender research we have our girl!!!!!!!
Thank you Ingender, forever grateful to you. Xxxxxx

Joined 31-Jul-07

6-Dec-10 12:15 pm

I am a midwife in the uk. the counting is the swabs they use making sure they are all out! Im sure he wouldnt have tied your tubes if you didnt want them. Good luck and hope you conceive soon, then your fears will be allayed.

Joined 8-Oct-09

Top Poster
6-Dec-10 1:18 pm
Ask your doctor about secondary infertility.

Joined 10-Jul-07

Top Poster
6-Dec-10 1:54 pm

Going Bananas:
Ask your doctor about secondary infertility.

This, and perhaps ask about an HSG.

"Create each day anew by clothing yourself with heaven and earth, bathing yourself with wisdom and love, and placing yourself in the heart of Mother Nature."~Morihei Ueshiba

Tracey

Joined 29-Jul-10

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

7-Dec-10 9:26 am

two boys yeates:

I am a midwife in the uk. the counting is the swabs they use making sure they are all out! Im sure he wouldnt have tied your tubes if you didnt want them. Good luck and hope you conceive soon, then your fears will be allayed.

That happened to a friend of mine and they had to re-open her, she was really sick. Not nice when they make a boo boo.

'05 '07 '09, our sway  due June 19th By c-section!!! A sister for our boys!! 

, Baby Ellise arrived safely on the 19th, after 4 and a half years of planning and Ingender research we have our girl!!!!!!!
Thank you Ingender, forever grateful to you. Xxxxxx
Page: of 1