Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

RE: Found microscope supplies; how important is microscope?

Joined 24-Sep-10

16-Nov-10 10:52 am
Hi EGS folks- I'm planning on egs/su/tbm for a girl in the spring, so I've started trying to collect supplies. Money is an issue, so I was curious whether those who have already attempted egs think. a microscope is a critical investment. B/c of my age (42) I really want to confirm that Dh's sperm is alive, so we don't try in vain for too long. I'm eyeing some microscope on ebay for around $30- $40. At least 300 x, right? And a color wheel? What would you look for in a microscope? Will I also be able to use it to monitor saliva ferning? I also plan on buying a $35 Hanna ph tester. I plan to make my own incubator and skip the $$ CBfertility monitor. What do you think??? THANKS BTW: this site sells pipettes, slides, cylinders and microscopes etc esp. for semen analysis: http://www.fertilityformen.com/products_microscopes.php

HeartBaby Boy6/08, HeartBaby Boy 2/10, Pray Baby Girl Spring 2011

Joined 17-Sep-08

Top Poster
16-Nov-10 1:41 pm

This is exactly what I did.  Homemade incubator, digital pH meter, cheapest microscope (from teacher homeschool store), actually my microscope did not have a color wheel, I was still able to see them.  I used my microscope for the saliva ferning as ell.

Good Luck!

Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear GirlBaby Bear BoyBaby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy EGS Opposite June 23,2011

Joined 24-Sep-10

16-Nov-10 6:31 pm
BabyBobadoo:

This is exactly what I did.  Homemade incubator, digital pH meter, cheapest microscope (from teacher homeschool store), actually my microscope did not have a color wheel, I was still able to see them.  I used my microscope for the saliva ferning as ell.

Good Luck!

Thanks, BB, it's reassuring that I might be hatching a viable plan! May I bother you with follow up ? Did you find the microscope useful for making sure the spermies were alive? Could you tell the straight swimmers from the zig zaggers? Was saliva ferning a pretty precise method for pinpoint O? Is there a particular type of microscope you think is good? And lastly - do you mind if I pick your brain re: egs once in a while? You've been through it already... BTW : CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!!

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

16-Nov-10 6:55 pm

I also used a cheap $19 microscope and it worked great for me.  Now we use it for homeschooling lol

yes we could see the sperm were alive, and how they swam (with the cheap one they look like little moving dots).  I had a saliva ferning scope and it worked great for me

ddddds
My IG Blog.................... 7 Sway Factors: Diet, pH, Minerals, Hormones,
Swaying E-book .............................Ions, Supplements and Timing
...........................................................They are all linked together
Other diets:

Joined 17-Sep-08

Top Poster
17-Nov-10 11:21 am

Hera"]Did you find the microscope useful for making sure the spermies were alive? [/quote]

Oh yes!  Actually this is how I realized that DHs pH could not drop below 7.5 or all his spermies would not be moving.

[quote user="Hera"]Could you tell the straight swimmers from the zig zaggers?[/quote]

I think that I could see the difference, the straight swimmers were way more obvious.

[quote user="Hera"] Was saliva ferning a pretty precise method for pinpoint O?[/quote]

I had problems pinpointing O no matter what method I used....  the saliva ferning was never that accurate as it seemed the same as opk's it would fern before I actually O'd.

[quote user="Hera"]do you mind if I pick your brain re: egs once in a while?[/quote]

no feel free.  I am pretty sick with m/s so if I don't answer right away then I apologize in advance...

[quote user="Hera:

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS

Thank you!!

Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear GirlBaby Bear BoyBaby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy EGS Opposite June 23,2011

Joined 24-Sep-10

20-Nov-10 6:29 pm
Thanks so much BB and Tamara!

Page: of 1