Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Urgent-help!! My poor little man!

Nichole

Joined 11-Jun-08

Top Poster
15-Jun-10 12:22 pm

I recently ran out of green laundry detergent so I had to use whatever my mom has.. and Xander has a rash all over his diaper area, and he is bleeding. He is in tons of pain whenever his dirty gets dirty or when I use a wipe on him. I want to cry for him, it looks so painful!! What do I do?  Should I put him in disposables until I get new detergent?? Or just let him get air.. is there anything I can put on it and use with cloth diapers?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Joined 21-Feb-08

Top Poster
15-Jun-10 12:33 pm

Please, don't put diapers on him that hurt him. Sad I'd do whatever you can to pick up a pack of disposables, and use that until you get new detergent.  I wonder if you would have to strip the diapers, too.  I hope he gets better SOON!

ETA- I say this from experience.  Our CDs turned DD's bottom red too, so I had to stop using them.  No matter how much I want to save money, the environment, whatever- it's not worth it to me if it hurts her bottom.

Nichole

Joined 11-Jun-08

Top Poster
15-Jun-10 12:44 pm

D_J_M_:

Please, don't put diapers on him that hurt him. Sad I'd do whatever you can to pick up a pack of disposables, and use that until you get new detergent.  I wonder if you would have to strip the diapers, too.  I hope he gets better SOON!

ETA- I say this from experience.  Our CDs turned DD's bottom red too, so I had to stop using them.  No matter how much I want to save money, the environment, whatever- it's not worth it to me if it hurts her bottom.

I know, I remember reading your posts. I keep some disposables here, actually, for when my diapers are dirty since I can only wash them once a week. I'm sad this is happening, but I'm positive it's the detergent since it hasn't been a problem for the 4 and a half months I've been using cloth diapers.. 

I just wish there was an easy way to help the rash clear up because he's so miserable right now. Sad

Joined 4-Apr-08

Top Poster
15-Jun-10 3:01 pm

Air him out as much as possible, then use a heavy duty diaper cream (like Desitin Maximum Strength) w/sposies while you strip the diapers and get them back to normal.

My little guy had a rough transition into cloth so I had to alternate w/sposies and Desitin until his rash (also bleeding) cleared up. 

Baby Girl'03 Baby Girl'05 Heartbroken'08 Heartbroken'09  Baby Boy '10 after 14 months of swaying

Joined 26-Mar-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

15-Jun-10 3:16 pm

The best rash remedy I've ever found is the postpartum herb bath my midwife recommended:

Mix equal parts by weight (not by volume) of:

Calendula blossoms, lavender, comfrey root, rose hips

You can buy all of these in bulk at health food stores. If you buy a couple of ounces of each it will last a while. Mix the herbs together and store in a tightly sealed container. The calendula and lavender are lighter in weight than the comfrey and rose hips, so it will look like mostly calendula and lavender. Put 1/2 cup of the mixture in a 1/2 gallon jar and add 1/2 gallon of boiling water. Let it steep at least an hour, or overnight is better. Strain and save the liquid (discard the herbs). Pour the liquid into a tub of water. This is for a regular sized bathtub. If you are using a baby bathtub you could just use a cup or two of the brew. You can also use the brew undiluted on a washcloth as a warm compress.

There were times when my boys had terrible diaper rash and we did this at night and the rash was totally gone in the morning. I have also used it myself many times (it is wonderful for sore nipples too.)

Mom2RJA Baby Boy R, 2000 Baby Boy J, 2003 Baby Girl A, 2009 MS/IUI 10/2/07 at GIVF, natural cycle, 1 follicle, 94.7% sort purity, BFN MS/IUI 8/25/08 at HRC, Clomid + Ovidrel, 3 follicles, 92.99% sort purity, BFP!!! Beta #1 on 9/9 (15 dpo): 153, Beta #2 on 9/11 (17 dpo): 395 

mom2rja@gmail.com

RJA Feet

Joined 30-Apr-09

Top Poster
15-Jun-10 4:52 pm

I swear by Triple Paste, works super fast w/no irritation. Triple Paste and sposies should clear him up in 1-2 days. You may want to strip your cd's in the meantime...oh and don't use TP w/cloth it will wreck them.. GL!

Nichole

Joined 11-Jun-08

Top Poster
15-Jun-10 5:01 pm

I'm thinking I may need to get Rockin' Green detergant for my diapers now..

Joined 30-Apr-09

Top Poster
15-Jun-10 5:31 pm

XandersMa-Ma:

I'm thinking I may need to get Rockin' Green detergant for my diapers now..

I got some RnG samples and I think the Hard Rock gives Avery a rash...so far she's doing ok w/the Classic though.

Joined 30-Apr-09

Top Poster
16-Jun-10 11:24 am

How's lil man doing today?

Nichole

Joined 11-Jun-08

Top Poster
16-Jun-10 11:46 am

Better. Just putting him into disposables cleared the rash right up. Hopefully I can find a good detergent to use on my diapers.

Joined 30-Apr-09

Top Poster
16-Jun-10 2:29 pm

That's good to hear. Now DD has a flaming bleeding rash from Pampers arggghhh I knew the new ones were dangerous (the samples we got burned her) but I had an old package I bought when preggo figured they were fine to use up while sunning my dipes...I could kick myself (and PAMPERS Angry) my poor baby. Sad

Joined 21-Jan-09

Top Poster
16-Jun-10 2:52 pm

XandersMa-Ma:
I just wish there was an easy way to help the rash clear up because he's so miserable right now. Sad

Aquaphor is AMAZING!  Evan used to get rashes JUST like that and Aquaphor was the ONLY thing that cleared it up.  Did you feed him anything different recently?  Maybe allergic to something?

Hugs VioletBaby GirlHugs VioletBaby BoyHugs VioletBaby GirlHugs Violet

Joined 11-Jul-10

23-Jul-10 2:30 am

I just got rid of my sons rash just like that, it bled wept realy bad for 2 weeks. I was told by a friend put baby powder on 2 dry it out and then nappy cream. I was finding the creams i tried wouldnt stick cause it was weeping. Well after a week its all gone!! I would also strip the nappies, im doing that now, i putting bought nappies on him while i get the cloth ones dry.

Baby Boy 22/1/04  Baby Boy 12/1/05  Baby Boy  22/8/09  baby 4 Baby Bear Girl due 18/12/10.

Page: of 1