Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Did anyones miscarriage start with brown spotting? Please advice.....

Joined 22-May-10

10-Jun-10 11:53 pm

Hi, I hope this isnt innapropriate, it may be the last thing anyone wants to remember....

But I am 14 weeks pregnant and have had 2 days of consistent brown spotting and mild cramps, I keep getting told brown is good, but how can any spotting be good?

I dont know what to expect, should I prepare for the worst? Can anyone give me ideas on how it might be likely to progress?

Thanks so much for any help,

My prayers are with all you girls who have lost your precious little ones.

Baby Bear Boy03 Baby Bear Boy06 was hoping forBaby Bear Girl but looks like Baby Bear Boydue Dec 10

Joined 16-Oct-07

Top Poster
10-Jun-10 11:59 pm

Have you had anything "up there" recently??  Like a vag u/s or your husband??  The cervix is super sensitive during pregnancy and can "bruise"/bleed.

Anything within the last few days...

Btw, when I miscarried it was bright blood (I also had bright red bleeding when I was pregnant with Bennett and didnt miscarry)

Joined 25-May-10

11-Jun-10 12:02 am
Oh huni, your having a really tough time with this aren't you. Have you rested more today? Hows the garage sale looking? When i MC both times before i had bright red spotting to start off with and then it turned into a proper period after maybe two or three days. It was very obvious that i was going through a MC. Remember how i told you that i had spotting throughout this whole pregnancy so far and it was exactly like the spotting you have described, brown old blood. Yes, i panicked and you have every reason to panic because this precious little thing inside you means so much to you. But everything was ok. Im trying to tell you my success story so that you have hope and think positive that things will probably be ok. When you have your scan on Tues im sure you will get some fantastic news and see your little bean there with its heart beating away. Another tip is that i only started spotting if i had sort of overdone it with housework or being too active. You have had a massive amount on your plate recently with the garage sale and moving interstate. Does the bleeding start to die down if you have a good rest?

Joined 22-May-10

11-Jun-10 12:02 am

Rebel_SoccerMamma:
Have you had anything "up there" recently??  Like a vag u/s or your husband??  The cervix is super sensitive during pregnancy and can "bruise"/bleed.

The last time anything like that happened was Sun arvo BD, but the bleeding started yesterday (Thurs), for no apparent reason. I felt fine, just went to the loo and there it was. Now it wont stop. It's definitely worse when I am on my feet for more than a few minutes, a bit hard not to though, I have 2 older children and am moving interstate in 3weeks!

Baby Bear Boy03 Baby Bear Boy06 was hoping forBaby Bear Girl but looks like Baby Bear Boydue Dec 10

Joined 22-May-10

11-Jun-10 12:05 am

junior:
Oh huni, your having a really tough time with this aren't you. Have you rested more today? Hows the garage sale looking? When i MC both times before i had bright red spotting to start off with and then it turned into a proper period after maybe two or three days. It was very obvious that i was going through a MC. Remember how i told you that i had spotting throughout this whole pregnancy so far and it was exactly like the spotting you have described, brown old blood. Yes, i panicked and you have every reason to panic because this precious little thing inside you means so much to you. But everything was ok. Im trying to tell you my success story so that you have hope and think positive that things will probably be ok. When you have your scan on Tues im sure you will get some fantastic news and see your little bean there with its heart beating away. Another tip is that i only started spotting if i had sort of overdone it with housework or being too active. You have had a massive amount on your plate recently with the garage sale and moving interstate. Does the bleeding start to die down if you have a good rest?

What would I do without you girl!!!!

Its definitely better when I rest, but does that mean I have to for 6 more months????

I know I sound paranoid, but I seriously have no idea and no one to talk to right now.....

ANYWAY, How did your scan go? It was 11 today wasnt it? Id love to hear some nice news!

Joined 25-May-10

11-Jun-10 12:13 am
Scan was postphoned to 11 tomorrow, lol. U/S place had an emergency something come through so i have to wait until then but i feel pretty positive lately so i think things will be ok. I will fill you in first thing on Tuesday and try to give you something to smile about. You dont sound paranoid, you are a normal female who is worried about what her body is doing and anyone else would be stressing if they were in your situation too. I know i would be posting about 60 posts a minute with thousands of scenarios going on in my head. I would go crazy!!!! lol Have you been lifting anything heavy, sometimes if you lift haevy things it can cause a slight tear on your cervix or it can burst the blood vessels around the bottom of your cervix, they may have healed and then the old blood expelled out when you put more pressure on yourself. Does DH understand how worried you are? I wish you lived near me i would take you down to the hospital myself and make them do something for you to put your mind at ease, wether it was an U/S or the doppler or anything to check for you.

Joined 16-Oct-07

Top Poster
11-Jun-10 12:31 am

It could totally be caused from the sex.  Cramping + bleeding is much more serious than one or the other.  Odds are you will be okay, its normal to freak though!

Joined 22-Jun-08

11-Jun-10 1:32 am

My miscarriage started with barely there brown spotting.  Just a tiny bit every now and then when I wiped. The first day it was just one spot then nothing for two days. Then on the third day another spot then nothing for another day or so. I had brown spotting on and off for about a week and a half before it started turning red but still very light. Went to the doctor about 2 weeks after it started and had a scan and found out I had a missed miscarriage - I was supposed to be 13 weeks but the baby died at 8 weeks. I chose to have a natural miscarriage - I bled very lightly for another week before one night I started getting really strong pain and contractions - they lasted about 20 minutes and the baby came out. After that I bled like a regular period for about three weeks.

Basically my miscarriage looked just like my period starting up but only over a much longer time - it takes a while for your hormone levels to drop enough to really start bleeding so thats why only light at first. I had no cramping at all until 20 minutes before my body expelled the baby.

I hope this isn't the case for you and you have a healthy bean in there.

Take care.

Baby Girl 6  Baby Boy 4 Baby Boy 3 Heartbroken May 2010 Heartbroken Feb 2011

Joined 5-May-08

Top Poster
11-Jun-10 6:37 pm

Twoperfectmiracles:
My miscarriage started with barely there brown spotting. 

me too :(

i started light brown spotting on Thurs afternoon (day before reg appt)  i called dr office & they just talked it down & said it happens, not to worry.  spotting cont'd & cramping too.  went in for appt-and no heartbeat.  got u/s to confirm.  i was shattered.  never had anything like that happen before.

i am Pray that this is not happening for you.  i pray that it's just residual blood that was stirred loose from BD.  please call your dr ASAP & asked to be examined-just for peace of mind.  and definitely rest if it helps.

(((HUGS)))

S '02  O '05  S '09   HeartbrokenFeb 10 at 9wks3day-we will forever love you!
due April 17 w/ baby boy #4

Joined 22-May-10

12-Jun-10 12:03 am

I went to Doc yesterady arvo, they did bloodwork and will do some more Tues to compare if HCG levels are still rising But that didnt settle my fears much so I went up to Maternirty ward at hospital and burst into tears in front of midwife - works a treat by the way (no, it wasnt intentional). She was lovely, put the fetal heart monitor on even though Doc said it was too early and WE GOT A HEARTBEAT!!!!!

But today the spotting is still really light but slightly redish now, theres nothing more I can do until Tues scan, HOPEFULLY they will tell me something about whats happening then.

Still SOOOOO scary.......... Im just praying my little one can hang in there.

Minerva is my cat not my

Joined 14-Oct-06

Top Poster
12-Jun-10 12:56 am

With my m/c, it started with just a small amount of red blood. I had no cramping at all - not even when the m/c was actually occurring.

You can bleed a great deal, even having clots, and have the baby be okay, and you can have just a small amount of brown or red spotting and be having a m/c. Sad  Most of the time, though, I think spotting doesn't indicate anything serious. It's awesome that you were able to hear the baby's heartbeat, and I would guess your spotting is just the result of sex and/or all the work you have been doing getting ready to move. I hope Tuesday gets here quickly so you can get to your u/s and find out what is going on!

Baby Girl 3 yrs old  Baby Girl born July 2011  Heartbroken 2/10 @ 13 weeks   Heartbroken mmc 6/10 @ 13 weeks

My timing analysis blog: http://www.ingender.com/cs/blogs/minervasmom/
Take part in my ph study!: http://www.ingender.com/cs/blogs/minervasmom/archive/2009/10/30/ph-study.aspx

Joined 22-May-10

12-Jun-10 2:36 am

minervasmom:
I hope Tuesday gets here quickly so you can get to your u/s and find out what is going on!

ME TOO!!

Thanks for your concern and feedback

• Baby Bear Boy03 Baby Bear Boy06 was hoping forBaby Bear Girl but looks like Baby Bear Boydue Dec 10

Joined 25-May-10

14-Jun-10 6:24 pm
    Very happy to hear the news. Heartbeat sounds very positive. Good Luck at your scan!!!

Joined 22-May-10

15-Jun-10 1:30 am

Just an update.....

I went for our scan and it all looks good! Bub is fine, measuring what he should, placenta is fine, the tech said its just one of those things but should all be OK. No bleeding at all today, so all round looks pretty positive!

And I also found out we are having boy number 3!! I did SO want a little girl, but am just so relieved hes well now, that it really pales into insignifcance what gender he is..... Im very lucky.

Thanks for all your help the last few days everyone, its meant alot! (((hugs)))

Joined 5-May-08

Top Poster
    15-Jun-10 6:45 am

oh, so glad all is well.  what a relief for you & your family!!

enjoy baby boy 3 :)  i have 3 boys and they are awesome-and so close & great friends-wouldn't trade it for the world!

S '02  O '05  S '09   HeartbrokenFeb 10 at 9wks3day-we will forever love you!
    due April 17 w/ baby boy #4

Page: of 1