Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Peak already? (Ovacue)

Emily

Joined 14-May-10

17-May-10 1:03 pm
This is my first month using the ovacue. I KNOW that I don't ovulate until late in my cycle, at least normally and while on clomid. I usually ovulate around CD21 out of a 34 day cycle. The problem is that I'm taking 150mg of clomid this month, so I'm not sure if I'll ovulate earlier. I can't imagine it being as early as ovacue says. Here are my readings so far, I'm only on CD8 right now and I haven't taken my vaginal reading yet either. Should I just ignore this peak?
CD2 o= 162 v=n/a
CD3 o= 153 v=n/a
CD4 o= 132 v=n/a
CD5 o= 117 v=n/a
CD6 o= 158 v=137
CD7 o= 204 v=212
CD8 o= 145 v=211
CD9 o= 99 v=156
CD10 o= 133 v=174
CD11 o= 135 v=303
CD12 o= 139 v=207
CD13 o= 147 v=245
CD14 o= 140 v=192
CD15 o= 122 v=181
CD16 o= 131 v=156
CD17 o= 122 v= 215

Lucy

Joined 13-Feb-09

Top Poster
17-May-10 6:38 pm
Hi- Looks like a peak could be day 7, but you need 2 lower numbers to confirm. Tomorrow will tell whether it is another low one. Then it could be CD14 that it predicts to O which is not that that much earlier given that you are on higher clomid. You will probably just need to wait and watch numbers and temps to correlate...

Emily

Joined 14-May-10

17-May-10 7:02 pm
So if tomorrow morning I get another that was lower than CD7's reading, then I should consider CD7 my peak? I think I was getting confused partially because my Ovacue said I was possibly fertile, lol.

Lucy

Joined 13-Feb-09

Top Poster
18-May-10 5:57 am
Yes, another lower would mean it is a peak. You *can* have more than one, I think I had this problem and stopped the readings too early. So keep taking them to be sure. Once you get out to about CD14 you can see where the V numbers go to determine O. I think they never rule out fertility close to the cue peak cause some people use this for preventing. I have had 5 days between my peak and O in the past so it varies.

Emily

Joined 14-May-10

18-May-10 10:53 am
Thanks! Look like CD7 was definitely a peak, I got my lowest oral reading ever this morning. (I updated it in the first post).

Lucy

Joined 13-Feb-09

Top Poster
18-May-10 7:11 pm
great, keep taking both readings just in case you get a second one. Also, do you take temps too? If so it is a good comparison at the end of a cycle to look back and see how things line up.

Emily

Joined 14-May-10

19-May-10 2:10 am
I don't take temps, because I used to wake up at random times. Now it wouldn't be an issue since I wake up at 6:30 every morning to do to do the ovacue. I do ovulation tests, which seem like they've always worked fairly well for me.

Emily

Joined 14-May-10

21-May-10 10:05 pm
Double post because I'm confused again. I very obviously have a confirmed ovulation according to the ovacue. Ovulation was confirmed on CD11. This seems totally unbelievable to me, 9 days earlier?! Not to mention no positive OPK's. I can believe that I may have been off on ovulation on previous cycles, but I really don't think so. Plus, I wouldn't have had such long, regular cycles if I ovulated THIS early. Does anyone have any ideas?

Joined 11-Feb-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

21-May-10 10:13 pm

This is exactly why I never suggest anyone buy the Ovacue becuase it is just so confusing with those stupid messages!  Ignore the messages and go only by the numbers.  If you don't normally O until CD21 then you don't need to look for a vaginal low until you have one around that time.  The numbers can go up and down before you O so just look for that.  I need to go back and look at your oral readings and see what they are doing but in the mean time completely ignore whatever that dang monitor tells you.

ETA: You had a Cue Peak on CD7 and another Cue Peak on CD10.  I am guessing that you will have at least one more Cue Peak if not 2 more.  After those then you can start looking for a vaginal low.  If you don't have another Cue Peak by CD18 then just look for a vaginal low reading and that is when you will be O'ing for real.

Emily

Joined 14-May-10

22-May-10 10:33 pm
Thanks! I was trying to ignore the messages, but it was so obvious I really did experiance a peak. I'll just wait and see what happens with my numbers.

Emily

Joined 14-May-10

25-May-10 10:06 pm
I had EWCM today, and I never get EWCM. (I use pre-seed to counteract). I still haven't gotten a positive OPK. Does it look like today, CD16 was a vaginal low? I don't think I've had any peaks since then, everything has been really steady. Unless of course CD14 was a peak, which is possible, which would put me O'ing around CD20, correct?

Joined 11-Feb-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

25-May-10 10:11 pm

emilyjean:
Does it look like today, CD16 was a vaginal low?
Yes it looks like a vaginal low to me too!  WooHoo!  Let's hope this is it for you but you are right in that CD14 could also be a Cue Peak especially since you have not had a +OPK yet. 

Emily

Joined 14-May-10

26-May-10 1:06 pm
:) Thanks! I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of this. I'm still a bit confused why my peak earlier in the cycle was so defined, and the potential one on CD14 is so insignificant.

Joined 11-Feb-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

26-May-10 1:10 pm

emilyjean:
I'm still a bit confused why my peak earlier in the cycle was so defined, and the potential one on CD14 is so insignificant.
What do you mean by this?  I am tired and feeling a bit dense at the moment.  LOL!!!

Every time you have a Cue Peak your body has basically started over the follicular selection process.  So your body decided to pick a follicle to mature, then said nope your not the right one and then picked another one.  So every time that happens you get a Cue Peak.  If you have long or irregular cycles this is quite common, in fact I used to have 3 Cue Peaks per cycle before I would O.  

I saw in the infertility forum that you were on Clomid before, are you on it now?

Emily

Joined 14-May-10

26-May-10 2:24 pm
haha I mean why was my first peak on CD7 SO obviously a peak, and this next one is not as obvious? As in the numbers are lower and closer together than the first one. Does that make sense? Yep, this month I took 150mg of clomid days 3-7. I was only supposed to be on 100 mg, but I had 5 leftover and decided what the heck, lol.
Page: of 2