Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Where do you stay when you travel?

Joined 12-Jul-07

Top Poster
17-May-10 1:01 pm

I'm trying to plan our vacation this summer and I'm having a horrible time trying to figure it all out.  Everywhere we want to stay we are told we have to either get a 2 bed suite with a pull-out couch or we have to get 2 connecting rooms with at least 3 beds which is costing us $60-90 a night instead of the $30-40 we would really like to pay.  It doesn't make sense to me and I don't think it's fair!  Our kids are so little why would we need so much room and so many beds?  Our youngest can't even really sleep in a bed yet, I mean she sleeps between me and DH a lot or in her crib here at home.  But for travelling we could easily say we have a pack-n-play for her to sleep in.  And the other 3 could easily all fit on 1 bed together and be plenty comfortable.  Or we could just get one of those extra roll-away beds and pay the $5 or whatever they charge.  But I'm having a hard time finding anyone willing to do this.  It's making finding inexpensive accomodations impossible.  I wish I could start my own hotel chain which would be big family friendly and still have reasonable prices. 

Mar 03 Baby Girl
Dec 04 Baby Girl
Aug 06 Baby Girl
Jan 09 Baby Girl
Due Jul 11 Baby Girl

FINAL SCORE = 7 blue 1 pi

Joined 19-Dec-07

Top Poster
20-May-10 11:32 am

Lilac♥:
I wish I could start my own hotel chain which would be big family friendly and still have reasonable prices. 

I often think about starting a BIG family chain but we are such a minority that it probaby would never take off.

I think you may just have to accept that you have a big(ger) family and that come with a big price tag. Grouchy

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby BoyBaby BoyBaby BoyBaby BoyBaby BoyBaby Girl Expecting a VERY unexpected number 9.... due June'14.

Joined 14-Dec-06

Top Poster
21-May-10 7:20 am

Six-Happy-Sons"]

[quote user="Lilac♥:

I wish I could start my own hotel chain which would be big family friendly and still have reasonable prices.  [/quote]

I often think about starting a BIG family chain but we are such a minority that it probaby would never take off.

I think you may just have to accept that you have a big(ger) family and that come with a big price tag. Grouchy

sorry had to reply to this lol

I think you will find that there are actually more large families out there then we realise so I think thats a FANTASTIC idea I really do

x

Please delete this profile no longer a member 

Jojo

Joined 1-Aug-06

Top Poster
21-May-10 7:34 am

We get a condo for the most part.  At least, when we go to Disney, I have been told I need either 2 rooms or a condo.  I totally hear you!  My 3 oldest can sleep in a queen size bed.  They do it now.  They always fall asleep together in ds#1's room and then we transfer them to their own room.  So really we only need 2 queen beds and a crib.  That equals 1 room....but we also love all the room that a condo provides, so we just do that.  Yes, not good for a budget.  This year, we are having the in laws come with us to the beach and they are splitting the cost with us.  So that helps a lot!

Mom to 4 beautiful children and 3 angel babies Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby GirlBaby Boy
Heartbroken March 2011  Heartbroken June 2011 Heartbroken November 2011 lost our baby Baby Bear Boy at 18 weeksSad

Preggo again! Due 12-25-13

Joined 23-Jan-07

Top Poster
21-May-10 10:35 am

we haven't gone on vacay since DD was born, but when it was 5 of us, we would lie and say it was only 4, then sneak into a room.  DS3 would sleep with us (tight fit on a queen size bed!) and the older boys shared a bed.  Now, I don't know, I think when we go on vacay this summer, we're gonna break down and get the family suite with bunk beds and a couch.  Sucks that it costs so much more (like $150 for the family suite instead of $80), but what can you do? 

Sometimes on the way to a dream, you get lost and find a better one.

Joined 17-Jul-07

Top Poster
26-May-10 7:44 pm

I know hotels have rules about how many, but I don't really see why you have to disclose.  I always book a room for just 2 adults.  Never report the kids, and don't see why I should.  I will, however, get two rooms or a condo when they're a little older (for now, we fit in one room or suite).  I think if you're comfortable in one room, you should only have to pay for oneMy Two Cents

Baby Boy 04 Baby Boy 06 Baby Girl IVF/MS/PGD 08 Baby Boy 13 

Joined 29-Jan-08

Top Poster
26-May-10 8:45 pm

My boys are older, and if we don't get a kidsuite, we just don't report the 3rd child.  The 2 will share one bed, we'll get the other one, and the 3rd will sleep on the pull-out sofa (if there is one).  If not, then we have an air mattress that he uses. 

Heartbroken  Baby Boy  Baby Boy  Baby Boy Heartbroken missed m/c 3/08~12 wks  Heartbroken 11/08~7 wks

Peace out IG!

Joined 26-Apr-07

Top Poster
26-May-10 8:51 pm

Lilian78:
always book a room for just 2 adults.  Never report the kids,

AgreeAgree

"Embrace the life you have, not the life you THINK you should have."

Almighty Creator,

Hear this prayer and the wishes of my heart. You know my deep desire for a child, a little one to love and to hold, to care for, to cherish. grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image. Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.

Amen~

in a book you can be anyt

Joined 27-Oct-05

Top Poster
7-Jun-10 2:50 pm
We rented a house when we went to disney in Florida (that was great and so much cheaper and really really nice, tons of bedrooms and bathrooms and our own pool and hot tub plus a full kitchen, and bbq we actually spent the same amt for the house a night with my 6 kids my friend's step daughter, me and dh and my mom, that we did yrs ago when dh and I went to one of the disney resorts with just ds#1 and the house was MUCH nicer and we could cook our own food and not buy the crap in the dinner like thing at the resort). We usually get two joining rooms for hotels, if not then two rooms and I stay in one and dh in the other and split kids. We are going to Great wolf lodge in Ohio in july (saving $2000 to go to the States than the one in Canada) and we got one of the largest rooms you can stay in. My dh is great for finding deals online. THey are out there.

M005-Cool_Man_2.gif image by Deena4AboysB003-Pocket_Boy.gif image by Deena4AboysB009-Critter_Boy.gif image by Deena4AboysB010-Lil_Boy_1.gif image by Deena4AboysB011-Lil_Boy_2.gif image by Deena4AboysG011-Lil_Pigtail_Girl.gif image by Deena4Aboys

5 boys 1 girl and a little black pug

LM_Poppies_LongBanner.gif picture by Deena4Aboys

Joined 17-Oct-08

Top Poster
17-Aug-10 11:24 am

We have Trendwest Timeshare condo. We stay in a 2 bedroom/ 1 bath now, but they have 3 bedroom units, full kitchens , dining , and living rooms. We love having seperate bedrooms because of all of our different bedtimes. 

Have you been to HomeExchange.com? We are seriously considering house swapping.. and it's FREE. 

Sarah

Joined 30-Jun-06

Top Poster
20-Aug-10 5:52 am
This is a really interesting thread.... I was wondering how the mums of more than 4 cope? We're doing a road trip from New York to Seattle next year and really finding it difficult to find places we can stay on the way that will accommodate us all on the road....

It's not really an option to just not disclose the fact there are 9 of us. 9 is a bit harder to hide then 5! Plus what happens when it comes to breakfast?

And another little (my avatar is a pic of her) born October 2014!

Joined 17-Jul-07

Top Poster
20-Aug-10 7:40 am

SevenfromHeaven:
We're doing a road trip from New York to Seattle next year and really finding it difficult to find places we can stay on the way that will accommodate us all on the road....

It's not really an option to just not disclose the fact there are 9 of us. 9 is a bit harder to hide then 5

Lol, you can't hide 9 . . . but I expect you could all fit in 2 hotel rooms, right?  And if so, you wouldn't have to give the exact #.  Sounds like a fun trip!

Baby Boy 04 Baby Boy 06 Baby Girl IVF/MS/PGD 08 Baby Boy 13 

Page: of 1