Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Who's all Knocked up with Twins Currently?

Full House

Joined 5-Jul-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

14-Oct-10 6:22 pm

Brain is mushy--Just wondered if we could do a roll call for those preggers with twins right now? I will see if I can make this sticky for a bit, and keep track of what we are all feeling? Any thoughts?

I am Charliecats, expecting twin girls on March 1, 2011.

I am currently 20 wks, measuring about 27 wks, and up 22 lbs from my pre preg weight. Eeeeeek!! I am finding I am out of breathe a fair bit already, and still really dang tired. I am going to be done work at 25 weeks, to get off my feet thankfully, and to try to keep these babies in for the long haul.

Anybody else want to jump in?

A lot of great kids, and a full time job mean very little time to play! Miss you all!!
Thank you In-Gender and Maureen for giving me a place to dream, and the tools to chase those dreams<3

Joined 21-Jul-09

Top Poster
14-Oct-10 11:23 pm

Great Idea,

Kerribug2004 expecting a boy and a girl Due Feb 16 2011

I am 22 weeks and Ive been having lots of pain in my abdomen, currently taking progesterone shots to keep preterm labor away. I am a SHAM with three boys ages 5y, 3y, and 1y (soon to be 2y in Dec), Ive been feeling very tired, I nap alot, the twins are measuring right on target as of now. Ive not really gain any weight, Ive actually lost 16lbs.

Joined 21-Mar-08

Top Poster
14-Oct-10 11:40 pm

Me!

I'm Daisy Mae and am expecting twin girls (we assume... hasn't been officially confirmed, yet Happy Wink) on April 4, 2011.  I am almost 16 weeks.

At last check at 14 weeks, I was measuring 18 weeks and was up 10 pounds.  I think I have gained a couple more in the last week or so.  Could be due to the pumpkin pie blizzard I had tonight from Dairy Queen... flavor of the month and it was AMAZING! 

I also get tired easily and get out of breath doing ordinary things... like reading outloud to my sons! 

I don't think it has really hit me, yet, what I am in store for once the twins get here.  I think I am in denial about all the work it is going to be.  My coping mechanism is to buy cute matching girl clothes.  Afterall, taking care of twins will surely be so much easier if they look cute and match while they are screaming!  Happy 

I do worry about my boys and how I will meet everyone's needs.  I want to bf and I hope I am up for the challenge.  Oh, and I worry that my boys won't like having sisters and will wish the girls are boys!  Oh well, too late now, I suppose!

Completely in love with my amazing Baby BoyBaby Boy

MS/GSN/IVF OHW Twin Baby GirlBaby Girl Thanks to Dr. Potter! 

Joined 8-Oct-09

Top Poster
15-Oct-10 11:18 am

Daisy Mae:

Afterall, taking care of twins will surely be so much easier if they look cute and match while they are screaming!  Happy 

Haha, works for me!!!

See how cute they are when they match?! :)... or maybe it's just because they are sleeping here.... hmmm

We call this twintuition! Congrats to all the expecting twin mommies. :)

Full-size image

Joined 21-Jul-09

Top Poster
15-Oct-10 12:01 pm

OMG Bananas they are so adorable, I love it, I love all the hair too

Joined 31-Jul-08

Top Poster
15-Oct-10 1:34 pm

Sorry to barge in, but just wanted to say congrats to all you twin mamas!  Being pregnant with twins is something very special that not many women get to do - enjoy it because it will be over before you know it!  (But then the fun really begins!)  Stick out tongue

Oh, and make sure to get plenty of rest.  I owe making it to 36 weeks to my DH who pretty much took over the cooking, cleaning, and care for DS when I was around 28 weeks.  Keep gestating those precious babies!

Baby Boy - 2006, Baby GirlBaby Girl  - 2009

Joined 21-Jul-09

Top Poster
15-Oct-10 1:46 pm

forbiddendonut:

Sorry to barge in, but just wanted to say congrats to all you twin mamas!  Being pregnant with twins is something very special that not many women get to do - enjoy it because it will be over before you know it!  (But then the fun really begins!)  Stick out tongue

Oh, and make sure to get plenty of rest.  I owe making it to 36 weeks to my DH who pretty much took over the cooking, cleaning, and care for DS when I was around 28 weeks.  Keep gestating those precious babies!

Hearts

Full House

Joined 5-Jul-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

15-Oct-10 7:16 pm

forbiddendonut:
Oh, and make sure to get plenty of rest.  I owe making it to 36 weeks to my DH who pretty much took over the cooking, cleaning, and care for DS when I was around 28 weeks

What a great husband! He is a rock star!! My dh has been helping a lot now already, especially as I am still working. And my veins are killing me. Husbands are amazing!

My biggest fear is birthing before 36 wks. Every contraction I have already, I start to worry. It is such a weird feeling to feel them move, and I swear sometimes that they both go sideways, and start pushing against my belly in opposite directions!

A lot of great kids, and a full time job mean very little time to play! Miss you all!!
Thank you In-Gender and Maureen for giving me a place to dream, and the tools to chase those dreams<3

Joined 21-Mar-08

Top Poster
15-Oct-10 10:17 pm

Going Bananas, your babies are too precious!  Are they identical?  If not, they are really in similar positions that make them look alike!

charliecats:
My biggest fear is birthing before 36 wks.

I'm scared of that, too.  I wonder what percentage of twin moms end up on bedrest to prevent early labor.  Most all the people I know who have twins pretty much ended up on some type of bedrest or restrictions at the end of their pregnancy.  If my dh thinks I am pretty useless now around the house, he just better wait!  Stick out tongue

Joined 31-Jul-08

Top Poster
15-Oct-10 10:24 pm

Daisy Mae:

I'm scared of that, too.  I wonder what percentage of twin moms end up on bedrest to prevent early labor.  Most all the people I know who have twins pretty much ended up on some type of bedrest or restrictions at the end of their pregnancy.  If my dh thinks I am pretty useless now around the house, he just better wait!  Stick out tongue

My OB told me 50% chance I'd end up on bedrest.  I did not...but I did spend as much time laying down as I could.  And she told me to cut down at work at 28 weeks.  I started working 4 hours a day at that point.  At 32 weeks my boss let me work from home.  All of this was precautionary - I never went into preterm labor.  (They were born at 36 weeks due to IUGR - they had stopped growing).

Joined 31-Jul-08

Top Poster
15-Oct-10 10:26 pm

One more thing - you're less likely to go into preterm labor if this is NOT your first pregnancy.  It says the exact percentage in Dr. Luke's book, I think it's like 50% less likely.

Joined 21-Mar-08

Top Poster
15-Oct-10 10:42 pm

Thanks, forbiddendonut!  Very useful info you provided.  I keep meaning to check that book out at our library, but I keep forgetting!

Joined 31-Jul-08

Top Poster
17-Oct-10 10:20 pm

Daisy Mae:

Thanks, forbiddendonut!  Very useful info you provided.  I keep meaning to check that book out at our library, but I keep forgetting!

You're welcome!  You really should take a look.  There is so much great info in there.  I really took the diet and rest suggestions to heart.  I wasn't able to follow her recommendations to a T because they are a little extreme, but I tried to get as close as I could and I really feel that it helped a lot.

Joined 8-Oct-09

Top Poster
18-Oct-10 8:43 pm

Daisy Mae:

Going Bananas, your babies are too precious!  Are they identical?  If not, they are really in similar positions that make them look alike!

They're fraternal, grew more into their different looks. here they are recently, same baby in her respective position as last photo.

Joined 31-Jul-08

Top Poster
18-Oct-10 11:43 pm

Going Bananas"]

[quote user="Daisy Mae:

[/quote] 

They're fraternal, grew more into their different looks. here they are recently, same baby in her respective position as last photo.

They still look identical to me, lol, but I get the same thing about my clearly obvious (to me) fraternal twins.

Page: of 4