Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Sleeping woes

formerly babie2otw

Joined 17-Sep-09

Top Poster
5-Aug-10 12:10 am

My little guy was doing really good with his sleeping until a few weeks ago. Now he doesn't nap but about 20 minutes at a time during the day and he's not sleeping at night. He will go to sleep after some cereal, bath, bottle and a rocking chair but about an hour later (at best) he's up and he's up until at least midnight, usually closer to one. I'm not sure what happened! Last night he was up every two hours. I haven't changed anything and he has a nightly routine. He's asleep by 9 pm but he wakes up shortly after and just WILL NOT go back to sleep. He wants to play. I can't be mad because he's so darn cute but I'm desperate to get him asleep at a decent hour since my oldest will be back in school very soon. How do you guys get yours to bed??

Baby Bear Boy 2000 Baby Bear Boy 2010 Baby Bear Girl 2011

Tammye

Joined 7-Jun-09

5-Aug-10 9:34 pm

Hmmm...maybe an ear infection?? its really hard to know when the little ones have ear infections and sometimes the only way to know is when they have sleep disturbances.  It bothers them when they lay down because it hurts more when they are in that position.  Id at least get his ears checked to rule it out.  If you know its nothing medical, then Im a "cry it out" kinda mom.  It won't take but one or two nights and he'll be back to sleeping through the night.  He might be just testing you and you are following right along :) It is hard to resist the baby cuteness though....I know :) My little one is 20 weeks and has been sleeping through the night since 11 weeks.  When he wakes, try not to go right in and see if he doesn't go back to sleep within a few minutes :) Good luck!!

LuvMyEvan

Mom to Evan 7/2007 and Lexie Grace 3/2010

Joined 16-May-08

Top Poster
6-Aug-10 2:52 am

this is a toughie.....teigan started waking up at 3am for a feed for 2 weeks but that was due to a growth spurt ......alls i can offer you is DONT play with him ...this will just encourage him to wake up more... Teigan wakes up at 6 am but i dont go to her...she lies awake talking to herself for about 30 min..by this time she'll either go back to sleep for abit or she'll start ""shouting"" this is when i go into her....i agree with pp dont go staight into them once they wake...unless they are distressed....if they are happy and awake just leave them lying there, hopefully they will eventually get the message that its night time....just make sure where he sleeps is pitch black and quiet...even outside the room ....gl x

9.11.08 transfered 2 x Baby Girl BFN  07.07.09 transfered 2 x Baby Girl BFP.... both with UKCFA- heard H/B with my own doppler @ 9w4d.....yay

Joined 17-Mar-09

Top Poster
6-Aug-10 12:11 pm
tam:

alls i can offer you is DONT play with him ...this will just encourage him to wake up more... Teigan wakes up at 6 am but i dont go to her...she lies awake talking to herself for about 30 min./p>

ITA. My DS wakes up at 7:30 AM and starts cooing and squealing. I feed him and put him back in his crib. He continues squealing and goes back to sleep after 10 mins. If I play with him he will stay awake but because I have get ready for work and get DD ready for school I have to no choice but to leave him and he plays and goes to sleep. On weekends when I hold him after the morning feed he won't go back to sleep.

Baby Bear Girl 07  Baby Bear Boy March 2010 Lilypie First Birthday tickers

formerly babie2otw

Joined 17-Sep-09

Top Poster
6-Aug-10 12:57 pm

Our pediatrician seems to think it's reflux. We are on meds and changed formula and I'm going to stop BF (well pumping because he never took to the breast) and hopefully that helps!

Joined 16-May-08

Top Poster
6-Aug-10 2:26 pm

oh i thought the problem was with sleeping...is he bringing milk back up after feeds?

9.11.08 transfered 2 x Baby Girl BFN  07.07.09 transfered 2 x Baby Girl BFP.... both with UKCFA- heard H/B with my own doppler @ 9w4d.....yay

formerly babie2otw

Joined 17-Sep-09

Top Poster
9-Aug-10 11:12 am

Not usually but he does cough and things like that during and after feedings. He did start to bring milk back up but we put him on zantac. The ped thinks its trying to come back up while he's sleeping and its causing him to not sleep well. He's been on the new formula for the weekend and the last two nights he's slept so much better. Last night he only woke up to eat once and the night before only twice so it looks like it was reflux keeping him awake as night. He seems to be doing much better on it and I hated to stop pumping milk for him but he seems to be doing better on the formula so we are strickly formula now. He never latched on anyway and I've been pumping for him for 5 months so I am thankful we made it this far with it! Happy Smile

Joined 16-May-08

Top Poster
9-Aug-10 12:16 pm

yay so glad things seems to be making it better....youve done well to get this far Happy

Page: of 1