Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Morning Sickness

Full House

Joined 5-Jul-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

21-Aug-10 10:14 am

So, how long did yours last, if you had any?

I never had m/s with the other 3 kids, and I am still struggling. I was on 4 Diclectin a day, down to two now, but still gagging even with two pills at 12 wks.

Sigh. Will it end?

A lot of great kids, and a full time job mean very little time to play! Miss you all!!
Thank you In-Gender and Maureen for giving me a place to dream, and the tools to chase those dreams<3

Joined 18-Jul-10

21-Aug-10 10:38 am

Hi mine went about 14 weeks!! had it worst this time (third time!!)

Hope it gets better for you.

If you can have a glance at my pic and see what Gender please.

Good Luck!! xx Charlotte

Pregnancy%20ticker

Had Two More, Now We Have

Joined 26-Aug-08

21-Aug-10 10:44 am
I had morning sickness with all my kids, but with the older two it was nothing compared to my twin pregnancy. With the twins, morning sickness started at 5 weeks continued basically through the whole pregnancy. I did get a two week break somewhere halfway through the pregnancy though. I suffer migraines and during my first two I began having them in the third trimester and with the twins the migraines started at the same time my morning sickness began (5 weeks) and lasted until a few months after I had the babies. I spent many a day in the emergency room over the migraines and morning sickness. I was prescribed pain killers and compazine and reglan for nausea. Oh and a lot of saltines and ginger ale. I hope your morning sickness goes away for you, but it is possible it could last throughout. I've read where a lot of women pregnant with twins will suffer from morning sickness again toward the end of their pregnancies. Lots of luck.
Photobucket

Baby Boy born 6/03 Baby Girl born 11/04 Baby GirlBaby Girl identical twins born 1/09

My Twin Pregnancy Journey @ Pregnant With Twins, Talk About Seeing Double!! Follow the links below for information I learned along the way to becoming a Mother of Twins!! So Your Pregnant With Twins, ultrasound pictures Types of Twins Twin Discounts

Joined 31-Jul-08

Top Poster
21-Aug-10 10:15 pm

I had to take Zofran until I was about 16 weeks.  After that I was still mildly nauseous at times during the day and most mornings, but it was completely bearable after 16 weeks.

Baby Boy - 2006, Baby GirlBaby Girl  - 2009

Tracy

Joined 19-Mar-09

22-Aug-10 2:30 am

Ive never had morning sickness with any of my pregnancies (sorry lol). Mild nauseau for the first few months and thats about it! Heartburn was my biggest complaint and I drank gaviscon straight from the bottle like an alcoholic lol! Hope it calms down for you soon x

Lilypie - (iSEv)

Lilypie 3rd Birthday TickerLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Joined 3-Oct-08

Top Poster
23-Aug-10 9:21 am

So how did you ladies gain weight if you were nauseous all the time?  I can't come close to the 3500 calories a day when my stomach is so sour.

Joined 8-Oct-09

Top Poster
23-Aug-10 9:23 am

Twoboysandcounting:

So how did you ladies gain weight if you were nauseous all the time?  I can't come close to the 3500 calories a day when my stomach is so sour.

eat high fats, like deserts, when you aren't feeling sick. 

m/s was not too bad with the twin pregnancy here

Joined 31-Jul-08

Top Poster
24-Aug-10 10:50 am

Twoboysandcounting:

I got a prescription for Zofran.  I could not eat or drink anything from 4 weeks on until I got it (around 8 weeks).  Between the nausea and gestational diabetes in my 3rd trimester I was lucky to gain 40lbs.

Joined 18-Apr-07

Top Poster
24-Aug-10 5:52 pm
Twoboys - you neeeeddd Zofran, it will change your life. LOL CC - it was like 14 weeks for me, but I ate zofran like it was candy (the meltaway one) and it was fine. Thinking that isn't the drug of choice in Canada though.

KD , Mommy to 2 amazing Baby Boy Baby Boy and precious twin Baby GirlBaby Girl, thanks to Dr. Potter!

Joined 3-Oct-08

Top Poster
24-Aug-10 7:06 pm

Luvmyboys:
Twoboys - you neeeeddd Zofran

I asked about meds to help with the nausea at my appt. yesterday and she wrote me a script for Phenergan.  She said Zofran constipates you (which I already have some issues with).  I haven't filled it yet.  She also said that zofran doesn't make you tired like phenergan, sound right?  It all sounds like a hoot - more problems pooping or more problems staying awake!! 

Full House

Joined 5-Jul-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

24-Aug-10 8:01 pm

I am still on Diclectin, and I will hope like mad that 14wks will be it for me!

I forgot to take my pills at night on Sunday, and Monday morning, I was gagging and wretching all morning. Deee-lightful!

A lot of great kids, and a full time job mean very little time to play! Miss you all!!
Thank you In-Gender and Maureen for giving me a place to dream, and the tools to chase those dreams<3

Joined 31-Jul-08

Top Poster
24-Aug-10 10:32 pm

Twoboysandcounting"]

[quote user="Luvmyboys:

Twoboys - you neeeeddd Zofran[/quote]

I asked about meds to help with the nausea at my appt. yesterday and she wrote me a script for Phenergan.  She said Zofran constipates you (which I already have some issues with).  I haven't filled it yet.  She also said that zofran doesn't make you tired like phenergan, sound right?  It all sounds like a hoot - more problems pooping or more problems staying awake!! 

That's right Phenergan probably works a little better than Zofran, but he drowsiness just wouldn't work for me.  I still had a 2-year-old to take care of.  I never experienced any side effects from the Zofran, though.  You could always up your fiber intake...raisin bran cereal, etc., and juices are good for that too!

Joined 31-Jul-08

Top Poster
24-Aug-10 10:33 pm

I should note that the Zofran didn't work when I got it after my c section.  They gave me Phenergan and it knocked me out but I felt amazing!  (The Duramorph made me SO nauseous).

Joined 18-Apr-07

Top Poster
25-Aug-10 4:14 pm
Twoboysandcounting"]

[quote user="Luvmyboys:

Twoboys - you neeeeddd Zofran[/quote]

I had both. Phenergan knocks me out and it doesn't work quite as well for me. I have an emotional connection with Zofran, if it were a person, I'd leave my husband and marry it. :) It just made me feel human again. Zofran definitely can constipate you, but there are several good options to keep that from happening. The pills I had dissolved under my tongue and worked so fast. Love it. Different things definitely work better for different people though.

KD , Mommy to 2 amazing Baby Boy Baby Boy and precious twin Baby GirlBaby Girl, thanks to Dr. Potter!

Joined 6-Oct-05

28-Aug-10 6:52 am

Your lucky my doctor would not give me anything :( I had m/s for the fist 20 weeks really bad i lost weight but gained it all back and some by the end. Just keep you mind on the prize ladys it's ALL WORTH IT !!!!

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby Boy  Baby GirlBaby Girl MS/IVF/FET 9/22/09 ~   BFP !!!  With TWIN GIRLS!!  born 5/13/10

Page: of 2