Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Wondering about increase of testosterone through potatoes...Tamara?

need some blue!!!

Joined 5-Jan-09

Top Poster
9-May-10 11:16 pm

I read in the swaying e-book that testosterone is increased by eating potatoes.  I couldn't find anything on the internet that proves it.  Actually, all I found were websites stating that if you want to increase testosterone, you need to stay away from potatoes.  I see that maca is in the potato family and increases testosterone, but I can't find anything about regular potatoes.

The reason why I am concerned is that I am wondering if I didn't get as much ewcm this month because I am eating too much potatoes, therefore too much testosterone.  Would more or less testosterone creat more or less ewcm?

Just wondering?

Baby Girl'03Baby Girl'06Baby Girl'08  and Baby GirlMarch 30, 2011!

PRAYED & SWAYED my heart out FOR BLUE, but got PINK!!

need some blue!!!

Joined 5-Jan-09

Top Poster
11-May-10 10:58 am

I read somewhere that potatoes actually have phytoestrogens.

Anyone know where Tamara is?

Joined 8-Feb-09

Top Poster
11-May-10 12:11 pm

I think Tamara is out of town. Testosterone would help with EWCM. I have not read anywhere that potatoes increase testosterone. The potatoes are more for the potassium than anything else.

Baby Boy 2009

need some blue!!!

Joined 5-Jan-09

Top Poster
11-May-10 5:33 pm

RingosDrum:

I think Tamara is out of town. Testosterone would help with EWCM. I have not read anywhere that potatoes increase testosterone. The potatoes are more for the potassium than anything else.

Hey Ringo,

If you check out Tamara's E-book, on page 11, at the bottom, it gives examples of foods that were chosen for the diet.

"examples: red meat will raise testosterone, slightly lower pH, give lots of potassium, sodium, some cal and mag has + ions and if eaten cold will raise pH

Potatoes: will raise testosterone, raise pH, is a power house in potassium and sodium, has no cal some ma, is +ions and when eaten as a potato chip will raise pH"

I have no doubt that the potassium is a major factor with the potatoes, just not sure the testosterone part is true.  At least phytoestrogens are good...probably like evening primrose in that they help with cm.

Joined 7-Sep-09

11-May-10 7:31 pm

Almostperfect:

If you check out Tamara's E-book, on page 11, at the bottom, it gives examples of foods that were chosen for the diet.

"examples: red meat will raise testosterone, slightly lower pH, give lots of potassium, sodium, some cal and mag has + ions and if eaten cold will raise pH

Potatoes: will raise testosterone, raise pH, is a power house in potassium and sodium, has no cal some ma, is +ions and when eaten as a potato chip will raise pH"

I have no doubt that the potassium is a major factor with the potatoes, just not sure the testosterone part is true.  At least phytoestrogens are good...probably like evening primrose in that they help with cm.

Tagging along to hear an answer ........I was also wondering about this......I didn't find anywhere on the internet saying potatoes will raise testesterone.

Baby Girl

desperate for Baby Boy

Joined 8-Feb-09

Top Poster
12-May-10 8:30 am

Almostperfect"]

[quote user="RingosDrum:

[/quote]

Hey Ringo,

What I meant was that I have not read that anywhere on the internet. I have read A  LOT of things about testosterone and how to boost/increase it, but nothing about potatoes. I actually have not looked in the e book yet. I thought it was the same thing as FAQ just organized differently. I just might have to take a peek. Happy

Baby Boy 2009

need some blue!!!

Joined 5-Jan-09

Top Poster
13-May-10 9:00 am

Bump

need some blue!!!

Joined 5-Jan-09

Top Poster
13-May-10 11:40 pm

----

need some blue!!!

Joined 5-Jan-09

Top Poster
14-May-10 4:56 pm
Still wondering...Confused Huh?

need some blue!!!

Joined 5-Jan-09

Top Poster
18-May-10 11:17 pm

Nobody knows?

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

18-May-10 11:20 pm

sorry just saw this now.  at one time I had all the info saved on my computer that said what foods raises hormones, but I think its lost.  I know its out there on the net somehwere.  sorry if that doesn't help

dddd ds
My IG Blog.................... 7 Sway Factors: Diet, pH, Minerals, Hormones,
Swaying E-book .............................Ions, Supplements and Timing
...........................................................They are all linked together
Other diets:

need some blue!!!

Joined 5-Jan-09

Top Poster
19-May-10 10:48 am
Maybe that information you had before was incorrect.  All I can find on the internet is information about avoiding potatoes if you want to increase testosterone.  Potatoes are still a good thing for the woman to be eating because they increase estrogen.  It seems like a 50/50 thing...good for potassium and estrogen, but not for testosterone.

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

19-May-10 11:57 am

Almostperfect:
Maybe that information you had before was incorrect.

anything is possible, swaying is ever changing.  however just a quick search before running to work I found these:

http://www.ehow.com/about_5347659_foods-naturally-increase-testosterone.html

http://www.pegym.com/forums/exercise-health-forum/7413-pecker-diet.html

dddd ds
My IG Blog.................... 7 Sway Factors: Diet, pH, Minerals, Hormones,
Swaying E-book .............................Ions, Supplements and Timing
...........................................................They are all linked together
Other diets:

need some blue!!!

Joined 5-Jan-09

Top Poster
19-May-10 2:16 pm

The e-how link looks legit.  The first link indicates that an intake of potassium can increase female testosterone.

This is interesting:

found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytoestrogens

Males

The use of phytoestrogens (as soy protein) in fast food meals and other processed foods as a low-cost substitute for meat products may lead to excessive consumption of isoflavonoids by fast food eaters. A research team at the Queen's University in Belfast, in a review article, speculate that such intake may lead to a slight decrease in male fertility, including a decrease in reproductive capability if isoflavones are taken in excess during childhood.[21]

In theory, exposure to high levels of phytoestrogens in males could alter their hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis. However, studies have shown that such a hormonal effect is minor.[22] Isoflavones supplementation has no effect on sperm concentration, count or motility, and show no changes in testicular or ejaculate volume.[23][24]"

Looks like phytoestrogens don't have an effect on sperm.  Found something else interesting:

http://www.dietaryfiberfood.com/phytoestrogens.php

Working as estrogen mimics, phytoestrogens may either have the same effects as estrogen or block estrogen's effects. Which effect the phytoestrogen produces can depend on the dose of the phytoestrogen. The phytoestrogen can act like estrogen at low doses but block estrogen at high doses. Estrogen activates a family of proteins called estrogen receptors. Recent studies have shown that phytoestrogens interact more with some members of the estrogen receptor family, but more information is needed about how these receptors work, especially in breast cancer. Finally, phytoestrogens acting as estrogen mimics may affect the production and/or the breakdown of estrogen by the body, as well as the levels of estrogen carried in the bloodstream.

So if a man has high doses of phytoestrogen, it can block estrogen.  Hmmmm.....so if a man is going to have phytoestrogens, he needs to eat a lot to sway boy?  I think I understand now.  Happy ROFL  I think I just confirmed something in-gender already told me.

Joined 8-Feb-09

Top Poster
19-May-10 2:44 pm

There is just soooo much conflicting information out there. And what works a certain way for a man may not work that way for a women. Doh!

Baby Boy 2009

Page: of 2