Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

4-5 Day LH Surge?!?!

Joined 10-Apr-10

Top Poster
23-Jun-10 10:18 pm

Hi, I have had 4 positive OPKs in a row. The test line is darker than the control line on all 4 days. I called my DR yesterday on day 3 of positives and he said 3 days of positives is fine anything more than that is not fine. So I called him today again and I am waiting to hear back from him. Has anyone had this and what did it mean? - I took a HPT just in case and it was negative. - No temp shift in BBT to indicate O occured. -CM- Creamy - CP- HSO (as of yesterday haven't checked today) Any thoughts?!?!

Baby Boy 12/08 and Baby Boy  03/11!!

Life in Pink!

Joined 13-Jan-10

Top Poster
23-Jun-10 10:40 pm
Yes, I had 4 straight days of pos opk the clear blue smiley face kind. You can't mistake a smiley face! Haha anyhow, that was in April and I ended up pregnant that month. Best wishes!! Let us know what the doctor says!
Princess 2009   Princess 2011   Little Prince 

Joined 10-Apr-10

Top Poster
23-Jun-10 11:00 pm

Thank you well maybe this will be my month lol!!! Any other experiences out there?

Joined 10-Mar-08

Top Poster
24-Jun-10 6:33 am

YES!  Me!  For the last 4 or 5 cycles I've had that (look at my FF chart link to see).  It first started in Feb this year and I had them for days on end, and sometimes I didn't even mark them in the FF chart.  However, each time I did get a clear thermal shift, usually on the second day of my +OPKs. 

At first I was sooooo worried about it but then I did a little research and asked some questions and I believe it can often be the hormone still in your system after O and the OPK is picking it up, or you've had a strong O, maybe even a double O, and hence the ongoing +OPKs.

But I guarantee you they'll stop eventually after a few days or so at the most.

That said, I'd still be interested to hear what your doctor says so please let me know.

GL  Hugs Violet

Joined 10-Apr-10

Top Poster
24-Jun-10 10:21 am

I have another positive today. That makes 5 days straight. My doctor called this morning and he wants to do an ultrasound to see what is going on because apparently you are not supposed to have that many days of a surge. Who knows!!  I did have     cnvnnnvnnnn na temperature rise this morning but he said he still wants to see me. I go in at 4:30 pm central time. So I will update when I get home.

Joined 10-Apr-10

Top Poster
24-Jun-10 9:25 pm
Hi ladies, I'm back from the dr. And he did an internal ultrasound. Well the verdict is: I am not ovulating at all, I have 11 yes that is not a typo... 11 cysts. 5 on my right ovary and 6 on my left. I have a very thick endometrium that will cause break through bleeding and a very heavy AF. There is also free fluid in my uterus and around my right ovary. Just freaking great!! As you can tell I'm not happy with this diagnosis!!!! I have to go back for another ultrasound before cd3 and if all the cysts are under 9 cm big he will be prescribing clomid! Looks like I'm out ttc for at least June anyway!!

Joined 11-Feb-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

24-Jun-10 9:29 pm

Joined 10-Mar-08

Top Poster
24-Jun-10 9:59 pm

Bayourdancer I can't believe it!  Sorry to hear your news!!  I hope everything comes good for you ASAP!!  Please keep me posted if you can.

Well given what you've said I've got myself a bit worried now too - even if I get a +HPT in the next few days or so I guess I'll still need to get myself checked out Worried

Joined 10-Apr-10

Top Poster
24-Jun-10 10:27 pm

Yes I do have PCOS. It sucks lol...... Girl FO. I have many other symptoms than just a long "surge" (there wasn't really a surge). I have heavy heavy bleeding and severe cramps that sometimes cripple me and keep in bed. But you can never be too careful.

Joined 11-Feb-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

24-Jun-10 10:38 pm

Joined 10-Apr-10

Top Poster
24-Jun-10 10:49 pm

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 18 and am now 22. I have been on BC since I was 14 that helped with all my issues especially with PCOS. I got off BC and six months later I got pregnant with DS. From then on I have been on BC (for the hormones, not for contraception). I knew I would have problems with all this when we decided to try for DD because I also have endometriosis. I have not taken any thing other than BC for my issues. I did have surgery to clean out all the endometrial tissue, cysts and fibroids when I was 18. My dr is going to put me on clomid if the cysts go down. Did you ever take that? Was it covered under your insurance plan, I know they are all different but just curious.

Joined 31-Jul-08

Top Poster
24-Jun-10 10:49 pm

Are you taking any progesterone-raising supplements?  I have PCOS and my LH surge is usually 2-3 days, but while on B6 I had a 7 day LH surge one cycle, and the next it was over a week - I stopped taking the B6 and I O'd a couple of days later.

Baby Boy - 2006, Baby GirlBaby Girl  - 2009

Joined 10-Apr-10

Top Poster
24-Jun-10 10:52 pm

Michaela, Sorry just saw your post on the other thread! Yes I am taking prometrium (progesterone). I asked my doctor if I was supposed to still take it and he said yes, I should still take the prometrium. He said it was my friend lol. I was also taking calcium, folic acid, acidophilus, vit c, and magnesium but not on a regular basis just when I remembered which was not very often lol.

Joined 11-Feb-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

24-Jun-10 10:52 pm

Joined 10-Apr-10

Top Poster
24-Jun-10 11:00 pm

Michaela:

I would highly recommend the Metformin as that will help to regulate your insulin which can also lower your testosterone levels which lowers your LH and Estrogen levels.  I am surprised nobody has mentioned going on Metformin if you have had PCOS for 4 years now.  

I guess he never mentioned it since I was always on the BC which helped to control my hormone levels which in turn helped to regulate the PCOS. Who knows? Interesting though. Maybe as the problem gets worse as it seems to be since I have been off the BC, he will suggest it. Something to definitely keep in mind. I know he did order for a ton of bloodwork like 10 tests I think. So I had to go have my blood drawn today. I guess he will decide after getting my results in. I am interested in seeing what that shows.

Page: of 2