Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

weight management during my pregnancy.

Joined 17-May-10

5-Jun-10 2:34 pm

hi everyone.

i am on a program called Weigh - Less. but not to loose weight but, more to control how much weight i put on and try and limit it to 10kgs or less. I am considered an obese pregnant and really don't want to put on 20kgs like my first two pregnancies. am i being selfish?

butcher494

Joined 15-Sep-09

6-Jun-10 2:10 pm

No i dont think your being selfish at all its far healthier to exercise and eat properly during pregnancy i gained way to much during my first pregnancy so the second time around i was determined not to so i was healthy most of the time except weekendsEmbarrassed and i did exercise 4 x a week she is now 4 months old and im back to pre preg weight i gained about 43 lbs!

Baby Boy2001Baby Girl 2010

Joined 17-May-10

7-Jun-10 2:39 am

that is so great to hear. i come from a small town and ppl i have told think i am doing something terrable to my baby.

thanks for sharing. Love Ya!

Joined 10-Jul-09

Top Poster
7-Jun-10 7:42 am

I was overweight during my pregnancy. I was so scared of putting on more weight. I have high blood pressure and was afraid I was going to have cardiac problems.  My doctor said she would allow me to gain as much as 30 pounds!!  I was shocked! I am 5'10 and weighed a little over 300 pounds. I thought she was crazy!

I didn't eat anything out of the ordinary. I just ate what we always ate for dinner, didn't go crazy with sweets (which I love!!). I could not even walk, because I was on bedrest off and on during pregnancy.  I did not gain 1 pound!! I stayed the same the whole pregnancy and when I went for my 6 week check up I was 35 pounds lighter!! I have never seen anything like it!!  The doctor was fine with it-she said I was eating just fine and the baby would take whatever she needed!

You are doing just fine. Don't listen to anyone else!!!

(Tryin4Pink)

Joined 17-Sep-07

Top Poster
25-Jun-10 8:27 am
You should look into the Gestational Diabetes diet to follow while pregnant.  It will really help keep extra weight off, and cut down on the sugars.

Baby Boy May 28, 2008  and Baby Boy May 30, 2010

Still room for at least one more... ttc mid 2012

Page: of 1