Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Unique situation with my DH and his brother...

Bethany

Joined 22-Jan-08

22-Mar-10 10:24 pm

So MIL (mother-in-law) only had two sons - my DH and his brother (from now on referred to as BIL - brother-in-law).

My Dh and I have five sons.
Tonight BIL and his wife just announced that they are PG with their fourth daughter.

It seems weird huh? That MIL is going to have nine grandchildren - four girls and five boys but the girls are all from one son and the boys are all from the other son.

I know BIL really wanted a son, and his wife said she did too - but then said that she wanted a girl because that's all she knows basically.
But its kind of sad ya know? All the cousins are opposites. The boys don't have any other boy cousins and the girls dont' have any girl cousins (from Dh and I that is...BIL's wife has a niece from her sister).  Sometimes its hard to relate to them as well because it seems like we're in totally different worlds. They don't get the wrestling, bug hunting, etc things that the boys do. And we don't get the things they do with the girls sometimes. We both need to be balanced out. lol

I think ever having a daughter is hopeless. I need to just used to the idea. lol I laugh now...but it's not going to be such an easy pill to swallow when we have our last child in another couple years. uggh

~*~Bethany~*~
Lucky mom to five boys
Baby Boy 1999, Baby Boy 2002, Baby Boy 2004, Heartbroken 2006, Baby Boy 2007, Heartbroken 2008,  Baby Boy 2009, Heartbroken 2011, Baby Girl due 2012
Finally a little princess to be spoiled by all my prince charmings

Visit my blog! http://luckymomof4.blogspot.com

BabyFetus Ticker

Joined 24-Feb-08

Top Poster
23-Mar-10 5:52 am

That's so interesting!!

I have 1 sister and 2 brothers that are married and having children. Up to now the girls of our family have only had daughters and the boys of our family have only had boys. SIL is pregnant right now and we are waiting to see if she's having a girl, (probably will because she could care less what she has). If she's carrying a girl it will break the pattern, if she's having a boy it will stay.

I would love to have a boy and we *might* try for a boy in a year or two, but I'm soooo afraid of having another girl, which is not a good place to be if I'm going to risk it through swaying!!

Usually online! Lol!

Joined 4-Jan-10

Top Poster
23-Mar-10 7:18 am
snipsnsnailsx5"]It seems weird huh? That MIL is going to have nine grandchildren - four girls and five boys but the girls are all from one son and the boys are all from the other son[/quote]Wow - yes, does seem weird!!! Do you think it's coincidence or perhaps there's more to it?! I am an only child and my BIL has no kids yet, but of all my friends - their families and that of their siblings all seem quite mixed! [quote user="snipsnsnailsx5:
I think ever having a daughter is hopeless.
Try to keep thinking positive (I know - far easier said than done) ...... you never know. All the very best to you - GL xxxx
Baby Boy '02Sad Flower '03 Baby Boy '08 (plus DSS and DSD) and longing for my own little Baby Girl 

Page: of 1