Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

HRC Travel Info

Joined 15-Feb-10

31-Aug-10 6:37 pm

I have a couple of questions for those of you who have cycled at HRC....

1.  Did your ER date change at all?  How far in advance did you book your plane tickets?  I am wondering if I just padded my trip with a few days on each side if I would be safe. 

2.  For those of you who did monitoring at HRC, were your appointments always early in the morning.  I am planning to stay in LA for all of my monitoring and some of that time I will be by myself with two of my boys.  We have found a fantastic drop in childcare center, but they don't open until 8:30.  Did any of you have monitoring appointments after that time?

Any information you can provide is appreciated!

Baby Boy 2006 Baby Boy 2008 Baby Boy 2010 IVF/GSN Baby Girl due October 2011

Full House

Joined 5-Jul-07

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

31-Aug-10 7:36 pm

Jen8220"]Did your ER date change at all?  How far in advance did you book your plane tickets?  I am wondering if I just padded my trip with a few days on each side if I would be safe.  [/quote]

My dates did not change either cycle. I booked my flights 2-3 mos in advance. Padding a day or two is a great idea. I gave myself an extra day the 2nd cycle, but did not need it. Others have flown home with just a day of bedrest.

[quote user="Jen8220:

For those of you who did monitoring at HRC, were your appointments always early in the morning.  I am planning to stay in LA for all of my monitoring and some of that time I will be by myself with two of my boys.  We have found a fantastic drop in childcare center, but they don't open until 8:30.  Did any of you have monitoring appointments after that time?

Mine were always about 930. I am sure you can ask Lori for later morning appts. Unless your dh can be in waiting room, I probably would not bring kids to my appt, as the rooms are a little tight, and having your boys watch you have a transvag may be interesting. The daycare idea sounds fabulous!

GL!

A lot of great kids, and a full time job mean very little time to play! Miss you all!!
Thank you In-Gender and Maureen for giving me a place to dream, and the tools to chase those dreams<3

Joined 15-Feb-10

31-Aug-10 8:06 pm

Thank you so much!  That is exactly the information I needed!  I definitely won't be bringing my boys to my ultrasounds.  My 4 year old asks enough questions as it is Happy Wink  We have found a great center with drop in childcare that should work as long as my appointment is after 9 AM.  I appreciate your help!

Joined 13-Jan-09

Top Poster
31-Aug-10 8:31 pm

Jen8220"]1.  Did your ER date change at all?  How far in advance did you book your plane tickets?  I am wondering if I just padded my trip with a few days on each side if I would be safe.  [/quote] Yes.  I was a slowish responder to the stims so they wanted to stim me one extra day.  So my ER and ET days were delayed by 1 day.  All it meant for me is that I didn't get 2 days of bedrest as I had planned.  We flew home the day after ET.  Like CC, we booked our flights several months in advance.[quote user="Jen8220:
2.  For those of you who did monitoring at HRC, were your appointments always early in the morning.  I am planning to stay in LA for all of my monitoring and some of that time I will be by myself with two of my boys.  We have found a fantastic drop in childcare center, but they don't open until 8:30.  Did any of you have monitoring appointments after that time?
That's great you found a drop in place! I wish I had known about that when I was out there!  I only had one monitoring appt, but it was after 9am.  Shouldn't be a problem I'd think.

Good luck!

Baby Boy  Baby Boy who I absolutely adore, and now Baby Girl is here!

My acronyms: MS/IVF/GSN SET OHW @ HRC /  BFP @ 5dp5dt / Beta 225 @ 12dp5dt / Beta 1171 @ 16dp5dt.

My blog:  http://www.ingender.com/cs/forums/p/216355/2061201.aspx#2061201

Joined 18-Apr-07

Top Poster
1-Sep-10 9:54 pm

Jen8220:

I have a couple of questions for those of you who have cycled at HRC....

1.  Did your ER date change at all?  How far in advance did you book your plane tickets?  I am wondering if I just padded my trip with a few days on each side if I would be safe. 

Any information you can provide is appreciated!

#1:  YES... and I was worried about this so I went early. Good thing I had DH go two days early. I had ER TWO days earlier then planned... yes, two days. I responded "too well" to the protocol.

#2:  Did not do monitoring at HRC.

Baby Boy Baby Boy Baby Boy Baby Boy Baby Girl
MS/PGD/IVF @ HRC with Dr. Potter = 1 beautiful baby girl!!!!

Joined 14-Nov-09

Top Poster
2-Sep-10 1:07 am
My dates turned out to be exactly those I was sent by Lori a couple of months before. Saying that I probably should have been stimmed an extra day or two. I think padding your holiday by a couple of days is a great idea, and it is a beautiful area for a holiday. All my appoitments were after 8:30 - more like 10:30 but Dr Potter was very busy when I was there. I had my last monitoring appointment at HRC (essential in my opinion as if anything goes wrong with your cycle, like mine, it will be blambed on the clinic that did the monitoring- but by having your last monitioring appointment at HRC, they will be fully responsible for the trigger decison).

Baby Boy5 Baby Boy3 HT Baby Girlnew!

Cycle 1 IVF/PGD in Europe Feb10 Fresh SET-Chemical Preg, May10 FET-BFN

Cycle 2 IVF/PGD in US with Dr P - Aug10 SET BFP Baby Girl

Joined 15-Feb-10

2-Sep-10 7:54 am

That is very interesting, I didn't know that they could move up your ER date.  I thought they only delayed it.  I will definitely keep this in mind when we book our flights!  Thank you for the information!

Joined 21-Mar-08

Top Poster
2-Sep-10 10:26 am

DreamingMaybeOneDay:
My dates turned out to be exactly those I was sent by Lori a couple of months before.

Ditto for me.  I had 2 monitoring appts in CA.  One was at the LA branch and the other was at Laguna branch.  I can't remember my times for the appts, but they will work with you.

Completely in love with my amazing Baby BoyBaby Boy

MS/GSN/IVF OHW Twin Baby GirlBaby Girl Thanks to Dr. Potter! 

Jodi

Joined 17-Mar-09

Top Poster
3-Sep-10 2:31 am

Mine was delayed a day as well but I added extra days so I could get my 3 days bed rest.

I monitored in Australia but like the other did the last 2 at HRC.

Baby Boy16 Baby Boy13 Baby Boy12Baby Boy12 Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby Boy 1  Baby GirlDue 7th May 2010 OHW

Page: of 1