****************** Our Conclusions ******************
Farah is very clean, modern and very professional hospital. If we had to go again we would pick Farah again without any doubts.
Farah is a very serious institution and the experience they have collected over the years is probably unique.
Establishing a good communication is the only downside that needs improvement.
Note: do not expect a "five star" HOTEL service experience. You won`t get that.
Expect "five star" IVF CENTER and HOSPITAL experience!.
I spoke with their head embryologist, head nurse, their head IVF doctor and their head of the IVF department. I can't remember that I have ever spoken with the head of any hotel anywhere and we are not some important couple or VIP`s.( I wrote all this because I noticed, most of the times people are trying to compare their IVF experience with their summer holidays. This is wrong. Very, very wrong. Of course it may look like a holiday but that can only be a bonus for you. That`s always something second. ( And I still haven`t written anything about how beautiful, Amman and Petra are. )
We got what we came for and much, much more...
****************** Our Results (Update) ******************
- 13 days after the transfer we did our first home pregnancy test. We used 3 different brands. All were BFP! (BIG FAT POSITIVE)
- 15 days after the transfer we did a blood test. BFP and hCG level was 1200!
- Betabase info, indicated twins.
- 5 weeks and 2 days after the transfer, (used online pregnancy calculator) ultrasound detected one embryo.
- 7 weeks and 3 days after the transfer, (used online
pregnancy calculator) ultrasound detected one embryo and strong heart-beat.
- Additional calculators . Here and here.
****************** LOG: Time-line, medications and supplements. ******************
In case you didn’t, please download the protocol LOG
. It will be much easier for you to understand the details. Pre-test.
(Your general health status.)
Its a small price to pay to make sure that your cycle won’t be canceled because of some trivial condition.
- Go to your gynecologist, have a deep ultra sound scan and ask not just about your health but also about your reproductive status and potential.
- Question to ask: If I get pregnant today, do you thing something might create problem?
- Know what to look for : Link 1
(Cyst) and Link 2
(Estrogen levels) .
- Go to your dentist and fix everything you need to fix.
- If you haven’t already started taking folic-acid you should start now. ( Folic Acid – 0.4 mg. One per day.)Test
. (Hormone-blood test.)
1. Day one of the menstrual cycle -1st day bleeding.
2. Day two of the menstrual cycle - 2nd day bleeding - prepare for next day hormone tests - no eating or drinking for 12 hours before the test. 3. Day three of the menstrual cycle - 3rd day bleeding. Hormone test day.
- FSH (FSH stands for follicle-stimulating hormone. Measurements of FSH can be determined through a simple blood test. Levels of this hormone directly correlate to the number of eggs that you have "on reserve" in your ovaries.)
- ESTRADIOL – Estradiol test is performed in order to determine a woman's ovarian reserve. It is also performed in order to confirm a woman's FSH test
- LH – LH helps regulate ovulation and turn empty follicles into corpus
- PROLACTIN – Prolactin is a hormone that plays a role in fertility by inhibiting follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH), the hormones that trigger ovulation and allow eggs to develop and mature. Prolactin (also called luteotropic hormone) is also associated with the production of breast milk.)
- CBC - Complete blood count - blood test to check the complete blood count rather than just a red or white blood count. The doctor wants to know if an infection is going on.
- FBS - Fasting blood sugar measures blood glucose after you have not eaten for at least 8 hours. It is often the first test done to check for prediabetes and diabetes.
- TSH - Measures the amount of thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) in your blood. Tests are conducted to find out if she has any thyroid hormone problems that may be preventing ovulation.
You can get some basic info about your hormone results here!
Also, some good explanation, here!
Additional required tests taking in consideration that they don't accept cases with positive HIV or HCV.
- HIV - AIDS.
- HCV - hepatitis C.
- HBsAg - hepatitis B surface antigen.
Additional test you should consider that day:
- For both of you: Full blood and urine test.
Same day results :
- If you are NOT OK with all the tests, go to the 1-st point, month or two later.
- If you ARE OK with all the tests, and feel healthy enough, go to the 4th , next step.
4. Go to your local IVF specialist. Present ALL your results, inform him about your plan and ask for hormonal stimulation protocol.
(You can do this in few different places to get different opinions. )
5. Send those results to Farah if you plan to have full stimulation protocol with them.
Protocol for hormonal stimulation should start on your second day of your next menstrual cycle,
All other details are explained in the post above and in the LOG itself.
Tip: try this online IVF Cycle Scheduler
for Long Protocol! Time - line simulation.
(Example, 28 days menstrual cycle in March.)
AT HOME (After pretesting was done .)
01.March - (First day bleeding) First Menstrual cycle starts. (Next, second menstrual cycle should start on 29thMarch.)
03.March - (Third day bleeding) - Hormonal tests day. Same day, or ASAP send the results to Farah and ask for their opinion and advice.
21. March hormone suppression should start but that depends from the protocol and what arrangement you have. This can be different.
29.March - (First day bleeding) As predicted your menstrual cycle starts.
30.March - (Second day bleeding) - day two of the cycle, daily injections, monitor follicular growth by ultrasound and hormonal assay.
+ 10-12 days - final maturation injection;
+ 34 hours – Egg retrieval (collection) and fertilization;
+ 3days PGD and Egg transfer;
+1 day , back home;
+12 days, first pregnancy tests.
6. Important: educate yourself about OHSS
but don’t get scared!
- Why electrolytes like Gatorade or IsoSport are OK for OHSS symptoms?
Protein and electrolytes both will pull extra fluid into your intravascular system and keep it from accumulating in your abdominal cavity. It will replenish and refresh your fluids. It should regulate your fluid intake and urine outtake.
7. After hCG was given the hospital prescribed:
- Some antibiotics
- Duphastone (Dydrogesterone) 3x1 per day.
- Cyclogest (Progesterone) - 400mg. (Vaginally before night sleep.)
8. After the egg transfer:
- Duphastone (Dydrogesterone) 3x1 per day. ( For 12 days or If tested positive, 3 months.)
- Cyclogest (Progesterone) - 400mg. (Vaginally before night sleep. For 12 days or If tested positive, 3 months. )
- Baby Aspirin - 81g one per day. ( For 12 days. If tested positive 3 months. )
9. Food supplements we are using , for almost two months.
Lots of Honey, IsoStar electrolyte drink, Whey Protein shakes.
And no coffee at all :)