Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Michaela - temping advice? (ovacue readings included as well)

Joined 26-May-10

24-Jun-10 1:33 am

This is my first month temping, (adding to ovacue, opk's and watching my body's signs), and I want to make sure I understand exactly how it will help.  My temps and ovacue readings so far are:

day 2, 17th - 96.46, oral 115

day 3, 18th - 96.74, oral 130

day 4, 19th - 96.82, oral 123

day 5, 20th - 96.74, oral 154 (ORAL HIGH), vag 356

day 6, 21st - 96.84, oral 131, vag. 362

day 7, 22nd - 97.03, oral 132, vag 395

day 8, 23rd - 96.87, oral 118,vag 398

day 9, 24th - 97.04, oral 105, vag 197 (VAG LOW, so far)

day 10, 25th - 95.28 (TEMP LOW), oral 138

I'm due to O around the 28th, day 13 according to my oral high reading from Ovacue being on day 5, with Ovacue stating my peak fertile day as the 27th.  However, I got a major vag drop last night, though last month it went lower still a couple days later, but this morning I got a tremendous temp drop, which makes me wonder if I'm going to O earlier than predicted.  So I'll start BD'ing today just to make sure I don't miss it.  I'll be taking an OPK later this morning and watching for EWCM. 

So do I have it straight that temps don't mean much other than watching for the substantial drop (sign to BD) and then rise which confirms ovulation?  And then hoping and praying for a continued rising after O to confirm pregnancy, with a possible (not always) little drop and back up again during implantation?  Do I have it straight?  Or is there anything else to watch for?

My temps are low and my vag readings stayed very high longer this time (hope that's not a bad sign), before dropping, and it appears so far I got my oral high on day 5 instead of 6 or 7 like the last two months, but then again I got my AF 2 days early this month as well, so everything seems to have been affected by those 6 weeks on the girl diet... I decided NOT to do that anymore as far as diet and timing, just want to conceive period.  Still taking calcium and mag, still taking fertility herbal/vitamin supplements, and in case the polarity of the egg really can be swayed, still using ion purifier and have water fountains around, live on the water at the beach, and it will just happen to be around full moon when I o this time, so we'll see how that does.  If I get a boy, I'll fall in love and be just fine, but I just wasn't willing to jeopardize having a baby at all by trying to sway girl so hard when my age may make it more challenging to get pregnant in the first place.  Last month's failure threw my confidence to the wind, as I've never had to try before, and based on hindsight, when I got my EWCM, I should have BD'd right then instead of watching for the vag low reading that I didn't take until that night.  I think I've got a very short fertile window, maybe only 12 hours due to my age.

So, any tips you have for me would be appreciated.  Otherwise, it's looking like today or this weekend will be my TTC time, though of course I'll be watching my own body symptoms like a hawk and will go by that as much as anything and not think the Ovacue colors and messages mean anything unless they match everything else!  I feel last month I may have somehow missed my actual window entirely, or it just didn't implant, so I'll be more observant and hopefully the temping will ease my mind as to when I actually O this time.

Thanks again!

Pray Hearts

Joined 11-Feb-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

25-Jun-10 2:27 pm

Joined 26-May-10

25-Jun-10 3:36 pm

Oh that's a bit of a relief... what I'd read about temping implied that when you see the drop, O is next, so I was wondering!  Last month I had a low vag reading but got a lower one a couple days later closer to the predicted peak day, so maybe this month will be the same. 

The reason my history isn't too much help is because I've only got 2 months prior, and the first was without the vag monitor (only had oral) and I didn't start temping until this month.  On that first month, I got a +OPK on the predicted peak day 13, so may have O'd on that day or day 14.  Then last month I got 2 ovulation confirmed readings, 2 days apart, and the first was earlier than it had been predicted, on day 12, yet my cue peak was predicted for day 13, while the second ov conf. came on day 14, so it REALLY threw me off (at that time I didn't realize the prediction was just that, so when my low vag reading came on night 11 and on night 12 it was back up and  I got the ovulation conf., it caught me off guard, not expecting it until day 13... now I recognize to watch my body signs as well, since I'd had EWCM the morning before on day 11!)  I'm still not sure which was correct.  Looking back, I suspect I actually did O on day 12 since I'd had the EWCM on days 11-12, but there's not a real pattern to see yet and I can't figure out where the ov conf on 14 came from unless the first O malfunctioned and didn't happen correctly.  This is where the temping might be a big help.

Updated info -  I tested negative on the OPK test today (day 10) at 10:30am, and I have no EWCM yet (though mine shows up obviously all at once about mid day when it comes; after that I have to look for it, so it could still happen today), but I believe you're right that it's not time yet... I might get another lower vag reading tonight or tomorrow night.  Thanks for letting me know that one big drop in temp doesn't for sure mean I'm ready to ovulate.  Since my man is working out of the country, I have 3 ICI vials for home use this month, so I may use one tonight just to make sure I don't miss any potentials... won't be any different than those who are doing cut off BD, and they'll be "ready and waiting"!  Happy  LOL

Let me know if you think of any other clues, but thanks again!

Joined 11-Feb-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

25-Jun-10 5:25 pm

Joined 26-May-10

26-Jun-10 12:16 am

Okay, so even though I KNOW to ignore the colors and messages, frustration still reigns when I get home tonight and take my vaginal reading only to have it be higher than last night's and get the ovacue pink ovulation confirmed message... exactly like last month, but this month it's even worse because I've had NO EWCM yet, my cervix is still not open like it was last month, and my OPK's were all negative, and I took one yesterday and 3 today!!!  So YES, I got a vaginal low of 197 last night on day 9 after having all 4 prior readings in the mid-high 300's, this morning had that 2+ point temp drop (after a bad night's sleep) and tonights vag reading was 268, so it looks like I O'd, but without ANY body symptoms, and 3 days earlier than my oral high predicted?  I'm not supposed to O until day 13, supposedly! 

I went ahead and used one of the ICI vials tonight, (just like trying last month after the pink message.)  But this month I do have 2 other vials instead of only 1 more, and I'm going to be watching my body for EWCM and an open cervix before using them, and we'll see when the purple "secondary fertility" ovulation confirmed shows up this time!  Last month I did get the same vag low with a higher, but then had another drop to an even lower vag low, so I'm praying that happens again this month when I've got the vials to do something about it!  I have to say, it's sure easier to be able to BD often than to ration the ICI vials when DP is away like lately.  [sigh]  I sure hope I haven't missed my fertile window entirely, possibly AGAIN!  But I sure don't see how... it's way too early, my oral high says NOT, no EWCM, cervix not fully open, and on day 10 instead of 12 or 13?  Surely not! 

Okay, so I'm going to be positive... got two more chances this month, so come on, body, show me the signs!!!  Pray

Here's my question though... if my temp goes back up where it was tomorrow, will Fertility Friend just assume I O'd, and does that mean I really O'd after all?  How will I know for sure when I O'd?  I sure can't trust Ovacue unless the purple one is the accurate one for me, and that's obviously just my own body's unique tricks that make the monitor think I did early.  I see cutebaby having some of the same frustrations.  My body does seem consistent so far in what it's doing that throws off the monitor, so I'm learning, but OUCH!  No fun.  Here's hoping and praying I haven't O'd already, or that hopefully if I did, tonight's conception attempt worked anyway and it sticks this time!

Joined 11-Feb-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

26-Jun-10 4:09 pm

Joined 26-May-10

26-Jun-10 9:03 pm

Well, it did spike back up this morning, but this afternoon I got my first positive OPK test!  ha  Cervix is more open, CM isn't EW, but it's watery and heading that way, so I'm going to assume I haven't yet.  Thanks for clarifying about needing 3 days of higher temps, to get the red crosshairs.  That helps me think it'll drop again since I got the + OPK today. 

--------------

Later - another update - tonight I got another Vag low, my lowest, and along with that came the EWCM, and another even darker positive OPK, so this is consistent with exactly what happened last month... I have a lot of vag highs, then a huge drop, then back up a little, then another drop... no wonder the monitor gets it wrong!  Here's the last 4 days:

Day 8, 23rd - temp 96.87, oral 118, vag 398

Day 9, 24th - temp 97.04, oral 105, vag 197

Day 10, 25th - temp 95.28, oral 138, vag 268 (pink ovacue ov. conf. message)

Day 11, 26th - temp 96.85, oral 93, vag 173 (darker blue high fertility message is back)

So if I'm like last month, the purple ov conf. message will appear tomorrow night, and is likely the accurate one after all.  So tonight is vial #2, and likely tomorrow #3, and I should be well covered.  Here's hoping it will be enough this time!

Thanks again!

Joined 11-Feb-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

27-Jun-10 9:22 am

Joined 26-May-10

27-Jun-10 12:43 pm

Well, temping is a bit of a challenge to me getting the time right... I got that huge drop on Friday after a terrible night's sleep, then Saturday had an early event and had to wake up an hour early, then overslept this morning so it got taken an hour and 15 minutes late... BUT... it didn't drop again.  How critical is that, considering everything else?  From what I read, a large temp drop is your indicator that you will ovulate within the next 3 days, so is it still okay if the temps have stayed back up?  Here's why I'm certain I haven't O'd yet:

2 more +OPK's today, a few hours apart, and the last was the darkest yet, definite positive.  Cervix still open, and though CM isn't as EW as last night, it's watery and that's my norm to get one gush of EWCM and then to go more watery.  Not to forget that my oral high at day 5 indicated that I would O tomorrow on day 13, not even today, and I got my lowest vag low last night, and I can't possibly think I've already O'd! 

So what do you think?  Does it matter that I didn't get another drop?  OR could there be one of two possibilities - 1) either I attempted to O and then failed and the body tried again OR 2)  that perhaps I'm even ovulating twice this month?  I ask that because is it possible I conceived on the first try and that's why the temp is staying up even though the body is O'ing now? 

That said, my temps still are only barely higher than my basal temps during the follicular phase, not significantly higher yet, so??  Here's the link to my FF chart... because my basal temps are so incredibly low, is that a problem?  I'm so anxious to see how/if they get higher in the luteal phase, obviously for pregnancy, but also just to see if they get and stay above 97.0, since if I'm understanding it correctly, I read that's where they need to be to sustain a pregnancy.  I guess I'm just a challenge, but I'm glad to hear from you that you've seen the situation before like mine, at least where the double ovulation signs are in play.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2f6c57

I appreciate your expertise!

Joined 11-Feb-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

27-Jun-10 12:54 pm

Joined 26-May-10

27-Jun-10 7:32 pm

Okay, I added some fake 97. something temps (which I then deleted), and it said I ovulated on Saturday, which doesn't quite work since I got a third very dark +Opk test at 3:30 this afternoon.  I had the oddest feeling all day today that I needed to use the final vial before evening came, no idea why, so  I went ahead and used my 3rd vial, hope that was the right thing to do.  I had to take my vag reading 3 hours early since I normally don't take it until after 7, and it came out the lowest yet at 131.  I was going to retake it tonight, but then I realized you can't compare that to an evening test, and after I TTC'd, I remembered you're not supposed to take the vag test after BD (darnit, now I won't know if I ovualated tonight based on that!)  So I should have just waited until tonight to use the vial, esp. if I don't O until tomorrow.  Darnit this is frustrating.  Oh well, I've given it my best shot and SURELY there will be plenty of sperm ready and waiting for that egg even if it's tomorrow!  Praying so!

Joined 11-Feb-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

27-Jun-10 7:46 pm

Joined 26-May-10

28-Jun-10 11:16 am

okay, my temp was about the same again today, 96.73, but I went ahead and did a vag reading this morning just to get a clue, and it's spiked up to 302 and I got my 2nd ov confirmed message (purple), so I'd say that's it this time.  I will take it again tonight to confirm and override the morning one, but it looks good and I'm glad I went ahead and did the 3rd vial yesterday.  Now I enter the 2ww - dpo O and counting!!! 

Thanks again for the continual feedback and advice.  Here's hoping and praying I caught the timing right AND it implants... AND doesn't miscarry... AND carries to term... AND brings us to a healthy baby (and Mommy)!  Lots to be praying for!!!  What a miracle every child is when you consider all that has to take place to bring them into the world.

Pray Hearts

Joined 11-Feb-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

28-Jun-10 12:36 pm

Joined 26-May-10

29-Jun-10 12:53 pm

Okay, it's looking good...

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2f6c57

my temp spiked down enough yesterday (28th) and up enough today that with two more temps I'll likely get my ovulation crosshairs on FF, right on the 28th like Ovacue said (purple - 2nd conf.)  So that gives me confidence that my body symptoms, Ovacue and FF will be in agreement and I was right on about my own feelings of when.  It feels good to know that my body seems consistent enough, even with that "false" temp and vag drop that causes the first pink ovulation conf. (or double o, whichever it is) that it followed exactly the same pattern.

And now that my temp is spiking, what am I watching for?  Consistent little spikes higher to show pregnancy?  Will there be highs and lows, or does any drop mean I'm NOT pregnant (other than one that can mean implantation between days 7-12)?  Any education on what it is I'm actually looking for?  Thanks!

Page: of 2