Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

help required - having third boy in two days time!!

Joined 8-Feb-10

8-Jun-10 1:24 am

I am having being induced to have my third baby boy on thursday and I should be excited but I just feel so ambivalent towards the whole thing.  I am not excited at all about having him which makes me feel really guilty.  Am dreading sending the text message to everyone after he is born telling them that yes, its another boy, and what their reactions will be.  Did anybody else have these feelings and then feel totally different once their baby was born?  I just feel quite teary and emotional about it all, even though I thought I had made peace with the fact that I am having another boy.  I just wish I could get excited about it.

Joined 21-Aug-09

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

8-Jun-10 1:34 am

In all honesty i did feel that way with DS2, but mostly b/c i never wanted a child with his father and adoption was what i was wanting. I love him to death now!!! I think once you look into your babies eyes and hear his cry it will help, but it does take time. Best of luck and congrats on your baby!!! xXx

www.ourmicrosortstory.blogspot.com             www.newbornlovenursery.blogspot.com

photo f2_zps6be40389.jpg

Joined 7-Jul-09

Top Poster
8-Jun-10 1:49 am

No doubt you'll get comments, it's human nature to be ignorant. But dont let them get you down. Everyone coo's a newborn regardless of it's gender and it's those people who adore him and look past his boyish bits that will be the ones you need to listen too. Forget all the idiots who say negative things! I got comments all the time when i was pregnant things like "you already have a boy... this one has to be a girl" and things like "if this one is a boy you'll have to try for another so you will have a girl" blah blah blah. I had such anxiety over having another boy and i wracked my brain over the whole thing... I cant believe i had stress over something so trivial as gender now. Because he is my son and i thank god i have him everyday regardless of what people say.

Congratulations on your new prince and goodluck bringing him into this world ♥♥♥

Joined 3-Aug-09

Top Poster
8-Jun-10 11:03 am

My friend had her second son, a delivery room surprise, and she wanted a girl. She texted something like: 'I'm just destined to be surrounded by gorgeous boys! Had my lovely son Aiden this morning'. It was a lovely text and she only got positive replies. If anyone says anything negative, shame on them. How could anyone be down on a beautiful baby? Good luck hun. You've done the right thing not telling people I think. Once they see that gorgeous babe, they'll forget any silliness about gender.

Love my babies

Joined 30-Mar-09

8-Jun-10 11:50 am

I just had my third boy 2 months ago and I felt 100% different once I had him in my arms, I just couldn't love this little boy more, he is amazing. However, before I had him I was just like you, not excited at all. It was my last child and I really wanted this one to be a girl. I love raising boys  but I had two already, it felt like, yeah whatever been there done that. I was disappointed and I hated all the "hope you get your girl, everyones hoping for at girl" etc comments. When I was pg my emotions were all over the place and I couldn't imagine loving another little boy.  Once I had him I felt totally different, sure he is another boy but he is growing and changing everyday and I just love to see his little personality develop. My dh sent out a funny email to annouce our new boy with a cute picture and not one person responded negatively. Try not to feel so guilty your feelings are quite normal, hey having a baby is hard and emotional. Your not alone!! hugs

Joined 11-Aug-09

Gold

Gold Membership

8-Jun-10 4:18 pm

I felt the same. It was a relief to finally have him here and my GD is no way as bad as when I was pregnant. You will get the odd comment but you wont care!! Yes I am so very sad I will never have a DD but I love my 3 little guys and so will you.

Good Luck for thursdayx

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby BoyPrayPrayPray Please let me have a girl oneday or please let me just get over this GD already!

Joined 10-Feb-09

8-Jun-10 6:56 pm
I felt the same as you. I dreaded the comments but they seem to be the worst when you are pregnant. I still struggled a bit with everyone's opinions for several months but as my youngest got older (he's one) they have gotten better. I loved my 3rd DS from the moment I held him, and as his personality comes out I realize that he's unique and special even though he's my 3rd boy. I love having 3 boys and how close they all are. It does get better, I promise. Good luck with everything!0

Mom to 3 awesome boys Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby Boy

Hoping to add a little Baby Girl someday to complete our family

Joined 8-Feb-10

8-Jun-10 8:46 pm
thanks so much for your positive comments - it makes me feel so much better about it all. Now just to get through the labour!!!!

Joined 21-Aug-09

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

8-Jun-10 8:51 pm

Baby_Maker:

My friend had her second son, a delivery room surprise, and she wanted a girl. She texted something like: 'I'm just destined to be surrounded by gorgeous boys! Had my lovely son Aiden this morning'. It was a lovely text and she only got positive replies. If anyone says anything negative, shame on them. How could anyone be down on a beautiful baby? Good luck hun. You've done the right thing not telling people I think. Once they see that gorgeous babe, they'll forget any silliness about gender.

LOVE THIS!!! Sweetest thing ever! xXx

www.ourmicrosortstory.blogspot.com             www.newbornlovenursery.blogspot.com

photo f2_zps6be40389.jpg

Joined 25-Feb-10

8-Jun-10 9:31 pm

First off congrats on your boy! I hope your labor goes smoothly. I'm due with my 3rd boy in 5 weeks. One thing that helps me is to think back of my older boys births to look at the pictures and remember the joy and love I felt over them when I held them for the first time and it helps me to feel posative that I'll feel the same for my new little guy.

Baby Bear Boy  Nikolai 3 Baby Bear Boy Ivan 2 Baby Bear Boy Demitri, due July 14th

Page: of 1