Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Ramzi's Method Unveiled (In Detail)

Joined 10-Apr-10

Top Poster
6-Aug-10 6:23 pm

Hi ladies,

I know many of us have researched and or heard about the placenta placement theory ( A.K.A- Ramzi's Method). The theory basically states that if the placenta implants on the RIGHT- it will be a boy, if it implants on the LEFT- it will be a girl. This is still true but as I was reading many posts I noticed many women had questions about a posterior or anterior placenta..... Well ladies I HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER Happy ROFL............ I went to the dr today and had my ultrasound only to find out that my placenta is on the left posterior.... Well I needed to know what gender this method suggests.... so I began my research...... This is the web address to the article about Ramzi's method... http://www.obgyn.net/fetal-monitoring/fetal-monitoring.asp?page=/fm/articles/fetal_gender_placental_location_pg6.

The name of the article is:

[quote]

The Relationship Between Placental Location and Fetal Gender (Ramzi’s Method):
Can Placental / Chorionic villi Location be used as Indicator for Fetal Gender at Six Weeks Gestation using 2-D and Color Flow Sonography?

ORIGINAL RESEARCH
By
Dr. SAAD RAMZI ISMAIL
Ultrasound Supervisor / Instructor
NWHC-High Level Hospital-Alberta
Pobox-1462, High Level, Alberta, T0H1Z0
Canada
DECEMBER 2007

The article is written by medical professionals so it may be a little hard to understand.... I had to read it a couple of times myself lol..... I am posting their findings as it partains to Ramzi's theory and gender predictions...

" Table one showed that the incidence of male fetuses in relation with right lateral placenta was 99.1% followed by fundal lateral anterior at 98.7% then by fundal right lateral posterior placenta at 98.5%, then by anterior right lateral placenta at 97.4%, and by the posterior right lateral placenta at 96.2%. The overall average of this incidence was 97.25% for male fetuses and this is very significant result.

Table two showed that the incidence of female fetuses in relationship with the fundal left lateral anterior was 98.7% followed by fundal left lateral posterior at 98.6%, then by left lateral placenta at 98.5%, then by anterior left lateral placenta at 97.7% and by the posterior left lateral placenta at 96.8%. The overall average of this incidence was 97.5% and it is very significant. This result might influence fetal gender if the IVF implantation was directed accordingly to the specific site for the specific gender desired. "

So ladies here is the rundown of the article.....

BOY GIRL
Right Lateral Placenta- 99.1% Fundal Left Lateral Anterior- 98.7%
Fundal Lateral Anterior- 98.7% Fundal Left Lateral Posterior- 98.6%
Fundal Right Lateral Posterior- 98.5% Left Lateral- 98.5%
Anterior Right Lateral- 97.4% Anterior Left Lateral- 97.7%
Posterior Right Lateral- 96.2% Posterior Left Lateral- 96.8%

[/quote]

I hope this helps with all the confusion.... I found this was very helpful for me.... For those ladies who the placenta is directly in the middle with no variance to the right or left I am not sure what to think.... Apparently, the placenta should have some favor of right or left. I am sorry this will not help alleviate your confustion......

Baby Boy 12/08 and Baby Boy  03/11!!

Joined 6-Jul-10

6-Aug-10 9:01 pm

good info! thanks!  just responding to this so i can keep an eye on it!

Baby Girl05/2009 another precious Baby Girl (swaying opposite) due 05/2011. plan to sway again for a Baby Boy in a few years!

Joined 10-Apr-10

Top Poster
6-Aug-10 9:31 pm
Thanks. I figured it may be useful to some people!!

Squibby17

Joined 25-Aug-08

Top Poster
7-Aug-10 3:51 am

Huh,well I'm still confused as ever lol.It doesn't mention on that chart about being on opposite sides,wonder what the percentage is for that?!

My placenta is left anterior,what does lateral mean?lol x

Baby Boy 01/01/09  baby no.2 due 20/11/10 Heart

crazy for HELIN

Joined 30-Oct-08

Top Poster
7-Aug-10 3:56 am

Very good info. Thanks ! 

Baby Bear Girl HELIN  Dec,10.2007HeartHeartHeartsHearts 

daughter-world.gif

Never let the hand you hold, hold you down

Jo

Joined 6-Apr-10

Top Poster
7-Aug-10 4:00 am

I know mine is anterior but no idea if it's more left or right so still no clues Sad

Baby Bear Boy 2006 Baby Bear Boy 2007 Baby Bear Boy 2010

Joined 10-Apr-10

Top Poster
7-Aug-10 8:51 am
squibby17:

Huh,well I'm still confused as ever lol.It doesn't mention on that chart about being on opposite sides,wonder what the percentage is for that?!

My placenta is left anterior,what does lateral mean?lol x

Lateral is an anatomical position that describes something from side to side. Meaning a left lateral placenta would be on the left side of the uterus. Medical terminology has to make everything complicated. There is a part in the article that states something about opposite sides but it basically says there is a chance the placenta could be on the opposite side and still result in a boy or girl. Does that answer your questions?!?

Life in Pink!

Joined 13-Jan-10

Top Poster
7-Aug-10 10:45 am
I was hoping this method would hold true for me. I was told at my 13 week NT scan that the placenta was in the top right side (boy) and was told at my 15 week scan I am having a girl.
Princess 2009   Princess 2011   Little Prince 

Joined 10-Apr-10

Top Poster
7-Aug-10 10:49 am
Vannah56:
I was hoping this method would hold true for me. I was told at my 13 week NT scan that the placenta was in the top right side (boy) and was told at my 15 week scan I am having a girl.
Congrats on your baby girl!! There are always exceptions to every theory or rule.

Joined 22-Aug-08

Top Poster
7-Aug-10 10:54 am

so when we go into our ultrasounds do we just ask specifically.... left anterior/posterior.... or Right anterior/posterior??? or do we say Lateral too?  The tech at my docs office is always so accmodating and super friendly so Im sure she'd be willing to look at any angle she could go get nubs and stuff.. but this is interesting if it could give us any favor earlier than 12 weeks.

Torry -

Baby Boy('96) Baby Girl('98) Baby Boy('03)Baby Bear Boy('09)  Losses: Sad FlowerBaby Boy(26 wks-'07) & Sad FlowerBaby Bear Girl(32 wks - '09)

--- think I'm done for a while... tired of fighting for a shadow of a dream...

Joined 10-Apr-10

Top Poster
7-Aug-10 11:32 am
Mystic-B:

so when we go into our ultrasounds do we just ask specifically.... left anterior/posterior.... or Right anterior/posterior??? or do we say Lateral too?  The tech at my docs office is always so accmodating and super friendly so Im sure she'd be willing to look at any angle she could go get nubs and stuff.. but this is interesting if it could give us any favor earlier than 12 weeks.

You would really just need to know right or left. Just be confident in the person telling you where the placenta is. A lot of people are not trained to be able to tell where the placenta is at such an early gestation.

Joined 9-Feb-08

Top Poster
8-Aug-10 2:45 pm

When it says left and right...does it mean to the right/left of the baby or does it actually have to be on the right/left of the womb?  Reason I ask is because I had an early scan and it clearly showed that my baby is very much on the top right so for the placenta to be on the left, it would need to stretch out some way!!   But if it means on the left of the baby, then I s'pose I might still be in with a chance.....PLEASE!!! Pray

I did ask the tech who did my early scan about where the baby was positioned, I said it is more to the right or left but all she would say was that 'it's where it should be in the middle of your womb so don't worry'....I didn't want to go into the whole Ramzi theory in case she looked at me as though I was nuts!

Because I'm so hung up on this theory, I was googling 7 week scan pics and it does seem that the side baby appears on the screen at this early stage rings true.  Nearly all on the right were boys and all on left were girls.  So I'm gutted Yuck

Baby Boy 2007 Baby Boy Mar 2011

hoping for Baby Girl in the future

Joined 10-Apr-10

Top Poster
9-Aug-10 7:25 am
chocheaven:

When it says left and right...does it mean to the right/left of the baby or does it actually have to be on the right/left of the womb?  Reason I ask is because I had an early scan and it clearly showed that my baby is very much on the top right so for the placenta to be on the left, it would need to stretch out some way!!   But if it means on the left of the baby, then I s'pose I might still be in with a chance.....PLEASE!!! Pray

I did ask the tech who did my early scan about where the baby was positioned, I said it is more to the right or left but all she would say was that 'it's where it should be in the middle of your womb so don't worry'....I didn't want to go into the whole Ramzi theory in case she looked at me as though I was nuts!

Because I'm so hung up on this theory, I was googling 7 week scan pics and it does seem that the side baby appears on the screen at this early stage rings true.  Nearly all on the right were boys and all on left were girls.  So I'm gutted Yuck

It does not mean where the baby is it is whee the placenta has attached to te uterus. I see what your saying about the cord not being able to stretch very far at an early gestation. I don't know the answer to that. But do not get discouraged this method has been proven to be wrong for a lot of people. Are you sure you tech was correct in saying where the baby was?

Joined 10-Apr-10

Top Poster
9-Aug-10 7:30 am
Oh and chocheaven. You really can't go by the picture of others peoples scans because you can not be sure of the orientation of the picture. Meaning just because the baby is left in the picture does not mean the baby is on the left of the uterus on the ultrasound. My picture is rotated and flipped because of where the doctor had the probe and because my uterus is retroverted and tilted to the left. So this could lead to different pictures too. Hope that helps!!

Joined 5-Jul-10

Top Poster
9-Aug-10 8:33 am

I'm definitely going to ask when I have my U/S tomorrow where mine is located.  Before I had even heard of this method, I told hubby that I was almost positive that baby was implanting on my right side.  I could feel little pressures and sensations- weird.  Then I read this and now I'm FX that it is indeed on the right! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one making myself crazy trying to guess what sex my DC will be. Happy ROFL

Page: of 3