Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

has anyone else experienced their unborn baby have a really fast heart rate?

Joined 30-Nov-09

Top Poster
27-Apr-10 6:24 am

Hiya, I am currently 36+4 weeks pregnant, last friday I had a big bleed (bright red fresh blood) with a couple of clots- I went to be assessed and they confirmed the bleeding was in fact a "show" and that my mucus plug had begun to come away, my cervix was still quite thick but she could fit her finger tip in and said I am about 2cm dialated...........they put me on the monitor and the babys heart rate was averaging at 175, but topping 200 at reguler intervals !!! The midwife said a babys healthy heart beat should be averaging between 135-160 and was wondering why the heart rate was sooooooooo fast !!! she put it down to me being stressed as my pulse was slightly fast and that I was transferring my stress to the baby.

I was then seen yestarday at a consultant appointment and they listened in with the doppler and his heart rate was averaging at 180 !!! but this time I was pretty calm and my pulse was not raised.

They told me that they only have major concerns if the heart rate is too low? Confused but surely a heart rate that has always been between 135 and 150, should be a cause for concern for suddenly being so high and staying high?

I listened in my heart doppler this morning this morning and it is still really high? Confused Huh?

Baby Boy1993 Baby Boy1997 Baby Boy2006  Heartbroken2009 Heartbroken2009 Heartbroken2009  Baby Boy2010

Pray for all those trying to conceive

Heart my heart goes out to those who have misscarried

Agree good luck and hope you get your desired gender

Joined 30-Jan-08

Top Poster
27-Apr-10 6:36 am

yesh it happen to me first time I was stressed the second they ask if  I had have caffinee my bubs turned out fine

Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear BoyHeartbrokenBaby Bear Boy

Joined 19-Oct-09

Top Poster
27-Apr-10 6:48 am

twinkletoes:

Hiya, I am currently 36+4 weeks pregnant, last friday I had a big bleed (bright red fresh blood) with a couple of clots- I went to be assessed and they confirmed the bleeding was in fact a "show" and that my mucus plug had begun to come away, my cervix was still quite thick but she could fit her finger tip in and said I am about 2cm dialated...........they put me on the monitor and the babys heart rate was averaging at 175, but topping 200 at reguler intervals !!! The midwife said a babys healthy heart beat should be averaging between 135-160 and was wondering why the heart rate was sooooooooo fast !!! she put it down to me being stressed as my pulse was slightly fast and that I was transferring my stress to the baby.

I was then seen yestarday at a consultant appointment and they listened in with the doppler and his heart rate was averaging at 180 !!! but this time I was pretty calm and my pulse was not raised.

They told me that they only have major concerns if the heart rate is too low? Confused but surely a heart rate that has always been between 135 and 150, should be a cause for concern for suddenly being so high and staying high?

I listened in my heart doppler this morning this morning and it is still really high? Confused Huh?

HI HUN SORRY TOO HEAR U STILL GOING THROUGH IT ALLSad BLESS U, WHEN HAVE U TOO GO BACK? XXXXX

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby Boy + Baby BoyJaydon Ashton Kingsbury : 28/04/10

Joined 30-Nov-09

Top Poster
27-Apr-10 7:15 am

Hi Sammy, got to go back next Tuesday, will be 37+4.................I have been discharged from antinatal clinic and I am going to Antinatal day assesment ward for the consultant to come and check cervix with spectulum and Pray she doesn't go back on her word and induces me as originally planned at 38 weeks !!! Worried

Baby Boy1993 Baby Boy1997 Baby Boy2006  Heartbroken2009 Heartbroken2009 Heartbroken2009  Baby Boy2010

Joined 30-Nov-09

Top Poster
27-Apr-10 7:16 am

tanyagirl:

yesh it happen to me first time I was stressed the second they ask if  I had have caffinee my bubs turned out fine

I have cut caffeine out of my diet since about 14 weeks pregnant so caffeine can't be the cause of my babys heartbeat to be so fast? Confused Huh?

Joined 17-Jan-10

Top Poster
27-Apr-10 7:25 am
twinkletoes"]

[quote user="tanyagirl:

[/quote]

I have cut caffeine out of my diet since about 14 weeks pregnant so caffeine can't be the cause of my babys heartbeat to be so fast? Confused Huh?

Aww... twinkletoes... you are having as worrisome a time as I am this pregnancy.... You are almost there sweetie...... Then you can relax... LOL Well maybe not relax when you are up every few hours around the clock (haha) .... but at least this part of the worry will be over. SOON!!! Wishing you all the best.
GIrl '96, Girl "99, Boy '02, Tubal Ligation '02, IVF Oct '09, Baby Boy 7/10!!!!

Joined 21-Nov-09

Top Poster
27-Apr-10 7:26 am
180 is fine - anywhere between 120 and 180 I was told is fine - babies heart rate can change depending upon whether it's resting or active or you're having a BH or a contraction etc. I would only be concerned, if it were my baby, if the heartrate was over 190 for long, sustained periods of time, when the baby wasn't moving, I wasn't contracting (real or BH) and if I hadn't just eaten lots of sugar or had caffiene..

I bet everything's just fine..

Joined 19-Oct-09

Top Poster
27-Apr-10 7:59 am

twinkletoes:

Hi Sammy, got to go back next Tuesday, will be 37+4.................I have been discharged from antinatal clinic and I am going to Antinatal day assesment ward for the consultant to come and check cervix with spectulum and Pray she doesn't go back on her word and induces me as originally planned at 38 weeks !!! Worried

hi hun xxxxx bless u, will be thinkin of u , loads of luvLove Ya! xxxxx god such a worrying time for us girls ehhhh, glad when all these babs are delivered safe and well, its certainly keeping all us ladies on our toes, going for a walk try and get this little boy outttttttttttttttttttt, tons of pains but no baba, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXLove Ya!

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby Boy + Baby BoyJaydon Ashton Kingsbury : 28/04/10

Joined 3-Mar-09

Top Poster
27-Apr-10 8:26 am
http://community.babycenter.com/post/a9514975/very_high_fetal_heart_rate?cpg=1&csi=2038172192&pd=-1

Read this, they say drink more water, or for this woman it was ovarian cyst, andfetal distress, id go back to the docs x

Joined 30-Nov-09

Top Poster
27-Apr-10 9:12 am

rheinhessen:
180 is fine - anywhere between 120 and 180 I was told is fine - babies heart rate can change depending upon whether it's resting or active or you're having a BH or a contraction etc. I would only be concerned, if it were my baby, if the heartrate was over 190 for long, sustained periods of time, when the baby wasn't moving, I wasn't contracting (real or BH) and if I hadn't just eaten lots of sugar or had caffiene..

I bet everything's just fine..

The heart rate won't go lower than 180, and that is when the baby is'nt moving, I haven't drank caffeine etc and it wasn't when I was contracting Worried

Joined 30-Nov-09

Top Poster
27-Apr-10 9:16 am

loopylou:
http://community.babycenter.com/post/a9514975/very_high_fetal_heart_rate?cpg=1&csi=2038172192&pd=-1

Read this, they say drink more water, or for this woman it was ovarian cyst, andfetal distress, id go back to the docs x

I can't seem to get link working? I have rang my community midwife and she just told me to stop worrying !!! [:'(]

warning: may contain fuck

Joined 21-Jun-09

Top Poster
27-Apr-10 9:17 am

I have.  I was in the hospital for a week due to a blood clot.  The sent someone down to an NST once a shift.  Since I had so many (which was so obnoxious), I've had really high and really low.   They were concerned when it was low and he "failed" a few... but I just kept telling them it's because ds wasn't active around that time of day.. and later he would pass.  It took three days of telling them this until they finally saw the pattern and listened to me.  Babies are just like us... their heart rate depends on what they are doing (resting, or doing little baby acrobatics Happy Giggle).  He was very high while active, and pretty low while resting.

He's a happy and healthy little guy!

Just stay calm, drinks lots of water, and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy Hearts

Cate

Joined 15-Feb-10

Top Poster
27-Apr-10 4:58 pm

twinkletoes"]

[quote user="loopylou:

Read this, they say drink more water, or for this woman it was ovarian cyst, andfetal distress, id go back to the docs x[/quote]

I can't seem to get link working? I have rang my community midwife and she just told me to stop worrying !!! [:'(]

Not long to go babe - hopefully, while you're seeing Consultant next week they will finally do something - these bloody MW's are driving me mad too....seem very disinterested!  I got told the same when I commented that I had lost almost half a stone in weight in my last month, and that my bump hasn't grown in about 6 weeks.....She just didn't give a .....  Sad

Fingers x'd you just have a baby with a quicker than av heart rate, and that nothing to worry about - sure things will settle - prob just baby reacting to the stress ur under - all the pain n probs you've been having Sad  Babs will be ok - end is in sight xxxx

Baby Bear Girl Paige 14/6/02  Baby Bear BoyOliver 5/6/05  Baby Bear GirlLucy 15/5/10

Joined 30-Jan-08

Top Poster
27-Apr-10 7:02 pm

hi i remembered with DS1 the midwife said that it also can be a sign bubs is ready to come out soon as well when I had my NST mine at times went up to 200 but they still werent that concern I think it is worse if it is too low . MIne baby heart rate change all the time from 130 too the 180 the mids said that was fine but I was worried

Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear BoyHeartbrokenBaby Bear Boy

Page: of 1