What is your favorite style of home...POLL

Joined 21-Aug-09

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

3-May-10 8:34 am

Just wondering what everyone's favorite style of home isHappy

[Poll]

www.ourmicrosortstory.blogspot.com             www.newbornlovenursery.blogspot.com

photo f2_zps6be40389.jpg

Joined 30-Apr-09

Top Poster
3-May-10 9:41 am

I love Victorians. But ughh the old character homes are never ending work!

Joined 21-Jan-09

Top Poster
3-May-10 12:46 pm

Craftsman (on land).  I like having everything brand new and we can change things as we go along without having to remodel everything.  If I could have my house on more land it would be perfect (and an extra bedroom).

Hugs VioletBaby GirlHugs VioletBaby BoyHugs VioletBaby GirlHugs Violet

Cate

Joined 15-Feb-10

Top Poster
3-May-10 1:11 pm

I voted town house, only because of the space we need/like, our budget, where we live etc etc - I would love to have a house/farm in the country, with ponies and chickens etc, but we'll never have that kind of money, unless we win the lottery!!  Happy ROFL

Baby Bear Girl Paige 14/6/02  Baby Bear BoyOliver 5/6/05  Baby Bear GirlLucy 15/5/10

Joined 21-Aug-09

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

3-May-10 1:17 pm
This may be silly, but ONE day i would love to build our home from scratch=) As a little girl i would clip out photos of things in a home i like. I want lots of windows, molding, i could go on. Once in a blue moon i'll google things..such as today when i typed in Cape Cod and came across this photo. I LOVE this window and the stairs...it's perfect! In 20 years i'm going to hand all these photo's i've saved over to an architect and let him put the pieces of my puzzle together:)
Full-size image

www.ourmicrosortstory.blogspot.com             www.newbornlovenursery.blogspot.com

photo f2_zps6be40389.jpg

Joined 21-Aug-09

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

3-May-10 1:18 pm
and i love this sinks (think it's called a farm sink?) Just realized this kitchen is on the 2nd floor...that's odd and i don't care for that.
Full-size image

photo f2_zps6be40389.jpg

Tara

Joined 15-Jul-09

Top Poster
3-May-10 1:57 pm

I LOVE Cape Cod beach house.. Closest I got was living in New Hampshire lol but my husband lived on Cape Cod and I am so jealous! I love Soft blues and white with nautical things around the house...

Baby Girl Emily- 12/01/09  Sad Flower Bitty Baby- lost 09/18/08 @ 10w's due to Subchorionic Hematoma

Tom and Tara Married 09/18/04

Joined 21-Aug-09

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

3-May-10 2:00 pm
OHHHH i love these photos too=) YES light blue is the color we use inside our house...LOVE IT! Here's 2 photo's of our tri plex on base.
Full-size image

photo f2_zps6be40389.jpg

Joined 21-Aug-09

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

3-May-10 2:01 pm
The only thing i can't stay true to with the cape cod theme is all the white....b/c it's not practical with my monsters! So we went with dark furniture.
Full-size image

photo f2_zps6be40389.jpg

Rebecca F.

Joined 6-Jul-07

Top Poster
3-May-10 2:05 pm

Partyof6:

I love Victorians. But ughh the old character homes are never ending work!

This!!   I love old victorian homes.  I wouldn't want one, because I have never met anyone that lived in one that didn't describe it as a money pit... but they are so so beautiful. 

Rebecca

Mommy to: 10 year old Baby Boy, 4 year oldBaby Girl , 3 year old Baby Girl, Due 5/23/13 with Baby Girl

Joined 16-Sep-07

Top Poster
3-May-10 2:06 pm

Anything new!   My house was built in the late 80's and it is a tutor style.   So it has a "castle" like appearance.  I remember when they built it (I was living close by) and thought it looked like the Adam's Family house.    I was scared to walk by.   Some how (Darn, DH and his motivating-talk-me-into-crap-speeches) I ended up living here!

Joined 16-Oct-07

Top Poster
3-May-10 2:21 pm

I also love the colonial homes! DH's grandparents live in a small town called Paris, MO (there's only one stop light there, and its just red lol) but there are tons of old homes like this that people sell cheap. When we were there recently I kept telling him I want one. He's handy- he did framing and was an electrician. He's also good with plumbing- I thought they were gorgeous!!!

Joined 28-Nov-09

3-May-10 2:22 pm

We live in a "modern" colonial house. I loved it when we moved in, definitely my ideal house. With four small boys tho, ugh, it's so tiring. And I'm still half terrified with the bigger boys upstairs. Originally we were just going to put them in the den.

Then everyone thought we were crazy for only using one floor of our house. We have a master bedroom downstairs, with an office we use as a nursery, because of convenience. However, we have three largely empty rooms upstairs. So we jumped the gun and put them up there. 

A ranch house sounds so nice and centralized.

Baby BoyTwins- Ian Matthew and James Lawson 2006

Baby BoyTwins- Bryce Samuel and Connor Nathaniel- April 1st 2010

Joined 10-Dec-06

Top Poster
3-May-10 2:24 pm

Whatever this kind is...  I Heart dormer windows!!!!!!!

pg with my last

Joined 31-Oct-08

Top Poster
3-May-10 3:30 pm

MyBlessings:
and i love this sinks (think it's called a farm sink?)

that's an apron sink.   I love them too.  Have that picked out for my dream house.

Swaying did not work for me Baby GirlBaby GirlBaby Girl

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Page: of 3