Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Poll: How much water do you drink?

Joined 23-Apr-08

Top Poster
31-May-10 10:21 pm
I HATE water and today I have a major headache because I didnt drink enough water. I had maybe 5 gulps of water and 2 sodas. It was also 80 degrees here today. I know it is bad but I just wasnt thirsty. I guess I need to make it a point.... :([Poll]

Joined 22-May-10

31-May-10 10:23 pm

With the weather change, it really changes how much water you need, if its super hot. I am with you, I am not a big fan of water, but I drink 3-4 glasses maybe a day- but it might have been the sodas that did you in too- they dehydrate you pretty badly. Think about if you want to have a soda, drink water with it, then it will help you keep hydrated. 

Hope that helps.

4 yrs Baby Bear Boy 2 yrs Baby Bear Girl Dec 2010 Baby Bear Boy  

Photography Mommy

Joined 5-Feb-08

Top Poster
31-May-10 10:36 pm

I'm not pregnant any more, but when I was pregnant with DS I started forcing myself to drink water- I wanted a healthy BF relationship with him and I knew water was important... Well, I also found water to be extremely undesirable- I'd drink like 5 sodas a day. Eventually I got myself to start drinking water and grabbing for it instead of soda and now if I don't drink water through the day I feel really dehydrated and unfullfilled. I still don't neccessarily like the water, but I've gotten myself in the habit of drinking it. We buy the cases of bottles and I just grab one of those instead of a soda and keep it with me. 

BTW, I said 4-8. I don't know how much the water bottles hold as far as oz.... but I drink about 4-8 bottles a day. Once in a while I'll drink more soda or coffee, but usually I try to drink more water.

?~ I found my soulmate online ~?

Gone at 17.5weeks ; Little boy Jacey- Forever in my heart

Woo1324

Joined 31-Jan-10

Top Poster
31-May-10 10:44 pm

I also hate water , it actually physically makes me sick if i drink to much ,,, one time before i had a 18 week u/s they told me i had to drink 1litre which is 0.26 gallons needless to say i threw up the lot and right now i know I'm not drinking enough so i try and force myself and when i do i end up feeling horrible and nauseous for an hour after i drink it which makes it hard  I'm actually quite worried about the effect on my baby so I'm trying to drink more but still i know its not enough I'm drinking maybe 1 cup to 2 cups a day bad i know,,,, so your not alone

HeartsBaby Bear Boy 7 Baby Bear Boy 3    Baby Bear Girl 1

Joined 1-Jan-10

Top Poster
1-Jun-10 12:51 am

I'm not a fan of water, either.  I have limited myself to one soda a week.  Right now I'm drinking a lot of tea (which dehyrdates, too).  I've also been drinking coconut water and milk.  I feel more satisfied with the coconut water.  BF'ing does improve if you are hydrated, so it is good to get into the habit.  I say, drink if you feel thirsty.

Baby Bear Boy2001Baby Bear Girl2003Baby Bear Boy2005Baby Bear Boy2010

Joined 16-Oct-07

Top Poster
1-Jun-10 12:53 am

In the summer I drink probably 3-5 bottles daily and in the winter, like none lol

Joined 19-May-10

1-Jun-10 12:54 am
I am an L&D nurse and we give our patients 32oz mugs and tell them to drink 3 before lunch and at least 2 after.... Especially durring these hot summer months. Just an FYI...crystal light and koolaid count. As do popcicles!! Yum!!!

Joined 2-Mar-10

Top Poster
1-Jun-10 1:11 am
Very less... hardly less than a litre...

Joined 23-Apr-08

Top Poster
1-Jun-10 12:23 pm
L&DnurseThinkinPink:
I am an L&D nurse and we give our patients 32oz mugs and tell them to drink 3 before lunch and at least 2 after.... Especially durring these hot summer months. Just an FYI...crystal light and koolaid count. As do popcicles!! Yum!!!
holy crap!!!! that is soooooo much water!!!!! YUK! lol i guess i better get drinking today :(

Joined 4-May-10

Top Poster
1-Jun-10 12:46 pm

wannab"][quote user="L&DnurseThinkinPink:
I am an L&D nurse and we give our patients 32oz mugs and tell them to drink 3 before lunch and at least 2 after.... Especially durring these hot summer months. Just an FYI...crystal light and koolaid count. As do popcicles!! Yum!!![/quote] holy crap!!!! that is soooooo much water!!!!! YUK! lol i guess i better get drinking today :(

That is what I was just thinking! I could have sworn my doctor said to drink two of the 32 oz mugs per day, 3 if I could. Lately I am lucky to get 2 mugs down, water feels like jell-o in my stomach.Yuck

Me(29)HeartDH(28) & our little clan Baby Girl9/22/00 Baby Boy5/8/2007 Baby Boy1/20/2009 and Baby Girl9/20/2010

DH says we are done, but I will always dream of more!

me if you can!

Joined 9-Aug-09

Top Poster
1-Jun-10 2:37 pm

I can't really vote because I'm in the process of increasing my water intake Happy Smile

I used to be horrible, I often drank no water at all during the day. Just what I got in my cup of tea.  And I drank 1-2 diet pepsi's per day.

Now I am trying to quit the pop, or at least get less.  I have been drinking water for the past week, and I'd say I get about 1 to 1.5L per day.  I'm hoping to increase it too, that's another thing, I think I just don't get enough liquids in general. 

Heartbroken - 8.5 weeks 2006, Baby Boy - 2007, Baby Boy - 2012 2+ years of TTC, but you were worth the wait!

Joined 14-May-10

1-Jun-10 3:51 pm
Usually 3-4 16oz water bottles. I refill the bottle with water throughout the day. Sometimes I add a packet of crystal light, other times it's just straight water.

Mama to Baby Boy 2005 Baby Boy 2008 & Baby Girl due 01/11/11

Expecting a little girl after two boys. No swaying involved as this pregnancy was a total surprise.

Katina

Joined 11-Feb-07

Top Poster
1-Jun-10 4:03 pm

I don't drink water that much, but I do drink a lot of other fluids, including decaf iced tea, milk, one soda per day, and lemonade. 

Mommy to 2 sweet little Baby Boy12/00 Baby Boy 8/03. Baby Baby Girl Rachel born still 9-19-09@26wks, due 12-25-09, 4 other angels, Our Rainbow baby Olivia Faith born 10-8-10 7lbs 2oz

Photobucket

Joined 30-Mar-09

Top Poster
1-Jun-10 8:32 pm

I need to be better at it and somedays I am, others, not so good.  During my 17th week I had contractions all day long.  By the night I was able to time them.  I called the dr. and he told me I was probably dehydrated.  He said that I need to make sure that I am super hydrated.  With summer already here I really need to be better at it.  It's just so hard because it just makes me have to go to the bathroom even more than I do now. 

Mom to  Baby Boy16   Baby Boy14   Baby Boy11   Baby Boy9  and a Baby Boy in 2010

Joined 30-Mar-09

Top Poster
1-Jun-10 8:34 pm

L&DnurseThinkinPink:

Oh boy!  Three before lunch Surprise?  I really don't think I could do that.  Infact, I know I couldn't do that.

Mom to  Baby Boy16   Baby Boy14   Baby Boy11   Baby Boy9  and a Baby Boy in 2010

Page: of 2