Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

My first overnight CDing - LEAKED--advice?

Joined 15-Oct-10

Top Poster
16-Nov-10 9:57 am

I used my FB for the 2nd time last night.  The first time DS was dry in the morning.  This time he wetted pretty heavily.  He was not soaked down to his toes but it did leak.  I put both microfiber inserts last night.  Also, I washed the inserts twice before using.  Thoughts on how to prevent this from happening?  Also, for a OS diaper.....it didn't fit as "long" a sposie.  It seemed smallish to me.....more like a speedo and my DS is not that tall???  Should I skip OS diapers and go with diapers fitted S/M/L?  Thanks, girls!

hoping for a Baby Girl someday

Joined 16-Dec-08

Top Poster
16-Nov-10 1:06 pm

i've never tried OS diapers, but just from looking at them i'm thinking i wouldn't like it...there is no one size fits all for anything, ya know?  as for the leaking, you may want to try an insert for night time that has hemp or bamboo in it.  they are a little more $$ though.  I'm actually getting ready to go on a pocket diaper insert making adventure, LOL.  I've never really been satisfied with their performance for over nights. 

Joined 26-Mar-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

16-Nov-10 1:23 pm

I use two full size inserts overnight rather than the regular plus the smaller doubler (mine are Bum Genius 3.0, so I'm not sure if FB has the same types of inserts). Sometimes I use a hemp insert plus one of the full size microfiber ones. Do you have the diaper opened up to the largest size? I still have A on the medium size of the BGs at 17 months, and I think the FBs are similar in size. It should not fit like a Speedo!

Mom2RJA Baby Boy R, 2000 Baby Boy J, 2003 Baby Girl A, 2009 MS/IUI 10/2/07 at GIVF, natural cycle, 1 follicle, 94.7% sort purity, BFN MS/IUI 8/25/08 at HRC, Clomid + Ovidrel, 3 follicles, 92.99% sort purity, BFP!!! Beta #1 on 9/9 (15 dpo): 153, Beta #2 on 9/11 (17 dpo): 395 

mom2rja@gmail.com

RJA Feet

Joined 15-Oct-10

Top Poster
16-Nov-10 1:31 pm

Mom2RJA:
Do you have the diaper opened up to the largest size? I still have A on the medium size of the BGs at 17 months, and I think the FBs are similar in size. It should not fit like a Speedo!

I guess b/c my only experience is with sposies I'm not sure how a CD is supposed to fit.  He is in a size 6 (sposie) and they come up over his belly-button.  I had the FB on the biggest setting but it seemed kind of loose like it might sag and it was just under his belly button already.  I cinched it up a bit because I didn't want it bagging in front during the night---you know w/boys you gotta have as much protection up front as you can!  Stick out tongue  I am ordering some BG 3.0s on Friday with a few stay dry doublers, too.  My goal is to get him in cloth all day at the sitters by the end of November and then I'm going to do prefolds and covers when he is at home with me on the weekends and at night.  Q: is hemp more absorbent than microfiber??

On a side note, my secretary (who is also one of my close girlfriends) gave me SO much crap when I decided to convert to cloth a few weeks back.  She just came into my office and told me she had been doing a bunch of research and she thinks she is going to try it, too.  She is 16 wks prego.  I was like Happy  LOL!

Joined 15-Oct-10

Top Poster
16-Nov-10 1:33 pm

lovin'life:
I'm actually getting ready to go on a pocket diaper insert making adventure, LOL.
Well, let me know how that goes.  If you find the secret to making your own CDs and having them be AWESOME, let me in on it!  I have a sewing machine and WILLPOWER (and I'm a tightwad Stick out tongue)!

Joined 16-Dec-08

Top Poster
16-Nov-10 4:48 pm

haha, well i'm 32 weeks pg and hurting like crazy so i plopped my behind on my couch today and made one up real quick by hand (don't have a sewing machine)  it turned out pretty decent, I may unstich it and do it over again to fix my mistakes.  I used an old flannel blanket a micro fiber towel and a piece of a prefold.  I'm having a boy so keeping in mind the added protection needed in the front this is what I did (thinking this will be a better day time insert):  haha, nevermind...it fell completely apart in the wash, i need a sewing machine!!!

Joined 9-Dec-08

Top Poster
17-Nov-10 10:41 pm

Hemp should do the trick. I like the bottom ones:

http://www.diaperware.com/productpage/blueberry.htm#doubl

Baby Boy '00 Baby Boy '02 Baby Boy '04 Baby Girl '06 Baby Boy '09 UC Baby Girl '12 UC 12/13 Due 4/15

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~ Winston Churchill

"Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches." ~ Andy Warhol

Joined 19-May-08

Top Poster
18-Nov-10 8:46 am

Classic_Movie_Queen:

Hemp should do the trick. I like the bottom ones:

http://www.diaperware.com/productpage/blueberry.htm#doubl

Those things are awesome.  I like that they are a cotton/hemp combo.  I have some that are just hemp and they are really stiff and not as absorbant as they're supposed to be.

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby BoyBaby Girl

Lena

Joined 15-Jun-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

18-Nov-10 3:34 pm

CassGG99:
He is in a size 6 (sposie)

You may want to get the BG 4.0's instead of the 3.0's as I've heard they have a longer rise so they should fit your ds better.  You may want to look into extra large size diapers as well.  My dd2 is in size 2 sposies and wears the BG 3.0's on the medium setting so my guess would be that the large setting fits similar to a size 4 sposie.

Joined 15-Oct-10

Top Poster
19-Nov-10 4:41 pm

Ah!  Bless you lovemy4....I have NO basis for comparison!

Page: of 1