Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Baby William arrived 10/6/10!

Joined 18-Oct-09

30-Oct-10 9:08 pm

William (Will) Joseph Q... was born 10/6 at 5:30 pm. He was a healthy 7 lbs 14 oz and 21 inches long. 

The labor didn't go at all like I expected, very different from DS1, andmuch quicker. This time I started to get strong contractions and went to the PEC but they sent me home becuase I was only 3 cm dilated (it was 3am when they sent me home). They told me to go to my OB appt which was scheduled for later that morning. The nurse actually suggested that I go home, take some Benedril and try to sleep. Well I did try to sleep (minus the Benedril) but the contractions were way too intense to sleep through. I was exhausted by the time I got up to get ready for the OB appt. The contractions were now 3 minutes apart and I could hardly walk/sit/talk through them. There was no way I was going to be able to sit in the waiting room for my appt. So I went back to the evalutation center in the hospital. This time I was 4 cm dilated. They hooked me up to the monitors again. After some time they came in and said they were going to admit me but there were no L&D rooms available so we had to wait. I was GBS+ and I told them I was concerned that I needed to get the antibiotics in my system, I was worried if I had a quick delivery there wouldn't be time to get the dosage in time. They agreed to start the IV and the antibiotics. As the nurse was getting the IV and medications my water broke, then the contractions got MUCH worse. They checked me again and I went from 4 cm to 8 cm in a matter of minutes, thanks to my water breaking. There was still no L&D room available...And the nurse was saying there was no time for an epidural...AND that they may need to deliver me in the evaluation center. Well this made me very nervous and a bit panicky. I started to cry at this point. I just really wanted my epidural, LOL, and the thought of not getting it and feeling everything scared the hell out of me. I labored to 8 cm without pain meds, I had had enough at that point. Happy Wink Luckily, wihle they were all trying to figure out where to deluver me, a L&D room finally became available and they rushed me over. A nurse grabbed an anesthesiologist on the way and I was able to get an epidural after all. I felt much better after that and was able to enjoy the rest of my labor and delivery.

At 5:30 pm, after just 5 minutes of pushing, William Jospeh was born! Happy  LOL 

Lisa (30)
DH (34)
[DS1] 2/12/05
[DS2] 10/6/10

Maria

Joined 30-Sep-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

30-Oct-10 9:30 pm

My techno savvy one 2005
My miracle boy 2009
My birthday buddy 2014

Joined 10-Nov-09

Top Poster
31-Oct-10 12:06 am

Congrats on your new baby boy!

Jessi

Joined 4-Sep-10

31-Oct-10 12:31 am

congratulations! What a beautiful baby boy :D

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers pregnancy calendar

Some time, Some day

Joined 7-Jul-09

Top Poster
31-Oct-10 3:12 am

Congratulations Hearts

Visit my blog for updates - http://journey2dfuture.wordpress.com/

Joined 9-Oct-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

31-Oct-10 4:50 am
Congratulations! What a cutie pie your little boy is!

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby BoyBaby Girl

Joined 18-Jul-06

Top Poster
31-Oct-10 5:24 am

He is adorable!!

Joined 18-Oct-09

31-Oct-10 8:42 pm

THANKS Everyone!!! Happy  LOL

I was Pray for pink this time around, but I am totally in love with this little guy. I guess I was just meant to be a mom of boys! Maybe that is why blue is my favorite color, LOL.

Lisa (30)
DH (34)
[DS1] 2/12/05
[DS2] 10/6/10

Due June 5th

Joined 25-Apr-08

Top Poster
1-Nov-10 1:09 am

Adorable! Congrats Love Ya!

Baby Boy04Baby Boy07Baby Boy09 Heartbroken10  Baby Girl 28th of April 35+3 weeks Heartbroken Baby Girl June 13 Baby #5 due June 5th

Joined 23-Feb-10

1-Nov-10 11:57 am

Congratulations!!! He's a cutie!

Page: of 1