Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Who knew this "diet" would be so easy?!

Nichole

Joined 11-Jun-08

Top Poster
10-Aug-10 4:50 pm

I'm eating super low-carb, trying to kick my sugar addiction first of all and lose a tiny bit of weight(what's left of my baby weight). I'm on day three, down 4 pounds and LOVING THIS. Any time I've "dieted" in the past I hated it sooo much.. I love eating all these super fatty foods and losing weight.. eating all the time, whenever I'm hungry!! I even found a website that sells zero carb peanut butter, syrup, fruit spreads, chocolate dip, all salad dressings, marshmellow dip, caramel dip, etc.. omg so exciting! Can't wait to buy it all. Embarrassed

I'm currently cooking one of my FAVOURITE meals, chicken ceasar salad. I found a zero carb ceasar dressing, and everything else I'm putting in it is basically no carbs as well. Bacon, cheese, chicken, lemon juice! Yumm!! I had a delicious wrap for lunch, made with chicken slices, bruscetta and cream cheese wrapped up in a leaf of lettuce! It was actually so good, I loved the crunch to it!

I also made up a super low carb chocolate ice cream for myself to eat when I get hungry later.. 1 cup whipped cream(0 carbs), 1 tsp cocoa powder(2-3 carbs), 2 packs splenda(2 carbs) and 1 beaten egg(1 carb).. split it into two portions so that I can eat one tonight and one tomorrow.. each portion is around 3 carbs ONLY and it tastes soooo good!

I am really loving this!! Even with my food/sugar addiction, everything I'm eating is so yummy. I'm even partying with family in a few weeks but not worried, because I'm bringing beef jerky and pork rinds(both 0 carbs)! I still get my caffeine every day from diet pepsi, and it hasn't stalled my weight loss so far. 

I recommend this to anyone who loves fatty foods... if anyone else wants to start, and needs tips/recipes, let me know! I have discovered some really yummy stuff already!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Joined 20-Oct-05

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

10-Aug-10 9:09 pm

I love a low carb diet too!!  I'm glad that it's working for you.  My DH had his cholesterol go down after doing low carb as well.

I feel so much better eating no carbs/sugars.  I have much more energy and feel less bloated.

I LOVE the Bryers Carb Smart ice cream bars.  They are fudgy and fluffy.  I'll have to try your recipe too.

Keep up the good work.

Joined 20-Oct-05

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

10-Aug-10 9:11 pm

Also, I keep the Atkin's shakes on hand in case I'm in a rush and don't have time to make a meal.

Overall, low carb pretty much eliminates processed foods out of my diet as well.  Except for salad dressings and my Carb Smart ice cream.

Nichole

Joined 11-Jun-08

Top Poster
10-Aug-10 9:49 pm

Southernbelle:

I love a low carb diet too!!  I'm glad that it's working for you.  My DH had his cholesterol go down after doing low carb as well.

I feel so much better eating no carbs/sugars.  I have much more energy and feel less bloated.

I LOVE the Bryers Carb Smart ice cream bars.  They are fudgy and fluffy.  I'll have to try your recipe too.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks! I got a sudden burst of energy tonight, after being a bit low energy the last three days. I think that means it's working, but it's sort of annoying my energy would start up when I should be sleeping! Ah well, if I can't sleep I can always submit some extra work and be productive with my energy.

The ice cream I made tonight was absolutely amazing. Really rich and creamy, it made me feel like I was breaking my diet just by eating it! 

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

10-Aug-10 10:06 pm

I LOVE low carb!  Its basically what the diabetes diet I follow is

Joined 20-Oct-05

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

11-Aug-10 6:58 am

I have a friend who has complained for the last two years that she can't seem to lose her last 10 pounds post baby.  She refuses to try a low carb diet.   I don't get it.  She could easily lose her weight in a month on a low carb plan.

Nichole

Joined 11-Jun-08

Top Poster
11-Aug-10 7:32 am

Southernbelle:

I have a friend who has complained for the last two years that she can't seem to lose her last 10 pounds post baby.  She refuses to try a low carb diet.   I don't get it.  She could easily lose her weight in a month on a low carb plan.

I agree! In four days I've already lost five pounds of my last ten pounds!! I'm super excited about it... not to mention the sickness/dizziness I felt the last couple days is GONE and I'm ready to start working out again! I took some progress pics(I know, super early) and I can see a huge difference already.

I think this may just be the one thing that really works for me.. for a LONG time!

me if you can!

Joined 9-Aug-09

Top Poster
11-Aug-10 7:34 am
Mmmm! All the stuff you've made sounds awesome!!! I need to kick my sugar habit also, maybe I'll give it a try!

Heartbroken - 8.5 weeks 2006, Baby Boy - 2007, Baby Boy - 2012 2+ years of TTC, but you were worth the wait!

Nichole

Joined 11-Jun-08

Top Poster
11-Aug-10 8:04 am

Catch!:
Mmmm! All the stuff you've made sounds awesome!!! I need to kick my sugar habit also, maybe I'll give it a try!

I really recommend it, but definitely stock up on safe foods and throw out as many of the unhealthy carbs as you can! I held onto some brown rice, cheerios, apple juice and arrow root cookies to feed Xander with his meals so he's not eating low carb. I've started with eating 20 grams or less of carbs a day, all from vegetables.. no fruit or grains right now.

Here's an example of safe foods I have in my kitchen now:

• Heavy whipping cream(0 carbs)
  • All kinds of meat, including slices.. just check that they have 0 carbs
  • Cheddar cheese and cream cheese(both 0 carbs)
  • Salsa(1 carb per serving)
  • Large eggs(1 carb each)
  • All kinds of leafy greens, I have spinach, romaine and iceberg lettuce, bok choy (3-4 carbs per serving)
  • Unsweetened almond milk(2 carbs per cup)
  • Stevia and Splenda to sweeten things(stevia=0 carbs, splenda=1 carb per packet)
  • Sugar free jello and sugar free koolaid for my sweet cravings(0 carbs)
  • Olive oil and butter(0 carbs)
  • Look for sauces with no sugar in the ingredients, I managed to find things like sugarless ceasar dressing, banana ketchup(2 carbs per serving), mustard(0 carbs), mayonaisse(0-1 carbs per serving), lemon/lime juice(0 carbs)
  • Shirataki noodles(about 4 carbs per serving)
  • Light coconut milk(0-2 carbs per serving)
  • Unsweetened cocoa powder(2-4 carbs per serving)
  • Olives(0 carbs if no sugar added)
When you buy groceries, check not just the nutritional facts on everything but make sure there is no sugar/corn syrup/etc in the ingredients. Sucralose and stevia are fine. I can still consume aspartame products, but they apparently stall weight loss in some people.

And check out Walden Farms!! They make every sauce/fruit spread and chocolate/caramel/marshmellow spreads all with no sugar and zero carbs!! They even have chocolate and fruit SYRUPS, pancake syrup(for when you start eating more carbs and use a low carb pancake mix).. They have zero carb peanut butter! I'm really excited to order from them and have so many tasty treats with absolutely no carbs! I figure when I start eating fruit again late next week, I can dip my fruit in the chocolate or caramel dip for a healthy snack that feels like cheating!!

Oh, and they also sell carb free marinara, alfredo, BBQ sauces, ketchup, seafood sauce.. so basically all of the tasty sauces that I used to LOAD my meals with.. I'll be able to use once again with absolutely NO bad results!

The Low Carb Grocery - Canadian Shopping Site

Nichole

Joined 11-Jun-08

Top Poster
11-Aug-10 8:17 am

Oh, I forgot to mention.. I also found some sugar free alcohol mixers so that I can still have some me time with family a couple times a month. Embarrassed Sour apple martini, mai tai, pina colada... Yummm! Just mix with vodka/rum/whatever as most alcohol has no carbs! Embarrassed

Nichole

Joined 11-Jun-08

Top Poster
11-Aug-10 8:37 am

Oooh and one more thing.. thought I could add in a progress pic from only four days of low-carbing.. to help convince some of you ladies to join me!! The first pic was taken on Sunday.. the second pic is today! Five pounds down!

me if you can!

Joined 9-Aug-09

Top Poster
11-Aug-10 8:42 am

WOW!! That's mazing in only a few days!  You look great!

Thanks for the food list, that's very helpful.  I think DH might like that too, he's been doing a bit of a diet the past few months, he's already lost 20lbs, but this might help him to lose the last 5lbs or so.  And of course, maybe I can kick my sugar addiction! Stick out tongue

Heartbroken - 8.5 weeks 2006, Baby Boy - 2007, Baby Boy - 2012 2+ years of TTC, but you were worth the wait!

Joined 17-Mar-08

Top Poster
11-Aug-10 8:53 am

Good for you! I agree with no carbs being the answer to losing it quick. I am currently eating only meat, veggies, cheese and a tiny bit of fruit every day trying to reach my goal. I don't eat anything over 2 grams of carbs, so No Sugar coffee creamer is good and special syrups/peanut butters. That wrap you explained sounds delish!

It's amazing how when you cut out sugar, you just don't crave it. It's awesome, and easier to do than people think.

Keep it up girl! I might PM you for some more recipes and ideas, and I'd be happy to share some of mine.

Nichole

Joined 11-Jun-08

Top Poster
11-Aug-10 8:58 am

Rein&Sonshines:

Good for you! I agree with no carbs being the answer to losing it quick. I am currently eating only meat, veggies, cheese and a tiny bit of fruit every day trying to reach my goal. I don't eat anything over 2 grams of carbs, so No Sugar coffee creamer is good and special syrups/peanut butters. That wrap you explained sounds delish!

It's amazing how when you cut out sugar, you just don't crave it. It's awesome, and easier to do than people think.

Keep it up girl! I might PM you for some more recipes and ideas, and I'd be happy to share some of mine.

Do you use ketostix? I somehow find it very comforting to measure and see that I'm in ketosis.. makes me feel less like "oh this is all for nothing".. like I normally do on diets. It's really reassuring to be able to SEE that my body is in fat burning mode.

I'd love to hear some of your recipes!

I think this is a perfect way of eating for people like me.. who need FAST results or give up. 

Nichole

Joined 11-Jun-08

Top Poster
11-Aug-10 9:00 am

Catch!:

WOW!! That's mazing in only a few days!  You look great!

Thanks for the food list, that's very helpful.  I think DH might like that too, he's been doing a bit of a diet the past few months, he's already lost 20lbs, but this might help him to lose the last 5lbs or so.  And of course, maybe I can kick my sugar addiction! Stick out tongue

So far, I wake up in the morning with sugar cravings.. but I'm only a few days in. It's nice to know that if I want some sweets I can have my homemade ice cream though, it's soo yummy! I think in a few more days, the cravings are supposed to stop. I have a really easy time not giving in though, somehow I haven't been hungry. I've had to force myself to eat.

Page: of 4