Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Secondary Infertility

Joined 11-Jan-09

Top Poster
2-Jul-10 2:25 pm

Does anyone know much about this? Our best friends, a young couple both early/mid 20's cannot seem to get pregnant again after having their daughter who is 19 months old. They haven't used protection since she was born. They DTD on average 3 times a week. My friend said her period came back after only 3 months after her DD was born.

What could be the cause of this? Is this common? She's getting frusterated.

#3 due 7/1/13

Joined 11-Feb-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

2-Jul-10 2:29 pm

Joined 23-Feb-10

2-Jul-10 2:36 pm

Has she had an HSG to see if her tubes are blocked?  If they have been TTC for that long with no luck she definitely needs to see a doc. Best of luck to her!!

Joined 11-Jan-09

Top Poster
2-Jul-10 2:41 pm

Michaela:
Is she breastfeeding?

She exclusively breast fed her DD til' she was 4 months old then stopped because she went back to work. She did say it took 7 months to conceive her DD.

#3 due 7/1/13

Joined 11-Jan-09

Top Poster
2-Jul-10 2:42 pm

kbhlmh:
Has she had an HSG to see if her tubes are blocked? 

No she hasn't, she just unsure what's going on but I may suggest this to her soon. 

#3 due 7/1/13

just want 1 pink one plz

Joined 26-Jul-10

Top Poster
10-Sep-10 5:58 am

it happened to us... we fell without really trying the first time then it took 16mths for my ds2... after 12 mths we did some tests n it turned out to be male factor problem that was fixed with some supps.... tell her to see her gp who will no douht do the tests needed... after seeing fertlity speciaised they said it was very common n sometimes no reasons for it happening.... so hopefully its nothing but id get it all checked instead of hoping n waiting...

i have 2 Baby Bear Boy aged 5 and 2 yrs old...... tried swaying for 10 mths with no pg n now im just ttc............ on clomid this mth as its 12 mths............... hoping its worked............

was bettyboo...........needed a change...................

after 18 mths of ttc we finally got a bfp........... the mth we dtd twice............ after mths n mths of dtd alot turns out it works for us to not ttc................due in jan............. cant wait

found out its a Baby Girl.......... so blessed........ so lucky.cant believe it.................

Joined 11-Jan-09

Top Poster
10-Sep-10 6:10 am

Oh wow I still haven't talked to her about this, i've since become pregnant myself. They still haven't had any luck but I found out something about my friend that isn't pleasent, she has a drinking problem Sad

#3 due 7/1/13

just want 1 pink one plz

Joined 26-Jul-10

Top Poster
10-Sep-10 6:19 am

thats not good... but i can totally relate.. i didnt drink but got really depressed so its probably her way of dealing with the stress of everything.. all u can do is be there for her...

i have 2 Baby Bear Boy aged 5 and 2 yrs old...... tried swaying for 10 mths with no pg n now im just ttc............ on clomid this mth as its 12 mths............... hoping its worked............

was bettyboo...........needed a change...................

after 18 mths of ttc we finally got a bfp........... the mth we dtd twice............ after mths n mths of dtd alot turns out it works for us to not ttc................due in jan............. cant wait

found out its a Baby Girl.......... so blessed........ so lucky.cant believe it.................

Joined 19-Nov-09

Gold

Gold Membership

30-Nov-10 9:08 pm

Hi, I dont have any advice I just wanted to wish your friends goodluck. I agree with the PP's about checking to see if her tubes are blocked. A family friend of my mum had been trying for well over 2 years with no success, she has just discovered her tubes are blocked and is having it corrected.

Happy

Baby Boy2003

Baby Boy2006

Baby Girl 2010

Page: of 1