Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

does anyone else get jealous over people who have one of each ???

Joined 27-May-10

9-Oct-10 11:01 am

before i had any children i wanted just 2 daughters, i never really wanted a boy. but when i fell pregnant with my 3rd baby thats when my GD started..... i don't get jealous over people who have their first baby if it's a boy, but if someone i know already has a girl then goes on to have a boy next, it leaves me feeling sick and wanting to cry [:'(]

my sister in law has 4 boys and has had 2 stillborn boys, making it 6 boys. she got really jealous of me when ive had my last two dd's. i feel this is a bit strange as i would only get jealous over her if she went on to have a girl, as this would mean she has finally got what she wanted (and i haven't) GOD THAT SOUNDS SOO SELFISH !!! sorry Sad but it's just the way i feel.... im feeling rubbish at the minute as my niece has just had a baby boy now one of my friends has, plus about 5 more people i know. everyone keeps saying how its all boy's at the minute, i just know im gonna have another girl [:'(]

Baby GirlBaby GirlBaby GirlBaby Boy

Joined 10-Jul-07

Top Poster
9-Oct-10 11:04 am

I never wanted one of each gender. I always wanted 2 boys or 2 girls. I think the bond between 2 brothers and/or 2 sisters is remarkable and I never had that so I'm glad that my girls have that 'sisterly' bond.

"Create each day anew by clothing yourself with heaven and earth, bathing yourself with wisdom and love, and placing yourself in the heart of Mother Nature."~Morihei Ueshiba

Joined 11-Jan-09

Top Poster
9-Oct-10 11:10 am

Nope, I think it's easier with two boys or two girls.

#3 due 7/1/13

Joined 27-May-10

yeah thats why i always wanted 2 girls, think i may of worded it wrong, i ment " do you get jealous if people get what they want" ??? i really would love to be happy for others but if i find out that someone is having a boy after having 1 or two girls i get really jealous [:'(] i really wish i didn't as jealousy is a horrible trate x

im happy to hear if people finally get the gender of choice on here though, as i know what it feels like to want something soo badly Sad

Baby GirlBaby GirlBaby GirlBaby Boy

Joined 11-Jan-09

Top Poster

baci di farfalla:
I think the bond between 2 brothers and/or 2 sisters is remarkable and I never had that so I'm glad that my girls have that 'sisterly' bond.

Agree

#3 due 7/1/13

Happy

Joined 25-Feb-10

Top Poster
9-Oct-10 11:13 am

baci di farfalla:

I never wanted one of each gender. I always wanted 2 boys or 2 girls. I think the bond between 2 brothers and/or 2 sisters is remarkable and I never had that so I'm glad that my girls have that 'sisterly' bond.

This exactly! But before having my two boys I always wanted a boy and girl. Now I feel sorry for people with PP because they don't get to experience that brotherly bond I see with my boys. I'm not saying brothers and sisters can't bond but they don't the same two brothers do or two sisters do. This is where I have guilt because if I do have a girl next which I am hoping for she won't have a sister...I really don't want to risk having more and doing the whole boy boy boy etc before she gets a sister so I know she wouldn't. Then if I have a boy I know all my boys can bond together. That's whats hard for me right now

Baby Bear Boy9/13/2006 Baby Bear Boy9/10/2008 Baby Bear Girl4/1/2011 Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Joined 9-Dec-08

Top Poster
9-Oct-10 11:49 am
Kermitlvr16"]

[quote user="baci di farfalla:

[/quote] This exactly! But before having my two boys I always wanted a boy and girl. Now I feel sorry for people with PP because they don't get to experience that brotherly bond I see with my boys. I'm not saying brothers and sisters can't bond but they don't the same two brothers do or two sisters do. This is where I have guilt because if I do have a girl next which I am hoping for she won't have a sister...I really don't want to risk having more and doing the whole boy boy boy etc before she gets a sister so I know she wouldn't. Then if I have a boy I know all my boys can bond together. That's whats hard for me right now
You shouldnt feel bad for people with a PP. I have one and no my son nor daughter will experience the same sex sibling but my son really really wanted a little sister and never wanted a brother. And the two of them are so sweet together. He wants to be with her all the time and she just adores him and laughs so hard and just lights up like you would not believe when she sees big brother. I think they will have a bond just a good as two brothers or two sisters.

DS- Trevor 11/24/05

DD - Kathryn 5/7/2010 at 37+5 weeks!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

loving my 3 cuties ?

Joined 12-Dec-07

Top Poster
9-Oct-10 12:15 pm

Baby Boy2002   Baby Boy2005   Baby Girl2008 (TBM with thanks to Ingender Hearts)

Joined 19-Nov-09

Top Poster
9-Oct-10 2:10 pm

Don't feel jealous. I grew up with a brother only 18 months younger and HATED IT! I also have a girl/boy only 2 years apart and feel bad that they won't have that special same sibling bond. I am so, so, so sad to not have a sister, I say this all the time. I get uber jealous when I see sisters and the life long friendships they have and feel bad for my daughter that I didn't give her that.

CEO of my home/SAHM to Baby Bear Girl 6/2008, Baby Bear Boy 7/2010

And we are done.

Happy

Joined 25-Feb-10

Top Poster
9-Oct-10 2:22 pm

Serenity"][quote user="Kermitlvr16"]

[/quote] This exactly! But before having my two boys I always wanted a boy and girl. Now I feel sorry for people with PP because they don't get to experience that brotherly bond I see with my boys. I'm not saying brothers and sisters can't bond but they don't the same two brothers do or two sisters do. This is where I have guilt because if I do have a girl next which I am hoping for she won't have a sister...I really don't want to risk having more and doing the whole boy boy boy etc before she gets a sister so I know she wouldn't. Then if I have a boy I know all my boys can bond together. That's whats hard for me right now[/quote] You shouldnt feel bad for people with a PP. I have one and no my son nor daughter will experience the same sex sibling but my son really really wanted a little sister and never wanted a brother. And the two of them are so sweet together. He wants to be with her all the time and she just adores him and laughs so hard and just lights up like you would not believe when she sees big brother. I think they will have a bond just a good as two brothers or two sisters.
I hope that's how it works out for your kids. I have an older brother by 4 years and we fought all growing up. I love him but we aren't close Sad I've always wanted a sister much like Lynnb says. I'm thinking more in the future not right now...eventually kids get bigger and girls and boys have different interests. I'm sure when they are teenagers they aren't going to be talking together about girls or boys much like they would with a brother or sister...or whatever they are interested in.

Baby Bear Boy9/13/2006 Baby Bear Boy9/10/2008 Baby Bear Girl4/1/2011 Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Joined 11-Jan-09

Top Poster
9-Oct-10 4:01 pm

The selfish me wants a PP so badly i'll admit it. For the kids though I hope I get 2 of the same. I won't have more than 2.

#3 due 7/1/13

Joined 10-Mar-10

Gold

Gold Membership

9-Oct-10 4:07 pm

baci di farfalla:

Yep exactly the same here :) - we just found out that I'm having another girl and i am very very very happy that DD will have a sister Happy  LOL - having said that, had i had a boy first, i would've wanted this one to be a boy too.

Joined 9-Oct-10

9-Oct-10 5:53 pm

No as I only want girls. I get jealous when I see moms with only girls and pity moms with boys. However I do think sister and brother bond can be equally benefical. To implicate otherwise I feel is very narrow-minded. Not all brothers get along etc. To say this would imply sons only bond properly with father and not mother.

Counting my blessings:-)

Joined 15-Dec-09

Top Poster
9-Oct-10 6:01 pm

No, I always wanted 2 boys and 2 girls.

Baby Boy(2/2005)Baby Boy(5/2008)Baby Boy(5/2011) (Dr pressured me into tubal during csectSad Flower)

Joined 9-Dec-08

Top Poster
9-Oct-10 8:10 pm
Kermitlvr16"]

[quote user="Serenity"][quote user="Kermitlvr16"]

[/quote] This exactly! But before having my two boys I always wanted a boy and girl. Now I feel sorry for people with PP because they don't get to experience that brotherly bond I see with my boys. I'm not saying brothers and sisters can't bond but they don't the same two brothers do or two sisters do. This is where I have guilt because if I do have a girl next which I am hoping for she won't have a sister...I really don't want to risk having more and doing the whole boy boy boy etc before she gets a sister so I know she wouldn't. Then if I have a boy I know all my boys can bond together. That's whats hard for me right now[/quote] You shouldnt feel bad for people with a PP. I have one and no my son nor daughter will experience the same sex sibling but my son really really wanted a little sister and never wanted a brother. And the two of them are so sweet together. He wants to be with her all the time and she just adores him and laughs so hard and just lights up like you would not believe when she sees big brother. I think they will have a bond just a good as two brothers or two sisters.[/quote] I hope that's how it works out for your kids. I have an older brother by 4 years and we fought all growing up. I love him but we aren't close Sad I've always wanted a sister much like Lynnb says. I'm thinking more in the future not right now...eventually kids get bigger and girls and boys have different interests. I'm sure when they are teenagers they aren't going to be talking together about girls or boys much like they would with a brother or sister...or whatever they are interested in.
Oh I know same gendered siblings are very close. I have one sister and it s just the two of us and she truly is my best friend. We are 3 years apart and as kids we nearly killed each other and same with the teen years. But by the time we were older we were as close as can be. My dh only has a sister and they are very close too and we do things with her several times a week and they have always been very very close and never even fought as kids. All I was meaning was dont feel bad for PP families because lots of us are happy and it might make people who wanted two boys or two girls feel sad what they will never experience. I am very happy with a boy/girl family but lots of others are not.

DS- Trevor 11/24/05

DD - Kathryn 5/7/2010 at 37+5 weeks!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Page: of 3