Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

What's the deal with elective ultrasound places?

Joined 28-Jul-07

Top Poster
27-Oct-07 9:17 am

I have never had an ultrasound with one of those elective places- I think they became popular in 2005 when I was PG with my 3rd son??? What kind of price ranges are normal, and how soon can they accurately determine gender?

Baby Boy 6 Baby Boy 4 Baby Boy 1 Baby Boy A little surprise (gender unknown) due in July...

Court & Zach :)

Joined 9-Nov-05

Top Poster
27-Oct-07 9:35 am

i went with both zach and courtney.  i paid for the cheapy package just to find out what courtney was (that was about 75, i think?) and then when she was 28 weeks i paid 200 and got face shots.  it was cool.  and YES they can tell you with great accuracy in my opinion!!!

Anissa :)

Baby GirlAshley 17

Baby BoyAndy 14

Baby BoyJordan 13

Baby BoyZachary 4

Baby GirlCourtney 3

Joined 26-Sep-06

Top Poster
27-Oct-07 10:43 am

I did the same as nissy, paid around $75 to determine gender at 16 weeks, and for a couple of pictures (That is the earliest that they would do it where I went). I paid $225 at 35 weeks for face shots and a DVD.

Joined 26-Sep-07

27-Oct-07 10:50 am

Do this kind of US places have qualified/certified technicians? Is that places are qualified for doing U/S to know when we ovalute, do anyone have any Idea

Joined 26-Sep-06

Top Poster
27-Oct-07 11:37 am

Roopa:

Do this kind of US places have qualified/certified technicians? Is that places are qualified or doing US to know when we ovalute, do anyone have any Idea

They are qualified, but can only determine gender. These types of u/s are not for detecting abnormalities or determining ovulation prior to pregnancy. They are strictly for fun, to be able to see your baby and get pictures as a memento.

Joined 28-Jul-07

Top Poster
27-Oct-07 12:27 pm

Ok, so I checked out a local place online ( the only place I know of around here) and they don't want to check gender until 19 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's 3d, 4d I believe. Why don't they feel confident until 19 weeks? My doc does hers at 20, and that's just with a regular 2d........I would think that if this place wants to make money, they would do it sooner.......and what is up with the people who find out ( vaginally) at 12 weeks? I have a friend who found out at 12 weeks through her RE........It frustrates me so much! I had a unplanned 13 week sonogram with #4, and there was no way we could have seen gender. His lower half was all fuzzy........But I bet she could have guessed if she had done it vaginally.....

Baby Boy 6 Baby Boy 4 Baby Boy 1 Baby Boy A little surprise (gender unknown) due in July...

Joined 26-Sep-06

Top Poster
27-Oct-07 12:31 pm

2D is actually more accurate for determining gender than 3D is. Weird, but that's what they told me when I had mine done. Some places can switch between the two.

Jojo

Joined 1-Aug-06

Top Poster
27-Oct-07 2:11 pm

Most places won't say anything before 20 weeks.  Where I live they won't tell you before 25 weeks.  I traveled to another state to have mine done at 16 weeks.  You just have to look around. 

Good luck

Mom to 4 beautiful children and 3 angel babies Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby GirlBaby Boy
Heartbroken March 2011  Heartbroken June 2011 Heartbroken November 2011 lost our baby Baby Bear Boy at 18 weeksSad

Preggo again! Due 12-25-13

Joined 22-Apr-06

Top Poster
27-Oct-07 6:11 pm

I paid $89 but she gave me a bit of a discount since I drove 3 hours to get there. You need to ask, though, because they are not all certified techs.....there were two different places I checked into and only one (the more expensive one) had a licensed technician doing the u/s. It may depend on state regulations.....?

I went in at 19 weeks. They recommend 26 or more so you can get a good face shot when the baby has got some fat on him/her, but I think a lot of places will do gender with high accuracy at about 18.

Joined 8-Jun-07

28-Oct-07 11:14 am

I GOOGLED 3D U/S AND FOUND FETAL PHOTOS.  THEY CAN TELL YOU THE CLOSEST ONE.  I ALSO GOT $10.00 OFF CUZ I MENTIONED THEIR NAME.  IT IS WORTH A SHOT! (MINE WAS AT 16 WEEKS!)

ALLIGUS-  YOUR AVATAR IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE PICTURES!!!  HE DOES GREAT WORK HUH?  LOVE IT!! 

melanie momof3sons cole 01 max 03 ike 05 and a beautiful girl Gretta 2/08
Surprise baby due 10/3/14!
Page: of 1