Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Why does our trampoline make the kids feet black?

MMMMargaritas

Joined 6-May-06

Top Poster
18-Oct-07 4:22 pm

We bought a big outside trampoline from one of our neighbors and every time the kids jump on it their socks are black and sometimes their clothes? Anyone know what causes this? Or how I can treat it so it stops doing this? I had a trampoline as a kid and ours didn't do this? I'm just clueless about it!

Wendy Baby Boy Daniel 05/97 Baby Boy Justin 10/99 Baby Girl Alayna Faith 05/07 Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Joined 21-Jul-05

Forum Leader
18-Oct-07 5:07 pm

I dunno... ours doesn't do that, but we just bought it 4 months ago.  Was the trampoline previously under trees?  I know some kinds of tree can drip stuff on your roof that makes it black. 

Mom to And Microsort/IUI twins!

Au 79

Joined 25-Sep-06

Top Poster
18-Oct-07 8:43 pm
we dont have one... so i really have no clue. but maybe the previous owners always had the kids wear sunblock or some other type of lotion that might coat things and then cause a chemical reaction where the color comes off??? just guessing?
RQ~ 8, err... i mean 32 Baby Bear Boy,Baby Bear Girl,Baby Bear Boy: you'd better recognize!

http://www.ingender.com/cs/forums/p/7093/54561.aspx#54561 here is the link to my TBM success story for #2! I went on to do the same for #3 and added ions/diet/low sodium/etc... #3 is my beautiful baby boy! does swaying actually sway???

hoping for BFPs for all my IG girls!..... lets see those second lines!!!

Bump it B!tches! you know you want to!

a friend will help you move. a good friend will help you move a body.~ anon

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning. -Catherine-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies. (Unknown)

Most postinest poster

Joined 9-Jan-06

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

18-Oct-07 9:24 pm

wendyrn:

We bought a big outside trampoline from one of our neighbors and every time the kids jump on it their socks are black and sometimes their clothes? Anyone know what causes this? Or how I can treat it so it stops doing this? I had a trampoline as a kid and ours didn't do this? I'm just clueless about it!

Google says:.  I went on a textile website that had this very question posted.  They contacted the makers of the trampoline and the makers of the material used on the trampoline.  Turns out this black rubbing off stuff is common- it is a result of the material breaking down over time, do to the exposure to the elements.  And there is no way to stop it- not washing it with soap and water- nothing.

ddddds

MMMMargaritas

Joined 6-May-06

Top Poster
19-Oct-07 7:59 am

Thank YOU Tamara!

I knew our trampoline growing up never did this! And the neighbors did have it under a tree so I thought Maureen was right on about the tree sap dripping on it!!

That's okay the kids still have a great time jumping, I'll just have to remember NOT to let them after we dress to go somewhere!!!!!!!!!!

I can just see them in their church clothes now and me yelling "Come on we're going to be late" and them racing to the car with their Black clothes and Feet!!!!

Wendy Baby Boy Daniel 05/97 Baby Boy Justin 10/99 Baby Girl Alayna Faith 05/07 Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Joined 23-Apr-13

23-Apr-13 1:08 pm
Not sure if you're still having trouble but try coating your trampoline with car wax for your car this should prevent the oxidizing.
Page: of 1