Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Belly pooch.

Joined 31-Jul-08

Top Poster
6-Oct-10 11:01 pm

Is it really possible to get rid of that belly pooch post-baby?  Granted I still have some weight to lose, but nearly a year later I still look 4 months pregnant when I don't conciously suck in.  So if I work really hard at losing weight and toning my tummy is it even possible?  (I need motivation, here!  Stick out tongue)

Baby Boy - 2006, Baby GirlBaby Girl  - 2009

Joined 7-Aug-10

Top Poster
6-Oct-10 11:18 pm

I think it's very possible! Though you may have to work your ass off LOL! Lots of exercise and eating right will do it. After having my DS I worked out twice a day, went for lots of walks and followed a diet. Only until I was satisfied did i start eating what i wanted lol. I was getting married too so that motivated me more to fit into my dress. GL! I have faith in you! Hearts

Waiting For My Princess

Joined 16-Feb-09

Top Poster
7-Oct-10 12:12 am
Well it depends on if it is belly fat or stretched skin I have met with a cosmetic surgeon actually a few for second opinions because I have a little ponch and it is not fat so he says a lot of the time a tummy tuck Is then required.I'm sure you look gorgeouse hunny.
((Heartbroken04))((Baby Bear Boy9))((Baby Bear Boy6))((Baby Bear Boy5))((Baby Bear Boy3))

IVF//PGD at Irega January 2015 for our Princess!!!!

Joined 9-Dec-08

Top Poster
7-Oct-10 12:15 am
Did you have a csection with the twins? I did with DD and my tummy has a pooch that will not go away. If its a csection sometimes its nearly impossible to fix it without surgery.

DS- Trevor 11/24/05

DD - Kathryn 5/7/2010 at 37+5 weeks!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Joined 31-Jul-08

Top Poster
7-Oct-10 12:14 pm

UGH!  That's exactly what I'm afraid of!  Yes, it was a c section.  Why couldn't they just tuck it while I was having the c section, lol!  I can't tell if it's loose skin yet as I still have about 10 more pounds to lose, but that may very well be part of it.  I didn't get that big for a twin pregnancy, though, I was measuring *only* 40 weeks for a singleton when I delivered.

Bazinga!!!!!

Joined 19-Jul-07

Top Poster
8-Nov-10 4:57 pm

I have NEVER had a flat stomach and have wishing to do so someday. I think surgery might be my only way to achieve it.

Joined 26-Feb-10

Top Poster
8-Nov-10 6:46 pm
Do you have separated abs? That's often what causes the pooch (if it isn't extra skin), and doing crunches can actually make it worse. There are ab excercises that can make it A LOT better. The key is to work your transverse abs. Your transverse abs are like a belt around your waist, so concentrating on them will really help to tighten everything back up and make your waist look more narrow.

Denise

Joined 1-May-10

Top Poster
8-Nov-10 8:48 pm
 In my experience after having 3 boys, pilate abs worked the best for me. My stomach actually looked better than before I had kids cause I could actually see muscle. Gotta have a good diet though. I kept a food journal on my Ipod and its also online. Its called Lose It..

I HAVE Baby Boy, Baby Boy, Baby Boy AND  A BABY  Baby Girl.. OUR FAMILY IS  COMPLETE SO NOOOO MORE, LOL:)

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

8-Nov-10 8:54 pm

4 pg+ 3 living babies+ work out every day kicking my butt and abbs= no belly pooch Happy  LOL

ddddds
My IG Blog.................... 7 Sway Factors: Diet, pH, Minerals, Hormones,
Swaying E-book .............................Ions, Supplements and Timing
...........................................................They are all linked together
Other diets:

Joined 31-Jul-08

Top Poster
8-Nov-10 11:00 pm

OOH, can you all tell me more about these ab exercises?  And how do you tell if they are separated?

Joined 26-Feb-10

Top Poster
11-Nov-10 9:23 am
To tell if they are separated, lie on your back, put the tips of your fingers right above your belly button, and lift your upper body up a little bit (like you are doing a small crunch). I'm not sure exactly haw many fingers the space has to be to technically considered severe, but if you can fit two fingers in between you have a pretty good separation. Also, even if you can't even fit a finger but can still feel a space (this was me after DS2), the excercises will still help.

The Tuppler Technique works the transverse abs, and you can buy the book and/or DVD online. Also, there are a couple really good videos online that can show you the basics. Most of the excercises I used are shown in the video link below. I don't have a space at all anymore, and the excercises aren't hard at all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lpv6dfGLq8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Joined 15-Mar-07

Top Poster
13-Nov-10 9:12 pm

forbiddendonut:
, I was measuring *only* 40 weeks for a singleton when I delivered

Wow ! How lucky, I remember I was measuring 26 weeks at 15 weeks, and was measuring 40 weeks at 25 weeks!! Mine were also delivered c-section.Needless to say I also have a decent ponch, or apron as the doctors like to call it. Sorry I don't have any advice on reducing it, but I think it can only be reduced so much with diet. I also fear that surgery is the going to be the only successful way for getting rid of it! Sorry I don't have any useful advice! GL !

Baby Boy+Baby Boy 2003, Baby Boy 2008 and our first pinky ariived in June! Baby Girl Hearts

Four times lucky and we are (probably Confused Huh?) done !

Thanks to all the lovely IG ladies and leaders for your support and advice over the years! Happy Celebrate

Link to my sway : http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/236361.aspx

Joined 31-Jul-08

Top Poster
15-Nov-10 11:28 pm

My abs are separated!  I did what you said Hopingandpraying and the space is about 1 fingers' worth.  What does that mean?  Is it correctable with the excersises?  Or does that mean it will always be somewhat separated even if the excersises help?  GRRR, why does this cause a belly pooch exactly?  This stinks, I'm so upset.

Joined 7-Jul-06

Top Poster
29-Nov-10 8:20 am

Serenity:
Did you have a csection with the twins? I did with DD and my tummy has a pooch that will not go away. If its a csection sometimes its nearly impossible to fix it without surgery.

This is true.  I had a c-section with #1, and I ended up having the incision reopened and some fat removed and then the incision sewed back to get rid of some of the pouch.  I knew that I was going to have more kids so I did not do a tummy tuck but I had to do something because it bothered me so much.  I looked like I had a tight belt on with this tummy protruding out.

With #2, I had another c-section and I lost the weight and my stomach looked similar to how it looked after the sugery with #1.

With #3, I had a vbac and I still have 15 pounds to loose but I think the surgery stood in place.

Good luck to you.

Baby Girl 1-03 Baby Girl 12-06 Baby Bear Girl 5-10 - VBA2C

Joined 16-Dec-05

5-Dec-10 2:03 pm

I just ordered the tuppler techique kit.  My abs are 4 fingers separated (anything over 1 is not good).  I still look pregnant.  I had 4 kids, but it wasn't until this last one that my body went to crap.  I sure hope it works somewhat...although I know I have a lot of skin too.  I so wish that insurance would pay to fix this!!

forbiddendonut:

My abs are separated!  I did what you said Hopingandpraying and the space is about 1 fingers' worth.  What does that mean?  Is it correctable with the excersises?  Or does that mean it will always be somewhat separated even if the excersises help?  GRRR, why does this cause a belly pooch exactly?  This stinks, I'm so upset.

I don't think you have too much to worry about....but I am sure it would be fixed with the exercize program.  If you don't want the whole kit....you can order her book off of amazon for about $10. 

--Stephanie

Baby Boy-10; Baby Boy-7; MS/IUI January 2004 - BFN; Baby Boy-4 (swayed for girl, blessed with boy); MS/IVF/PGD October 2007 - no normal female embryos to transfer; oops Baby Girl born September 2008 (no swaying)

Page: of 1