Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Bed wetting??

Joined 20-Sep-07

Top Poster
5-Oct-10 4:58 pm

DS2 is 6.. WIll be 7 in like 4 months.. He has always wet the bed at night and an occasional day accident.. About 10 months ago he stopped finally. I was sooooo happy! He done so great for months. But he started gradually declining again about 6 months ago and now he's right back to an accident EVERY night if I don't wake him about 2 am. to make him potty. I took him to the dr. today and they have set him up an appointment for a kidney/bladder ultra sound and a consult with a pediatric urologist. He said that the urologist will mostly likely want to do a cath if there is concern. That means going up his pee-pee.. I asked about anestestia (sp??) and our family dr. said they don't do much and it's pretty painful. I really don't want to go through all that if it's un necesarry. DH said he remember wetting the bed for a long time. DS1 is from a previous marriage and had no issues with this. I'm just hoping he stops soon. It's so hard on the lil fellow and it's constant laundry. I was hoping that by the time we have #3, he'll be over this. Any input ladies?  He also has an episode about every couple months where he has to urinate every 15 minutes for a couple hours. Like an infection with no infection. He also holds his urine too long. I usually see him squirming while playing and make him go. I know a lot of kids do this though, but still worries me.

Baby Bear Boy DS1- age 12    Baby Bear Boy DS2- age 8    Baby Bear Girl DD-age 1         

Thank you God for all my blessings.....Hearts

Joined 4-Apr-09

Top Poster
5-Oct-10 5:07 pm

I know bed wetting can be hereditary so he might just have to outgrow it.

Also holding urine to play or 'cause he doesn't want to go will actually weaken his bladder and make it worse.  Set a timer during the day and make him go every two hours.

As a last resort I would put him in a pull up at night.  

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby Boy

Joined 20-Sep-07

Top Poster
5-Oct-10 5:14 pm

Thanks iceblink. I think I will start the timer thing through the day. As far as the pullups, I have tried my bestest to not resort to that. I once heard pullups were like never hitting the floor if you fell out of bed. They said if you never hit the floor, you'd never learn to stay on the bed and thus never learn... Same with pullups. If you never got wet, you'd never learn to go potty.. But he has DEF. got wet enough to learn.. Stick out tongue His lil' bladder must not be mature enough is all I know. I can't think of any added stress with this though. That's what is so mind boggling.

Baby Bear Boy DS1- age 12    Baby Bear Boy DS2- age 8    Baby Bear Girl DD-age 1         

Joined 4-Apr-09

Top Poster
5-Oct-10 5:17 pm

soooblessed:
His lil' bladder must not be mature enough is all I know

Yes, that could definitely be the problem. I wouldn't do the catheter thing just yet either.  I had to have that done when I was little because I had a bladder infection and I still remember it hurt like hell.

The pullup idea is for YOUR sanity. Stick out tongue  I know it won't help fix his problem. But getting up at 3 am to change and wash sheets & pajamas (as well as a bath) night after night is NOT fun.

Good luck!!

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby Boy

Tracey

Joined 29-Jul-10

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

5-Oct-10 5:23 pm

soooblessed:
DH said he remember wetting the bed for a long time

I peed the bed til I was 10...so did dh and I have to get my boys out of bed about 12am to go pee pee or they almost always pee the bed. I'm not saying it's normal, I am saying that neither me nor dh pee the bed now Happy Giggle and that it's something that your DS2 will just have to grow out of and I think personally the cath thing is a bit hastey and prob not necessary. Dont worry about him holding in his pee...boys are so silly..they do this because they think it's too much "bother" to go.

I have the laundry problem too, I know they will grow out of it....it may be connected to anxiety and it's a double edged sword because if you make a big thing of it he will most like pee more...I kno I did. I got beatings for peeing the bed. I would be given no fluids from afternoon onwards and sent to bed thirsty...only to wake up wet Sad.

So I just praise the boys if they are dry the whole night and say nothing if they wet the bed...I just change the bed, cuddles and put them straight back off to sleep.

Dont worry about it hun Happy

'05 '07 '09, our sway  due June 19th By c-section!!! A sister for our boys!! 

, Baby Ellise arrived safely on the 19th, after 4 and a half years of planning and Ingender research we have our girl!!!!!!!
Thank you Ingender, forever grateful to you. Xxxxxx

Joined 20-Sep-07

Top Poster
5-Oct-10 5:42 pm

thanks iceblink. I am afriad the procedure is gonna be way too hard on him right now, but I was afraid to shoot the suggestion down after I came to the dr. for help. YKWIM?   I think I may take him tomorrow for the ultrasounds and if that's normal, cancel the cath for now. My DS1 changed his behavior totally when DS2 came along as far as being more mature. I don't really know why, but maybe DS2 will do this if I have #3 in the near future.. Good Luck Clover

Wishing On A Star~ thank you so much for your words... I really needed that encouragement right now.. I guess I'll just set my alarm everynight and try that for a while longer. Maybe all he needs is some TLC and time......   I'm sorry you had to go through all that. I see how hard this all is on DS with me trying to put on an "it's o.k." face, but I know he sees how tired I am at times. I'll try even harder though! I sure love him and don't ever want him to feel like it's his fault. Thanks again.. I'm holdin' off on the cath for now.

Tracey

Joined 29-Jul-10

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

5-Oct-10 5:51 pm

soooblessed:
thank you so much for your words...

It's tough being a mum/mom...hang in there. I have to go up now this minute and wake both boys up here and make them pee as it is 12midnight now in Ireland and I am away to my bed. take care Happy Wink x

'05 '07 '09, our sway  due June 19th By c-section!!! A sister for our boys!! 

, Baby Ellise arrived safely on the 19th, after 4 and a half years of planning and Ingender research we have our girl!!!!!!!
Thank you Ingender, forever grateful to you. Xxxxxx

Joined 23-Oct-07

Top Poster
17-Dec-10 12:32 am
ny 8 year old still wets almost every night. we wake him up and he just still doesn't work. he just wears a goodnite to bed and we normally still have to wash the sheets. they do outgrow it though so i keep holding onto that :)
DS 10 ? DS 8 ? DD 7 ? DS 5 ? DS 3 C-Section #6 **IT'S A GIRL!!** Diagnosed with Placenta Previa & Percreta :( ~Chloe Paige~ born @ 32 weeks 10/29/12!!

Waiting For My Princess

Joined 16-Feb-09

Top Poster
17-Dec-10 1:56 am
My ds is close to six and wears those goodnight boxers they work great and they look just like underwear seven is still young to be worrying about wetting the bed so spare your sanity and just put one on him it's so much easier for all they are really absorbent too so if he stays dry awesome but if not then oh well his bed won't be wet and he will not be embarrased I don't think that procedure should be done too ouchy for the Lil guy if he's ten and still wetting then maybe best of luck with whatever you decide :)
((Heartbroken04))((Baby Bear Boy9))((Baby Bear Boy6))((Baby Bear Boy5))((Baby Bear Boy3))

IVF//PGD at Irega January 2015 for our Princess!!!!

Page: of 1