Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Curves

Joined 7-Jul-09

Top Poster
12-Sep-10 6:51 am

Has anyone here gone to curves and lost weight. I figured being a stay at home mum and no one to look after the kids for a few while i go to a gym i was thinking of joining Curves. I just want to know that i wont be wasting a membership on a program me that wont work IYKWIM. I really want to start a workout and i know that i have tried a gym before and was an epic fail for me. I have to do something if i am to try and conceive again.

Smart is the new hot

Joined 27-Dec-09

Top Poster
12-Sep-10 7:02 am
I went for a month on a free membership and unless it has significantly changed I think it would be a huge waste of money. The cardio isn't intense enough and the weights aren't heavy enough. You would be better served walking/running and subscribing to Oxygen magazine and following their free weight workouts.

Taking an IG break

My best wishes to all TTC and congrats to all that get their babies

Joined 18-Jul-06

Top Poster
12-Sep-10 7:05 am

I've joined curves before and even though I enjoyed going I gave up. I gave up because here you are not allowed to bring your kids. Which I must say is stupid!! It just got too hard trying to get someone to watch my kids so I stopped going. I've been thinking about joining another gym that has a child minding room but I'm still thinking about it. I really should as it might help with the IVF. I also won't go anywhere that I must pay direct debit, I like cashHappy Wink 

Joined 7-Jul-09

Top Poster
12-Sep-10 7:13 am

Thanks for your replies ladies. I have really wanted to do something, I guess i am fortunate to have a DP with a nice work schedule and he can look after the kids in the mornings while i whip to curves and come back in time for him to go to work. I just really dont have the finances to attend a gym and the all women gyms have ridiculous membership fees. I also would just love the me time awa from the kids too hahahahahaha.

Sara

Joined 3-May-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

12-Sep-10 7:21 am

Oh, I lost tons of inches at Curves and weight. I loved going!! I honestly forget WHY I stopped.

Previously FiveHappyChildren

Sara ~~ Proud mommy toBaby Boy01 Baby Boy04 Baby Boy05 Baby Boy07 Baby Girl09

Steve (DH ) and our Baby GirlAbigail 09-18-13!

Our family is complete!

Smart is the new hot

Joined 27-Dec-09

Top Poster
12-Sep-10 7:23 am
At fancy gyms you are paying extra for marketing and pointless machines. Try to find a bodybuilders gym -- the kind where police, firefighters and military personnel work out. No fancy flat screens and posh locker rooms, just concrete floors and lots of weights. Their fees are generally waaaaay lower. Plus you will get the BEST workout when you train with guys. In my experience if you want results, train with men.

Taking an IG break

My best wishes to all TTC and congrats to all that get their babies

Joined 18-Jul-06

Top Poster
12-Sep-10 7:25 am

Odyssey:
i am fortunate to have a DP with a nice work schedule and he can look after the kids in the mornings while i whip to curves and come back in time for him to go to work

That is excellent Odyssey! When I went it did work for me, I lost weight. BUT my problem is not watching what I put in my mouthDoh! I love love loooove junk foodEmbarrassed Naughty I know. Do you know how much curves are charging per month now? When I went it was $59 per month. Is it still the same?

Sara

Joined 3-May-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

12-Sep-10 7:28 am

I believe I only paid 30$/month! Yikes!

I have a problem watching my junk food intake as well.

Before most of my workouts..I am terrible and eat a big plate of tasty nachos.

Somedays, I eat after the workout..something like a cheeseburger. LOL

Our family is complete!

Joined 7-Jul-09

Top Poster
12-Sep-10 7:33 am

3ForMe"]

[quote user="Odyssey:

i am fortunate to have a DP with a nice work schedule and he can look after the kids in the mornings while i whip to curves and come back in time for him to go to work[/quote]

That is excellent Odyssey! When I went it did work for me, I lost weight. BUT my problem is not watching what I put in my mouthDoh! I love love loooove junk foodEmbarrassed Naughty I know. Do you know how much curves are charging per month now? When I went it was $59 per month. Is it still the same?

Embarrassed  me too. I could hoover my way through a bowl of chips or a piece of cake... damn it a whole cake. hahahahahahaha. My DP works in a library so i have had him bringing me home diet books. I will definitely need to watch what i eat... Oh if i could get a whole meal in a pill i would. hahahaha.

I am not sure what they charge. I know that some women have said $50 something so i am assuming they are still the same price. I just like that you have trainers there. I had a horrid experience at a Gym. I got a PT for a few weeks and on my first... yes my FIRST day he shoved me on a treadmill and walked of and chatted the hot barbie on the cross trainer at the other side of the room... helped her with weights and all and left me to sweat it out with no clue. I am so scared that I'll be rejected again Sad

Joined 18-Jul-06

Top Poster
12-Sep-10 7:37 am

FiveHappyChildren"]

[/quote]If it was $30 here, I go back tomorrow!! WOWSurprise $30!!

[quote user="FiveHappyChildren:

LMAO Sara!!! I'm the same. Hmmmm I love cheese burgers SO much!! & nachos, oh man I'm getting hungry nowHappy ROFL

Joined 7-Jul-09

Top Poster
12-Sep-10 7:38 am

FiveHappyChildren:

Happy ROFL  Me and a GF used to go to a gym too and after we would walk across the road to get Macca's..... Our excuse was our heart rates are still up so we should still burn the fat off after the workout hahahahahahahaha.... oh what a lie we told ourselves

Joined 18-Jul-06

Top Poster
12-Sep-10 7:54 am

Odyssey"]Embarrassed  me too. I could hoover my way through a bowl of chips or a piece of cake... damn it a whole cake. hahahahahahaha. [/quote]Happy LMAOMe too!! Or an entire large pizzaEmbarrassed I went to the bakery yesterday to get a chunky steak pie and then thought oh I better get twoDoh! I'm hopeless, just can't help myself. In my defence it is the BEST meat pie in Australia, well I think so. Seriously delicious!! They need to win an award or something. OMG I'm making myself so damn hungry nowHappy ROFL Gawd I love food!!

[quote user="Odyssey:

I got a PT for a few weeks and on my first... yes my FIRST day he shoved me on a treadmill and walked of and chatted the hot barbie on the cross trainer at the other side of the room... helped her with weights and all and left me to sweat it out with no clue. I am so scared that I'll be rejected again Sad

O.M.GMad Furious That make me so angry!! I would want to see the manager and complain! What an a#&hole. I wouldn't want to go to a normal gym after that experience either. Curves is not like that Odyssey. It is a very comfortable environment with all womenAgree

Joined 7-Jul-09

Top Poster
12-Sep-10 8:16 am

3ForMe:
O.M.GMad Furious That make me so angry!! I would want to see the manager and complain! What an a#&hole. I wouldn't want to go to a normal gym after that experience either. Curves is not like that Odyssey. It is a very comfortable environment with all womenAgree

I got my dad to go down and cancel my membership they told him to pay the $300 out to cancel but he said that i felt pressured to sign and what happened with the PT and they said they will take $100 and thats it... we paid the $100 and i never went back. I did eventually go back to the gym and worked out with my Brother and a friend but then I moved and couldn't pluck up the courage to go back to a gym. But now i am over trying to find at home ways to lose weight i figured i need some motivation Happy  LOL

Joined 18-Jul-06

Top Poster
12-Sep-10 8:34 am

Odyssey"] cancel my membership they told him to pay the $300 out to cancel but he said that i felt pressured to sign and what happened with the PT and they said they will take $100 and thats it[/quote]

That is ridiculous! You should not have had to pay anything.

[quote user="Odyssey:

But now i am over trying to find at home ways to lose weight i figured i need some motivation Happy  LOL

Yes I have been trying on my own too but it's just not happening. The past week I have been thinking about joining a gym but I will not pay by credit card or be on a contract. I will only pay as I go. I have found a gym where I can pay $100 and I get 10 sessions so I'm thinking about it. It's a real shame curves is not $30 here, that would be awesome!

Sara

Joined 3-May-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

12-Sep-10 8:37 am

Do they have an Anytime Fitness out where you are? I believe their is no contract with that gym.

Our family is complete!

Page: of 2