Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Can blood pressure be too low?

me if you can!

Joined 9-Aug-09

Top Poster
28-Apr-10 9:27 am
I'm wondering if blood pressure can have any effect of TTC? It doesn't sound like a big problem, but my blood pressure has always been fairly low. To the extent that every time a doctor or nurse takes it they ask if that's normal for me, and wonder if they screwed it up? My BP is generally 100/70 but lately it's been dipping even lower, like 96/65. My doc said last time it should be fine as long as I'm not fainting or anything, and I always just thought, well at least it's better than high blood pressure! I don't know why it's so low though, I'm not a manic exerciser or anything. I try to get about 30 min in 5 days a week, but that doesn't always happen, so could it be related to something bad? And could the low BP or whatever it may be caused by hurt my chances of TTC?

Heartbroken - 8.5 weeks 2006, Baby Boy - 2007, Baby Boy - 2012 2+ years of TTC, but you were worth the wait!

Joined 17-Feb-10

Top Poster
28-Apr-10 9:33 am

iv always had really low blood pressure even throuout pregnancy im mostly 90/60 sometimes a little higer but always in the 90's/60's

iv only had 1 nurse comment on it during my last pregnancy because she was on a fresh page and she said its very low!!! i told her to flick bk thru my notes and she saw that it is consistantly low and seemed fine after seeing its normal for me

iv gotten pregnant 5 times in the last 5 years so it has had no impact on fertility for me xxx

Baby Girl2005Baby Girl2006Baby Girl2008Baby Girl2009Baby Boy2010........Baby Bear Boy due 25th june...........both blue sways worked

me if you can!

Joined 9-Aug-09

Top Poster
28-Apr-10 10:02 am
Good to hear. I think mine is normal for me, and probably genetic. My mom always had 90's/60's when she was younger too. Not sure what it is now, but it seems like it runs in my family. I was just curious because everyone that takes it always seems to be surprised, but no one ever says why.

Heartbroken - 8.5 weeks 2006, Baby Boy - 2007, Baby Boy - 2012 2+ years of TTC, but you were worth the wait!

Joined 17-Feb-10

Top Poster
28-Apr-10 10:28 am

my oh is on blood pressure tabs for high blood pressure and always says how unfair it is thats hes the one who has to take them and not me cuz he is really good food and excercise wise, im awful i adore salt, never excercise (except for general running around after 4 kids 4 and under) drink a ton of coffee......my step mums a nurse and is always saying its going to catch up on me!! we will see hope not i dont wanna give up the salt lol.......i find it amazing that i have 4 girls really...just goes to prove u really do need all 7 sway factors

Baby Girl2005Baby Girl2006Baby Girl2008Baby Girl2009Baby Boy2010........Baby Bear Boy due 25th june...........both blue sways worked

Joined 11-Feb-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

28-Apr-10 10:31 am

If it drops any lower than that for you then I would probably ask about it.  That blood pressure isn't to low but if it low for you then that is what makes a difference.  My mom has a BP of around 80/55 or 80/60 and it has always been like that but if I had that low of a BP then well I would probably be dead.  LOL!

Some time, Some day

Joined 7-Jul-09

Top Poster
28-Apr-10 10:40 am

Talking of blood pressure, I was just in at the school nurse on Monday morning because i was really a little dizzy when i stood up from sitting on the carpet, I asked her if its normal to get dizzy, She checked my B/P it was 108/57... i dont fully understand B/P But i know the second number is beats per min, She said it was very low and told me to drink coffee. As for the other number. :/ i dont know what it means.  

Visit my blog for updates - http://journey2dfuture.wordpress.com/

Joined 11-Feb-08

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

28-Apr-10 10:50 am

Winterdreams:
i dont fully understand B/P But i know the second number is beats per min
It is definitely not beats per minute.  It is systolic (top number) and diastolic (bottom number).

me if you can!

Joined 9-Aug-09

Top Poster
28-Apr-10 11:21 am
Michaela:
 If it drops any lower than that for you then I would probably ask about it.  That blood pressure isn't to low but if it low for you then that is what makes a difference.  My mom has a BP of around 80/55 or 80/60 and it has always been like that but if I had that low of a BP then well I would probably be dead.  LOL!
Well and see that's kind of what's maker me wonder about this....it seems to be getting ever lower. I went to the doc a couple weeks ago and it was just after I'd had a run, and I ran up the stairs to get to his office not to be late. Well he said hey I haven't taken your BP in a while, lets take it, and I was thinking, well for once it will probably be normal. And no it was low 90's/60. So I guess even a run doesn't bring it up! But I have no idea what could possible cause it to go lower, I'm not on the girl diet, so it's not because I've changed my diet or anything. I guess that's another thing to add to my list of questions for him next time I see him!

Lucy

Joined 13-Feb-09

Top Poster
28-Apr-10 3:33 pm

Catch, there are many causes for low BP, and if yours is lower than usual, I would suggest hydrating well. Low volume/dehydration is a leading cause of low BP. A good way to test is if your heart rate is faster than usual, then it could be your heart rate trying to keep up with not enough fluid (not dangerous at all, don't worry) Another test of low fluid volume is if you get up from lying or sitting, and are dizzy easily. Drink more fluids, and see if that helps. Also you could try a sports drink with electrolytes and calories like gatorade to better hold onto fluids, especially after you work out. I would not worry unless you are really lightheaded or faint. Otherwise it is an okay BP.

Page: of 1