Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

what do you use for diaper cream?

Joined 19-May-08

Top Poster
6-May-10 7:35 pm

I rarely have to use diaper cream.. but when I do I love CJ's BUTTer.  I was using the unscented, but I just order the sampler that has like 8 different scents in it.  Yum!!  They all smell soooo good.  And they're safe to use on cloth diapers without a liner.  Oh, and it works awesome too.  At the first sight of redness, I put some on and he's not red anymore within hours of applying it.

I also use California baby cream when I run out of BUTTer.  

Here is a link that shows which creams are cloth diaper safe.

http://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.com/diaperrashcreams.htm

What type do you use?

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby BoyBaby Girl

Joined 9-Dec-08

Top Poster
6-May-10 7:48 pm

I haven't used any since DD was in sposies, then it was Desitin. If N gets red, I sprinkle some corn starch on his bottom, and problem solved.

Baby Boy '00 Baby Boy '02 Baby Boy '04 Baby Girl '06 Baby Boy '09 UC Baby Girl '12 UC 12/13

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~ Winston Churchill

"Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches." ~ Andy Warhol

Sara

Joined 3-May-07

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

6-May-10 7:49 pm

I love A+D.

ETA, sorry, didn't realize where the question was posted!Embarrassed

Previously FiveHappyChildren

Sara ~~ Proud mommy to01 04 05 07 09

Steve (DH ) and our Abigail 09-18-13!
Our family is complete!

Joined 21-Aug-09

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

6-May-10 7:50 pm
PLAIN ol cooking CORN STARCH...it's magic=) LOL

www.ourmicrosortstory.blogspot.com             www.newbornlovenursery.blogspot.com

photo f2_zps6be40389.jpg

Joined 9-Dec-08

Top Poster
6-May-10 7:51 pm

FiveHappyChildren:
ETA, sorry, didn't realize where the question was posted!

We don't mind...just be warned, we have been known to convert mamas to clothHappy Wink

Baby Boy '00 Baby Boy '02 Baby Boy '04 Baby Girl '06 Baby Boy '09 UC Baby Girl '12 UC 12/13

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~ Winston Churchill

"Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches." ~ Andy Warhol

Joined 19-May-08

Top Poster
6-May-10 7:52 pm

Classic_Movie_Queen"]

[quote user="FiveHappyChildren:

ETA, sorry, didn't realize where the question was posted![/quote] 

We don't mind...just be warned, we have been known to convert mamas to clothHappy Wink

it's true..

Joined 19-May-08

Top Poster
6-May-10 7:54 pm

corn starch huh...  now I'm going to have to look up what is so magic about corn starch, lol.

Sara

Joined 3-May-07

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

6-May-10 7:55 pm

LOL!Happy LMAO I will come  to you girls for my next childKiss

Previously FiveHappyChildren

Sara ~~ Proud mommy to01 04 05 07 09

Steve (DH ) and our Abigail 09-18-13!
Our family is complete!

Photography Mommy

Joined 5-Feb-08

Top Poster
6-May-10 7:57 pm

ThreeLittleCubs"]

[quote user="Classic_Movie_Queen"]

[quote user="FiveHappyChildren:

ETA, sorry, didn't realize where the question was posted![/quote] 

[/quote] 

it's true..

Happy Giggle 

On the note of the OP- I haven't used diaper cream yet. I'm so used to seeing her sensitive skin turn red and ouchy that we just let it pass, it's usually gone before too long...and back again. It's gotten TONS better with cloth, but redness is still there once in a while. Oh, and this should be pinned. Totally beneficial to anyone who might encounter a need and not know what is "safe" on cloth.

?~ I found my soulmate online ~?

Gone at 17.5weeks ; Little boy Jacey- Forever in my heart

Joined 28-Jan-08

Top Poster
6-May-10 8:00 pm

CJ's Butter

Baby Boy 11/30/2002 Baby Boy 7/25/2005 Baby Boy 8/1/2008 and Baby Boy 8/19/2010 - failed sway
Heartbroken 2/2007 and 8/2007

Photography Mommy

Joined 5-Feb-08

Top Poster
6-May-10 8:02 pm

Oh, and I also use cornstarch if needed. It really  helps steal the moisture away from the bum and bam! I even use it on myself. Geeked

?~ I found my soulmate online ~?

Gone at 17.5weeks ; Little boy Jacey- Forever in my heart

Joined 19-Dec-08

Top Poster
6-May-10 9:58 pm

Die hard Otopia fan here. We also use coconut oil and it works wonders as well

proud mommy of 2 sweet girlies and rocking this little rainbow. YAY team green

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Joined 4-Apr-08

Top Poster
7-May-10 10:38 am

DEFINITELY pin this! I had no idea there was ANY rash cream safe for CDs! I've been using disposables when I need to use rash cream (we're on Desitin Maximum Strength now). I'm hesitant to try anything else because DS flipped out when I ran out of Desitin and used Johnson & Johnson cream. You would have thought I was torturing him. I think his skin is going to be really sensitive. I'll try cornstarch on our next diaper change though...

Baby Girl'03 Baby Girl'05 Heartbroken'08 Heartbroken'09  Baby Boy '10 after 14 months of swaying

Joined 12-Apr-10

10-May-10 7:27 am

I loooove magic stick.  Redness goes away right away, and I love that I don't have to get anything on my hands:)

warning: may contain fuck

Joined 21-Jun-09

Top Poster
16-May-10 12:43 am

Angel baby bottom balm.  I put it on at the hint of redness, and it's usually cleared up in a few hours.  I'll probably pick up some coconut oil soon... I've heard a lot of people say it works great.

Page: of 2