Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Help with swearing toddler

Bonnie

Joined 19-Feb-08

Top Poster
1-Jun-10 12:34 pm

We are having issues with our 2 1/2 year old...his favourite expression right now seems to be F&*K YOU!!!  Ya...it used to be shut up...oh how i long for those days...I blame it onmy older kids...sadly...we were never ones to watch what we said around the kids, but thats not and expression we use...but I have a feeling the older boys do when were aren't here..they may even sit and coaxhim to say it thinking its funny...but i'm not thinking its very funny when he says it to Grandma...I did warn her that he was saying it, and luckily she doesn;t hear all that well!! so how do i get him to stop...ignoring him doesn't seem to work!!!  Yesterday was great..i was so glad we live in the country cause he was standing at his window when he was supposed to be going to sleep yelling it out the window at the dog!!

Baby Boy Robin-01/96 Baby Boy Nick-09/98 Baby Boy Kaelen-10/01 Baby Boy Josh-09/03 Baby Boy Eric-08/07 Baby Girl Allison-01/09

B/C really is only 99% effective!!! LOL DH and I are very excited (and relieved) to have gotten our surprise Baby Bear Girl

Heart Evan --2004 (official love of my life since 1999)

Joined 26-Feb-10

Top Poster
1-Jun-10 1:59 pm
Does he say it when he is mad, or does he say it just to say it? I would talk to your older kids about it if that's where he is getting it from. It isn't funny at all if they are teaching him stuff like that. I would tell him that those words are not allowed and come up with a consequence if he says them, but also off an alternative for him to use (if he is saying it because he is mad). Maybe something like "please stop." I would have your other kids change their language too because he is watching them.

when Ds1 was like 18 months old he would say "watching" and it sounded just like "f***ing" for some reason. We would ask him what his was doing and he would say things like "I'm f***ing the doggy." We finally just started getting him to say "viewing" or "looking at."

Joined 17-May-10

1-Jun-10 2:06 pm
good luck with the swearing.

Joined 10-Jul-09

Top Poster
1-Jun-10 2:09 pm

Oh these children.......

when my son was little he said "shit" instead of sit. Imagine the poor dogs face!!

and my sister said "H" instead of her "L's". one day my dad asked her what she did that day and she said "We went to the mah" (mall). He asked her what she did at the mall and she said "Oh, just hooked around".  It was sooo funny!! We still talk about her little speech problem!

oh yeah when she was about 31/2 we had just moved into a new neighborhood and she was mad at my brother (that is 10 years older than her) and screamed at him-in the front yard- "You, you..you bastard!" My mom could have died!!!

Joined 26-Feb-10

Top Poster
1-Jun-10 2:16 pm
texasangie1:

Oh these children.......

when my son was little he said "shit" instead of sit. Imagine the poor dogs face!!

and my sister said "H" instead of her "L's". one day my dad asked her what she did that day and she said "We went to the mah" (mall). He asked her what she did at the mall and she said "Oh, just hooked around".  It was sooo funny!! We still talk about her little speech problem!

oh yeah when she was about 31/2 we had just moved into a new neighborhood and she was mad at my brother (that is 10 years older than her) and screamed at him-in the front yard- "You, you..you bastard!" My mom could have died!!!

lol I have a friend who's little boy says sh*t instead of sit too. He went around telling kids at preschool "you shit, and you shit and you shit.." when they had to sit for snack time.

Bonnie

Joined 19-Feb-08

Top Poster
1-Jun-10 2:21 pm

He says it both when hes upset and just for saying it...he thinks its funny...the older kids definatley don;t talk like that in front of us...but I am sure they do when we aren't home...of course they blame each other, but I am pretty sure I know which one it is...

as far as soap...i don;t wnat children's aid knockingon my door...a mother about 40 minutes form here gave her 6 year old soap for swearing and her daughter got very sick and she had to take her to the hospital...when they found out she had given her soap she was arrested and her daughter was taken away....

and he's only 2 1/2...you can't reason with him..if i suggested something else for him to say I am sure he would just walk away saying shut up or f&*% you...its awesome!!!   NOT!!!

Baby Boy Robin-01/96 Baby Boy Nick-09/98 Baby Boy Kaelen-10/01 Baby Boy Josh-09/03 Baby Boy Eric-08/07 Baby Girl Allison-01/09

B/C really is only 99% effective!!! LOL DH and I are very excited (and relieved) to have gotten our surprise Baby Bear Girl

Heart Evan --2004 (official love of my life since 1999)

Praying for a healthy bab

Joined 27-Sep-06

Top Poster
4-Jun-10 3:47 am

At 2 & a half he doesnt understand what the word means. Every time he says it say loudly...where's the truck,where's the truck. It may work. Our 2 year old loves the beach but it sounds like he is saying bitch & then the boys laugh. I told them to not react to it as he is really trying to say beach.Happy

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby BoyBaby BoyBaby Boy Heartbroken  21st July 2010 at 11.5 weeks.Heartbroken April 2011 at 6 weeksHeartbroken23rd August 2011 at 12weeksHeartbrokenNovember 2011-4weeks.
Baby Baby Girl due Christmas Day. Prayers for a healthy baby.x

Pregnancy%20ticker
pregnant
Page: of 1