Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

My Consultation with Dr. P is next Thursday!!!

Work your magic Dr. P!!!

Joined 21-Mar-09

Top Poster
29-Apr-10 8:49 pm

What can I expect on the first visit? Should I bring my charts?

His Baby Girl Madelyn (10) ~  Mine Baby Girl Ashley (17) Baby Boy Austin (12) ~ Ours hopefully a Baby Boy in 2011Hearts 

CP Heartbroken 2009/2 Failed IUI's 2010

IVF/PGD cycle @ HRC Pray Started stims 11/29.

ER 12/11 - 13 eggs, 7 mature/5 maybe 6 fertilized, ET xnld no viable embryos...Sad

Daniel Potter

Joined 7-Feb-07

11-May-10 3:13 pm

GinaL:

What can I expect on the first visit? Should I bring my charts?

Any medical records that you might have are always helpful. 
Dr. Daniel Potter, MD, FACOG Huntington Reproductive Center

Work your magic Dr. P!!!

Joined 21-Mar-09

Top Poster
12-May-10 7:04 pm

Thanks Dr. P but I already saw you last Thursday and gave them to you. You might remember me and my husband Mark. I'm the 42 y.o. TTC our first child together. We both have kids from previous marriages and we saw you at the Fullerton office. Anyway, I'm excited about working with you and your staff to get this baby making underway!

His Baby Girl Madelyn (10) ~  Mine Baby Girl Ashley (17) Baby Boy Austin (12) ~ Ours hopefully a Baby Boy in 2011Hearts 

ER 12/11 - 13 eggs, 7 mature/5 maybe 6 fertilized, ET xnld no viable embryos...Sad

Daniel Potter

Joined 7-Feb-07

17-May-10 3:08 pm

GinaL:

Thanks Dr. P but I already saw you last Thursday and gave them to you. You might remember me and my husband Mark. I'm the 42 y.o. TTC our first child together. We both have kids from previous marriages and we saw you at the Fullerton office. Anyway, I'm excited about working with you and your staff to get this baby making underway!

I am really looking forward to helping you and Mark out!!!

Work your magic Dr. P!!!

Joined 21-Mar-09

Top Poster
17-May-10 8:09 pm

I'm excited about it too.....Happy Smile

Daniel Potter

Joined 7-Feb-07

1-Jun-10 3:43 pm

GinaL:

I'm excited about it too.....Happy Smile

perfect CCCT!

Work your magic Dr. P!!!

Joined 21-Mar-09

Top Poster
1-Jun-10 3:54 pm

Thanks Dr.Potter.

I'm still waiting for Maria to call me with your plan for us but maybe she hasn't had a chance to talk to you yet. Does Clomid upset your stomach because my tummy has been upset since CD9 and last day of CCCT? Confused

Daniel Potter

Joined 7-Feb-07

1-Jun-10 4:35 pm

GinaL:

Thanks Dr.Potter.

I'm still waiting for Maria to call me with your plan for us but maybe she hasn't had a chance to talk to you yet. Does Clomid upset your stomach because my tummy has been upset since CD9 and last day of CCCT? Confused

It usually does not upset your stomach. You may have a large group of eggs with the clomid.  This could cause some discomfort.  I will be meeting with Maria tomorrow and she should be back with you after that.   I hope that you feel better.

Work your magic Dr. P!!!

Joined 21-Mar-09

Top Poster
1-Jun-10 4:49 pm

Maria just called me about a half hour ago and said you suggested IUI/Injectables or IVF/ICSI. She said with IUI we will only have about a 10-15% chance of gettng pregnant and with IVF it would be 35-40%. That is such a huge difference. Is it because of my hubby's morphology only being 4% or because of my age (over 40)? I thought with injectables the percentage might be a little higher for IUI.

As for the Clomid - I think you are right because I ovulated yesterday and it was the most painful ovulation I have ever had. I hope I don't get PG with twins from it. Yikes!!!

Daniel Potter

Joined 7-Feb-07

2-Jun-10 6:22 pm
GinaL:

Maria just called me about a half hour ago and said you suggested IUI/Injectables or IVF/ICSI. She said with IUI we will only have about a 10-15% chance of gettng pregnant and with IVF it would be 35-40%. That is such a huge difference. Is it because of my hubby's morphology only being 4% or because of my age (over 40)? I thought with injectables the percentage might be a little higher for IUI.

As for the Clomid - I think you are right because I ovulated yesterday and it was the most painful ovulation I have ever had. I hope I don't get PG with twins from it. Yikes!!!

The iui peg rate is a combination of the two. The IVF pregnancy rate is not influenced by your husband's morphology in your case.
Page: of 1