Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Beta level and u/s worrying me sick- help!

Nerida

Joined 11-Apr-10

25-Oct-10 3:38 am

Hi everyone, had my first u/s this morning (abdominal only) and there was only a yolk sac with no heartbeat Sad. Then went for blood test and Beta level only 4796 SadSad Doctor says come back in 2 weeks. How am I not supposed to go out of my mind?

At 15DPO, Beta level was 335 and 702 at 17DPO. If they double roughly every 48 hours, that should put it at 22464 or thereabouts. Plus progesterone level was 43 at 7DPO and 43.9 at 17DPO- how is that normal?  Tongue Tied

This is my first pregnancy and I'm freaking out. Please help Pray

Mother to 11 furbabies and 2 goldfish.  Desperately wanting a baby 

Heartbroken 8 weeks Nov 2010

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2c1482

Joined 19-Jan-09

Top Poster
25-Oct-10 6:30 am

I would try not to freak out. I know that's easier said then done, but I wasn't expecting to see anything at 5wks 5days. My doctor wasn't expecting to see anything either and warned me before he began. There is a website called justmommies and under tools there is a hcg calculator that will show you your doubling time. Not sure what it should be, but you can put your numbers in there.

Praying for a sticky bean!!!

Baby Boy- 7Baby Boy- 5Baby Boy- 2 Heartbroken 7/10 Baby Bear Boy 6/11!

Nerida

Joined 11-Apr-10

25-Oct-10 3:18 pm

Thank you for responding Read-for-another!! Happy I will try not to freak out as it won't do me or the little bean any good. I started spotting last night though and I feel in my heart this is a blighted ovum and that I will miscarry Sad. I just have to come to terms with the possibility and try to stay positive. I'm 40 in January so I guess I'm at a higher risk of something going wrong, just hopefully it won't be a recurring thing.

How is your pregnancy going? Have you had many symptoms? I hope it's going well Hugs Butterfly

Joined 19-Jan-09

Top Poster
25-Oct-10 3:43 pm

I'll be praying for!

I'm just obssessing alot about everything and am having a hard time concentrating on anything. I have some nausea and break outs.

Try to stay positive-my friend spotted with all of her pregnancies, she seems to be sensitive to hormones.

Baby Boy- 7Baby Boy- 5Baby Boy- 2 Heartbroken 7/10 Baby Bear Boy 6/11!

TTC#4 - praying for pink

Joined 5-Jul-09

Top Poster
25-Oct-10 4:22 pm

Seaspryte, sorry I read and ran earlier and meant to come back and reply.  I was so happy to see that you had gotten your bfp, the furbies mummy thing always makes me smile and hope you get your dd/ds to add to your family.  I really hope you are not about to mc.  I hope the spotting is nothing to worry about and we get to know each other here on June. hugs xx

Mrs I xxx  (was d4d - moved on from swaying pink) Cycle 11 - DS#3 Born 14th June 2011 and he is just fantastic!! BFP 11/12dpo
Heart my boys Baby Boy 2003, Baby Boy 2007   due Baby Bear Boy 20th June 2011 
 Heartbroken May'10 4w4dys Sad Flower Heartbroken July '10 5wks Sad Flower   1st non sway Cycle 11 Faint BFP on CD26!!! Pray 

Make a pregnancy ticker]       

As a parent, my boys are my world and my attempting to TTC pink was not a reflection on them or the love I have for them, I simply ached for a daughter to complete our family!!  However after 10 months I'm ready for my 3rd and final child NOW!!  I just want to be pregnant.  Swaying just didn't work for us, which makes me sad, but I'm glad we tried.  I'm scared I can't have a baby at all and that is the most important thing now, a healthy pregnancy and birth of my last child.

Cycle 11 BFP @ 11/12dpo, EDD 20th June 2011 - Stick baby, please!!
Our little angel babies, gone forever but loved and always part of our family ...
Cycle 8
BFP @ 14dpo, EDD 20th March 2011. Ended in m/c at 5 weeks.  Our little poppyseed.
Cycle 6 BFP @ 14dpo, EDD 21st January 2011.  Ended in m/c at 4wks4dys.  Our little crumb.
Onto Cycle 10 ... in the 2ww @ 30/08/10 - 2nd cycle after 2nd m/c.  Can't believe where this journey has taken me.  Never imagined I'd not be pg by now and have 2 mc's too.  I will sway this month because I cannot let go of the dream just yet.  However, I really want to be holding my baby in my arms next summer and time is running out.  Come on sticky bean, this is our month.  Let's hope it's a pink one!! Hearts

Cycle 8 ... to sway or not to sway .... ???  Maybe a TTC break is needed?!  Ended up doing a partial sway, it was all I could manage in the end! Ended in mc Heartbroken
 Cycle 6!?!  How can that be?  I fell so easily with both ds's.  I didn't expect to fall straight away, but to be on my 6th cycle is totally unexpected.  I think this will be our last month of swaying as I really want to be pregnant now and am worried we somehow aren't going to manage that.  16/04/10 Ended in mc Heartbroken

Nerida

Joined 11-Apr-10

26-Oct-10 4:27 am

Thanks so much, ladies, your thoughts and kindness mean a lot. I just have to try try try to calm down and wait for a couple of weeks, can't figure out though why he couldn't have got me back in a week to do another u/s. Don't these people know we're dying inside when these things happen??? GRRRR Angry

Congrats on your BFP, Mrs_Incredible, how are you feeling? Prayers for a sticky bean for you Good Luck CloverHugs Butterfly and for all of us

Joined 2-Feb-09

27-Oct-10 6:44 pm

Thinking of you and FX for a sticky bean.  I'm so sorry...the limbo of waiting is so emotionally draining.

Baby Boy Baby Boy Baby Boy Baby Boy Baby Boy Baby Boy & Baby Boy in 2014  

TTC#4 - praying for pink

Joined 5-Jul-09

Top Poster
28-Oct-10 3:32 am

Seaspryte:

Congrats on your BFP, Mrs_Incredible, how are you feeling? Prayers for a sticky bean for you Good Luck CloverHugs Butterfly and for all of us

Thanks so much.  I'm feeling pretty normal with rather large and tender bb's lol!!  DH is mesmerised lol!!

How are you doing?  Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and hoping for good news real soon xx Pray

Mrs I xxx  (was d4d - moved on from swaying pink) Cycle 11 - DS#3 Born 14th June 2011 and he is just fantastic!! BFP 11/12dpo
 Heartbroken May'10 4w4dys Sad Flower Heartbroken July '10 5wks Sad Flower   1st non sway Cycle 11 Faint BFP on CD26!!! Pray 

Make a pregnancy ticker]       

As a parent, my boys are my world and my attempting to TTC pink was not a reflection on them or the love I have for them, I simply ached for a daughter to complete our family!!  However after 10 months I'm ready for my 3rd and final child NOW!!  I just want to be pregnant.  Swaying just didn't work for us, which makes me sad, but I'm glad we tried.  I'm scared I can't have a baby at all and that is the most important thing now, a healthy pregnancy and birth of my last child.

Our little angel babies, gone forever but loved and always part of our family ...
Cycle 8
BFP @ 14dpo, EDD 20th March 2011. Ended in m/c at 5 weeks.  Our little poppyseed.
Cycle 6 BFP @ 14dpo, EDD 21st January 2011.  Ended in m/c at 4wks4dys.  Our little crumb.
Onto Cycle 10 ... in the 2ww @ 30/08/10 - 2nd cycle after 2nd m/c.  Can't believe where this journey has taken me.  Never imagined I'd not be pg by now and have 2 mc's too.  I will sway this month because I cannot let go of the dream just yet.  However, I really want to be holding my baby in my arms next summer and time is running out.  Come on sticky bean, this is our month.  Let's hope it's a pink one!! Hearts

Cycle 8 ... to sway or not to sway .... ???  Maybe a TTC break is needed?!  Ended up doing a partial sway, it was all I could manage in the end! Ended in mc Heartbroken
 Cycle 6!?!  How can that be?  I fell so easily with both ds's.  I didn't expect to fall straight away, but to be on my 6th cycle is totally unexpected.  I think this will be our last month of swaying as I really want to be pregnant now and am worried we somehow aren't going to manage that.  16/04/10 Ended in mc Heartbroken

Nerida

Joined 11-Apr-10

28-Oct-10 3:47 am

Mrs_Incredible:
I'm feeling pretty normal with rather large and tender bb's lol!!  DH is mesmerised lol!!

Happy ROFL  haha I bet he his

As for me, not great really. I got another blood test done yesterday and HCG was only 5355 Sad An increase, yes but only 12% in 50 hours which isn't really enough. I'm silly, I should have asked for progesterone as that might have told me a bit more but was too distressed to think of it at the time. I'm sure I'm going to miscarry, I just hope it doesn't draw out too much as it's doing my head and heart completely in right now. I think I'll line up a vaginal u/s for Monday if AF hasn't come because I can't wait until Monday week, I'll go completely insane, I'm already getting there fast.

Thank you for your kind words, Random, the limbo is the part that is sending me crazy. How's everything going with you? Sticky, sticky pink bean for you Pray

Hearts 

TTC#4 - praying for pink

Joined 5-Jul-09

Top Poster
28-Oct-10 3:50 am

Seaspryte:
I got another blood test done yesterday and HCG was only 5355 Sad An increase, yes but only 12% in 50 hours

I'm so sorry to hear that.  I'd definately get an u/s done sooner rather than waiting as this must be eating you up inside.  (((hugs))) xx

Make a pregnancy ticker]       

Cycle 8

Joined 20-Sep-07

Top Poster
28-Oct-10 4:31 am
Seaspryte:
As for me, not great really. I got another blood test done yesterday and HCG was only 5355 Sad An increase, yes but only 12% in 50 hours which isn't really enough.
Oh Seaspryte, I am praying things turn around for you! I'm sure you've already looked up everything reguarding this, but I read that only 85% of women's numbers double.. 15% is a pretty big number considering how many women get pregnant every day. Think positive hun! And the normal range for 6 weeks looks like 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml.. You are way above the lowest level. What day did they want you to come back? I'm afraid you might not see anything Monday and get worried even more when yet things maybe just fine. But I can understand your anxiousness... Is this your first pregnancy at all? I'll be checking for your update and I pray hard for you and this lil bean..

Baby Bear Boy DS1- age 12    Baby Bear Boy DS2- age 8    Baby Bear Girl DD-age 1         

Thank you God for all my blessings.....Hearts

Nerida

Joined 11-Apr-10

28-Oct-10 5:15 am

soooblessed:
Is this your first pregnancy at all? I'll be checking for your update and I pray hard for you and this lil bean..

Love Ya! Thank you so much soooblessed, you made me cry but in a happy way not a sad way, your words and thoughts mean so much. Yes, it is my first pregnancy, I always planned to start a family at 30 but ten years of serious illness got in the way. By some miracle, God has given me not only the gift of life but also the ability to get pregnant at nearly 40. Now I just have to pray that He will add staying pregnant to my list of blessings this year. Embarrassed Oh dear, that sounds SO flaky but for someone who went into a coma and nearly died last September, I'm so, so lucky to have the fantastic life I have now as for ten years, I lived an almost non-existence. But all the gratitude in the world doesn't take away desperately wanting a baby so your prayers mean the world Hearts

TTC#4 - praying for pink

Joined 5-Jul-09

Top Poster
28-Oct-10 6:46 am

soooblessed:
15% is a pretty big number considering how many women get pregnant every day. Think positive hun! And the normal range for 6 weeks looks like 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml.. You are way above the lowest level.

Now that is encouraging news, I truly hope this lo is meant to be.  As you say Seaspryte to have recovered from a coma and years of illness doesn't mean that your urge to be a mum goes away, it's probably stronger than ever!!  It's an amazing story and it's wonderful that are enjoying a new lease of life.   xx

Make a pregnancy ticker]       

Cycle 8

Page: of 1