Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

joovy ultralight or baby trends lx??

Babydust292

Joined 22-Oct-08

Top Poster
30-Aug-10 8:16 pm

I'm going to the store to look at both in a week, but I wanted to see if anyone had experience with these strollers.  I have a 2.5 year old little boy and a DD on the way, due in Nov.  He doesn't like to sit in a stroller at stores or anywhere, except for on walks.  Also, he never ever sleeps in the stroller anymore.  So, I think a sit and stand would be perfect for us.

I"m trying to decide between the joovy ultralight or the baby trends Lx.  We looked at the baby trends in the store and loved it, so did my Ds! :)  They didn't have the joovy to try out though, so we have to go to another store that carries it next week.  Anyway, from what it seems, the joovy defintely looks cooler, is more compact, and is a bit lighter, which I really like.  But my Ds is definitely broad (not tall, he's average height so far) just not a skinny little thing by any means kwim?  So I'm afraid the joovy won't be comfortable for him.  It seems that the baby trends Lx is a bit roomier for him...but we haven't been able to try out the joovy in person yet.

Any advice or experience really appreciated!! thanks :)))

Joined 18-Jul-09

Top Poster
30-Aug-10 10:13 pm
Get the Joovy. I used it for the kids I nanny for and it is the best! Not too big, easy to push and both kids were comfortable. When the baby carrier is in front, the kid in back does lose a little room but that is the only complaint!
baby

Babydust292

Joined 22-Oct-08

Top Poster
31-Aug-10 7:18 am

yeah, I was actually leaning more towards the joovy.  I just need to check it out in person to make sure my Ds will be comfortable, but I like that it is so compact and it is way more popular than the baby trends Lx by a long shot.  I love that it is so compact and light. That's what I'm looking for.  Sure, my Ds might have to hunch over a bit when the car seat is in the front, but I don't think he'll mind much, and he can always just stand up right?  If he stands and the baby carrier is in, will he be able to stand up straight?

thanx again!

Joined 18-Jul-09

Top Poster
1-Sep-10 5:01 pm
Absolutely. When the carrier is in, the front seat has to recline a bit and that cuts into the sitting space but there is plenty of standing room.
baby

Babydust292

Joined 22-Oct-08

Top Poster
2-Sep-10 10:21 am

so we went to the store yesterday to try the joovy out again, and it just isn't for us.  I wanted it to be, but my son is really bulky for his age...he's built like his father...like a football player! haha...he was very uncomfy on it and fell off two times just with the test runs in the store.  I think it depends on the child, but for my Ds, he just needs more room.

We checked out the baby trends double, with the two seats, and that was waaaay to heavy...so we tried him on the baby trends lx (the one with just one seat) and it was great.  He did want to get on and off, but that's the whole point right?  Plus I can fit a baby carrier in the front seat.  It's pretty lightweight also.  Gonna try and find a used one online for even cheaper, then in the spring gonna get a relatively priced jogger so that I can take walks around the block and at the park.  I think those two strollers will fit my needs just fine. 

Thanks for the advice!

Joined 6-Oct-10

16-Nov-10 1:20 pm

Have you tried the new Joovy double?  It puts the infant in the back instead of the front.  Your son might like that one.  I can't remember the name, but I was even thinking about upgrading to this from my Ultralight (that I love).

Baby Girl 2006, Baby Boy 2008, PrayBaby Girl but confirmed Baby Boydue Feb. 2011

Joined 12-Dec-11

13-Dec-11 1:01 am

hi,

i'm suggesting you a better traveller system which i found on searches google after many searches and currently i'm using it for my little angel...and i found it one of the best traveler system for my baby. due to light weight its also comfortablefor the travelling purpose...

thanks,

anglinajolie

Joined 12-Dec-11

13-Dec-11 1:04 am

and the name of that traveller system is Chicco Cortina Travel System...which i have already suggested you...

thanks,

anglinajolie

Page: of 1