Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Kateyk

Joined 24-Apr-09

Top Poster
4-Nov-10 7:39 pm

Your sono results thread is locked, otherwise I would reply there.

I just wanted to thank you for your courage and honesty in letting the board know your situation.  It is one that unfortunately becomes a reality for some cyclers and I'm glad you chose to talk about it.

Personally, I empathize with your situation and support you in your current plan.  Having been through a complicated twin pregnancy recently myself I can totally see your POV.

Just sending you best wishes and support.  I hope you will choose to keep us posted.

Again, thanks for sharing your story.

GZ

Baby Boy 2005
MS/IVF/PGD Baby Girl Baby Girl OHW Mar 2010 - Thank you IG, Dr. P, Lori, HRC and MS! 
Age 31 at cycle time, with elevated FSH (12.5)
More info: visit my detailed HT blog and/or see my cycle info

Joined 19-Apr-07

Top Poster
4-Nov-10 7:42 pm

GreenZelda:

I just wanted to thank you for your courage and honesty to let the board know your situation.  It is one that unfortunately becomes a reality for some cyclers.

Personally, I totally empathize with your situation and support you in your current plan.  Having been through a complicated twin pregnancy recently myself I can totally see your POV.

Just sending you best wishes and support.  I hope you will choose to keep us posted.

Again, thanks for sharing your story.

Agree  Hearts

Joined 25-Jan-07

Top Poster
4-Nov-10 7:50 pm

Well said GZ.  She is in a very tough situation.  I know this a great support system for her.

Joined 8-Oct-09

Top Poster
4-Nov-10 8:16 pm
I don't want to start anything, but I just got on here, and I don't know what's happened with Katey. Was her thread removed? Did she find out she's having triplets? I hope she's okay.

There must be a reason why it was locked, but I'm worried about her. She was so nervous about her u/s. Anyone?

IVF (2006) BFP Baby Boy; IVF/PGD (2010) Baby Girl BFN; FET (2010) Baby Girl BFP (Due June 2011)

iglovemymunchkin@gmail.com

Joined 25-Jan-07

Top Poster
4-Nov-10 8:17 pm

Yes triplets. 

Joined 30-Nov-08

Top Poster
4-Nov-10 8:17 pm

Hi Kateyk just wanted to send you some support. I hope things work out exactly as you want them too. I dont really understand the high tech process but I started to check it out after my 3rd son was born and I like to follow the stories and bfp's. Ive read plenty of stories on here that could have worked out just like yours has. Ive never seen anyone treated so badly by people whom I assume they thought were supportive friends. I read your locked post and am outraged that anyone dare say anything negative/judgemental to you. Let them go over to the GD board and post that its posters fault they are carrying an opposite desired gender (after all they got pregnant in the first place). They knew the odds, Let them tell the ladies that its what happens when you are expecting. half get what they want half dont. They would get ripped apart. posts removed/deleted. What type of person highlights anothers pain as a lesson for others. WHY has that whole thread not been removed. Its not supportive,it;s spiteful and condesending and not what I expected to be allowed on that forum Poor Kayte when you needed them they turned on you. I hope your ok GL

Joined 30-Nov-08

Top Poster
4-Nov-10 8:20 pm

The threads still ther but its locked. Read it the replys are disgusting

Joined 25-Jan-07

Top Poster
4-Nov-10 8:20 pm

cutebubs:
What type of person highlights anothers pain as a lesson for others. WHY has that whole thread not been removed. Its not supportive,it;s spiteful and condesending

100% right!

Smart is the new hot

Joined 27-Dec-09

Top Poster
4-Nov-10 8:22 pm
Sigh...the thread stands until K asks me to remove it. Let's *please* not start the bickering and antagonizing.

Please.

Taking an IG break

My best wishes to all TTC and congrats to all that get their babies

Maria

Joined 30-Sep-08

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

4-Nov-10 8:27 pm

Thinking of you Katey Hearts

My techno savvy one 2005
My miracle boy 2009
My birthday buddy 2014

Joined 28-Feb-10

Top Poster
4-Nov-10 8:32 pm

Thanks everyone for your support.  I knew I might get judged when I posted but I didn't think the replies would hurt me, but, alas, they did.  I guess I am sensitive today.  Grits, you can remove my other thread and I am not going to post anymore updates on my pregnancy.  I'll still be on PM if anyone really wants to know and I'll still be reading the boards for all the people I care about going through their cycles.  I have gotten many kind PMs today.

Joined 25-Jan-07

Top Poster
4-Nov-10 8:33 pm

grits:
Sigh...the thread stands until K asks me to remove it. Let's *please* not start the bickering and antagonizing.

Please.

You're right-  In the end, no matter what our opinions are ..or how they differ, we all come for info, advice and support on this journey. 

So, in the spirt of GZ's original post- My thoughts are with you during this time!Hearts

Joined 11-Feb-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

4-Nov-10 8:36 pm

Joined 8-Oct-09

Top Poster
4-Nov-10 8:37 pm
Since the other post was locked, I hope this one can simply be a place to offer her some support.

Katey, if you read this, I am thinking about you. You are in a difficult place right now, and I'm so sorry you have to face this decision. I will be hoping for you that nature takes over.

Are you holding up okay? I'm so sorry, and I desperately hope you will not be afraid to post here. You have a lot of IG friends ready to support and comfort you. Hugs.

IVF (2006) BFP Baby Boy; IVF/PGD (2010) Baby Girl BFN; FET (2010) Baby Girl BFP (Due June 2011)

iglovemymunchkin@gmail.com

my girls

Joined 28-Feb-08

Top Poster
4-Nov-10 8:44 pm

I never read the other thread, but I can only imagine what was said there.  In 2008 we found out that we were pregnant with triplets after transferring two embryos.  I was devastated at the thought of how my pregnancy might turn out.  My DH and I talked and talked and we finally knew what would be right for our family.  It was a super emotional time.  I found some support on here and some on another board.  Mostly, it was people judging me....whatever.  At 12 weeks I found out that I had spontaneously lost one of the babies.  At the time it seemed almost a relief.  Having said that, there is not a day that goes by that I don't wonder which of my girls had an identical twin sister.  I know that things worked out the way they were suppose to for me, I hope they do for you too.

You will be in my thoughts, I hope you are doing ok and have some people you can lean on.

Baby Boy 12 years, Baby Boy 9 years, Baby Boy 6 years, Baby Boy 4 years, Baby Girl Baby Girl two years!

Page: of 3