Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

A few Soy Isoflavones questions please asap

LaDonna

Joined 13-Nov-10

14-Nov-10 6:04 pm

Hi I just went out yesturday and got soy at GNC. After bringing it home I now wish I would of just grabbed the cheaper stuff at Walmart because the 100mg it has on the back of the bottle is really 34mg (says it under it) .

My questions are:

How long do you take it? I have heard from 5-7 days

How many MG do you take? I have heard 200mg which it 6 of theese pills.

Do you or did you have any side effects?

Will I feel myself "O"?

What all is it suposed to do?

Also the  Soy  pills I bought also have cranberry in them 400mg worth. I have read on a few sites (after buying and taking 1st dose) that the cranberry can be really bad for you while TTC because it thins the blood and makes implantation difficult.

Is this right?

Is it really that bad?

I am hopeing for a boy first (but would be extreemly happy ether way) and I have heard that cranberry sways for girl, is this correct?

Joined 4-Jul-10

Top Poster
15-Nov-10 10:09 am

Soy can be taken days 1-5, 3-7, 5-9 etc.  You can take between 80-200 mg a day.  Ive seen many say that you should start at a smaller dose and go from there.  Ive also seen some take a higher dose the last day or two they are supposed to take it, as a booster.  I took it twice and the biggest side effect I had was headaches.  I have been told to take it all first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and during the time you are taking it, get as much sunlight as you can.  Its supposed to help with chemicals/hormones from what I understand.  Not sure if you will feel yourself O, I didnt.  Its supposed to bring on O, it can also move it back and bring it on early too, everyone is different.  They say you shouldnt use it if you are Oing regularly on your own.  Good luck!

Baby GirlBaby Girl  Either will do

LaDonna

Joined 13-Nov-10

15-Nov-10 8:08 pm

I started taking it to try and get ether more eggs or at least a better quailty egg since we have been trying for so long (over a year) to no avail. I just hope I am not messing myself up.

Joined 4-Jul-10

Top Poster
15-Nov-10 9:27 pm

Killeen_Princess:

I started taking it to try and get ether more eggs or at least a better quailty egg since we have been trying for so long (over a year) to no avail. I just hope I am not messing myself up.

If you want more eggs, take it earlier, better quality eggs, take it later.  I would say, try it for a month, if it messes things up, you know not to do it again.  Unfortunately with supps, its hard to say for sure how your body will react before taking it, its all just trial and error.:)  Good luck!

LaDonna

Joined 13-Nov-10

16-Nov-10 12:25 am

So far it is doing something lol. I have had headaches and had a feeling on my left side tonight. I also have been taking 100mg of B6 to help my LP since it keeps getting shorter and Robitussim 3X a day from CD 9 until I "O" because I normally "O" on CD15 I am going to try the Soy CD2-6 and if I still "O" this month but don't get a BFP I will try CD3-7 next month and by then I should be able to see my RE.

What is scareing me though is the cranberry in the Soy pills. I heard it can hurt you while TTC.

Joined 4-Jul-10

Top Poster
16-Nov-10 10:41 am

Well cranberry sways girl, other than that, not sure about it hurting or not?  Also, soy will lengthen your lp too, so you know. 

LaDonna

Joined 13-Nov-10

16-Nov-10 11:31 pm

I am just nervous though because I have been having a little bit of dull cramping that goes down my right leg like my AF cramps and I have been getting a dull headache.

Joined 4-Jul-10

Top Poster
17-Nov-10 4:04 pm

Headaches I think are pretty common on soy, not sure about The cramp down your leg though.  Good luck!

Page: of 1