Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Leona made her way into this world with a rough start

?Mama of 5 beautiful babi

Joined 23-May-09

Top Poster
2-Mar-10 5:16 pm

First I would like to send out an apology to my Valentine Exchange person!! I was very time consumed with the birth of my daughter, and while I didn't forget, I couldn't get my gift out. 

I was scheduled for a c-section on Feb 9th, and on the 4th I got a phone call saying they moved my date to the 8th. While I was on the phone, my water broke. But I didn't know it was my water, I thought I peed myself!! I waited that whole day, just thinking that she kept kicking my bladder. At 2:15AM on the 5th, I felt a huge gush. At 6:10AM I finally found a ride (I don't have a vehicle), and I headed to the hospital. By 11:00AM they had me on the operating table, and my husband JUST made it, he cruised the through the doors just as they were about to start cutting. Leona was born at 11:51AM, and she was given a clean bill of health, despite her dwarfism. She latched on to feed very well, and I was healing well. We were sent home. We weren't even out of the hospital before she had a snuffly nose, and I was told it was left over mucus and stuff from the birth. We went back to the hospital a few days later, and they told me they wouldn't admit her because RSV was so rampant, it would be safer for her at home. So we went home. The next night I was getting ready to feed her and she turned blue. She couldn't breathe. I rushed her to the hospital and they told me she definately had bronchiolitis, possibly RSV. They sent us to Stratford. London was still full, wouldn't take us. Stratford took us and she tested positive for RSV. We were in there with a handfull of other children, all who went home after about 2 days time. A week went by and I started pushing for answers. I once again told them about the possibility of an immune deficiency, and they finally took me seriously. Sick Kids in Toronto was called and bloodwork began. Blood tests came back that she does in fact have an immune problem. We were then put in isolation. My pediatrician did not feel as though he were qualified enough, and wanted her sent to TO. Toronto wouldn't take us either, because THEY were full with RSV children. We had to get on a waiting list. I was so frustrated, she was turning blue daily, and no one would take us. So we stayed put in Stratford under the direction of Toronto. WELL we finally got released yesterday. She developed pnemonia, which she's still battling. She's still turning blue in the middle of the night, but they showed me how to get her breathing again. They said there was nothing they could do for her that I couldn't do. So once she could keep her oxygen saturation levels up we were sent home. Now we are home and are waiting more test results. Leona is here, I love her to pieces, but its been a bumpy ride!! Once I have internet in my home again, I will post pictures. If anyone would like to speak to me or msg me, you can email me at mislinz@yahoo.ca and I can get the email on my phone!!! I hope everyone is well, I can't wait to see some beautiful babies!! 

Good Luck CloverLoganGood Luck CloverKaidinGood Luck CloverJacobiHugs VioletLeonaPrayFlower

Joined 21-Jan-09

Top Poster
2-Mar-10 5:21 pm

What a heartbreaking story.  Congratulations on your daughter.  I can not imagine, as a mom, what you are feeling.  Having her stop breathing every day, no one to help you or give you answers, her being ill... I am just completely heartbroken and worried and praying for you and Leona.  Please keep us posted when you can and a million prayers and hugs from me!

Hugs VioletBaby GirlHugs VioletBaby BoyHugs VioletBaby GirlHugs Violet

Joined 9-Dec-08

Top Poster
2-Mar-10 5:22 pm

Sorry about the rough start! I hope she's better soon. Can't wait to see pics!

Baby Boy '00 Baby Boy '02 Baby Boy '04 Baby Girl '06 Baby Boy '09 UC Baby Girl '12 UC 12/13

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~ Winston Churchill

"Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches." ~ Andy Warhol

warning: may contain fuck

Joined 21-Jun-09

Top Poster
2-Mar-10 5:24 pm
Congrats on your baby girl!!  Wow, poor baby - that is such a rough start.  I can't imagine how scary that all must have been.  hope she gets better soon!

~for my 5 cuties~

Joined 23-Feb-08

Top Poster
2-Mar-10 5:28 pm

Oh no! That is horrible and terrifying. I am praying for you all and Congratulations on your new dd!Happy Celebrate

Hearts Momma to many precious children who are the loves of my life! Hearts 

Trying to heal through ex

Joined 10-Apr-08

Top Poster
2-Mar-10 5:55 pm

awww...poor thing...I was thinking about you and wondering how it went...are you enjoying your girl?

photo boybaby_zps21881503.gif(8)  photo boybaby_zps21881503.gif(6.5)  photo boybaby_zps21881503.gif(5.5)  photo babygirl_zps54e18b68.gif (4)

http://swlf.lilyslim.com/XFUzm5.png

?Mama of 5 beautiful babi

Joined 23-May-09

Top Poster
5-Mar-10 1:25 pm

Hi, thankyou for your prayers and well wishes!! We got some test results back, her immune system is functioning at 30%. All they could tell me is that its not serious enough to rush into a bone marrow transplant, and to keep her away from outside people as much as possible. I feel so rude telling people not to touch my baby, and no they can't hold her but I am not willing to risk her health. We go to Toronto on March 31st to re-evaluate her levels...more testing. Thankyou for your support, it means so much to me and our family!!

Good Luck CloverLoganGood Luck CloverKaidinGood Luck CloverJacobiHugs VioletLeonaPrayFlower

Joined 21-Jan-09

Top Poster
5-Mar-10 1:30 pm

:(  I'm sorry to hear that you got more bad news. I will continue to pray for her and pray you get some better answers soon.  (((HUGS)))

Hugs VioletBaby GirlHugs VioletBaby BoyHugs VioletBaby GirlHugs Violet

Enjoying new baby snuggle

Joined 26-Nov-08

7-Mar-10 3:57 am

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter Leona, what a lovely name Love Ya!

Sending you lots of hugs and positive thoughts, keep her snuggly tight and away from any germs. Hope she improves soon xxxx

Me:-  Baby Girl19 Baby Boy17 Baby Girl13        Us:-  Baby Boy7 Baby BoyBaby Girl 14 months

Joined 9-Dec-08

Top Poster
7-Mar-10 3:58 am

I'm sorry about the report on her immune system. Hoping that this is the last of the bad news, and things look up for Leona from here on.

Baby Boy '00 Baby Boy '02 Baby Boy '04 Baby Girl '06 Baby Boy '09 UC Baby Girl '12 UC 12/13

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~ Winston Churchill

"Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches." ~ Andy Warhol

Joined 10-Sep-08

Top Poster
7-Mar-10 4:29 am

Congratulations on your baby girl!Happy Celebrate  I'm sorry that she has had such a rough start.  It must be very frightening for you.  Your family is in my thoughts and Pray. Hearts

No longer an IG member

Joined 14-Dec-06

Top Poster
7-Mar-10 4:20 pm

Congratulations on your BABY GIRLBaby Bear GirlHappy Celebrate

So sorry for the rough time you have had and are still having Cant imagine how worrying it must be for you all I hope and Pray everything is ok

Congrats again on your special baby girl

xx

Please delete this profile no longer a member 

Joined 20-Feb-09

Top Poster
16-Mar-10 1:09 pm

God Bless you and and little Leona. I said a prayer for you.

Baby Bear Girlx5  expecting Baby Bear BoyJan. 30th

Joined 26-May-09

Top Poster
16-Mar-10 1:47 pm

Congrats on baby Leona and I really hope that you get answers and things get better for your little girl.

Baby Bear Boy 2002 Baby Bear Boy 2006 Baby Bear Boy 2008 Baby Bear Girl 2010  April 29th (my IG baby)

GONE TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH KIDS

Joined 26-Mar-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

17-Mar-10 12:42 pm

Congratulations on Leona's birth, and I am so sorry you and she have had such a rough time. I have been watching for you to post and hoping that everything was okay, but I somehow missed this until today. I hope you get some good answers soon to help her stay healthy.

Mom2RJA Baby Boy R, 2000 Baby Boy J, 2003 Baby Girl A, 2009 MS/IUI 10/2/07 at GIVF, natural cycle, 1 follicle, 94.7% sort purity, BFN MS/IUI 8/25/08 at HRC, Clomid + Ovidrel, 3 follicles, 92.99% sort purity, BFP!!! Beta #1 on 9/9 (15 dpo): 153, Beta #2 on 9/11 (17 dpo): 395 

mom2rja@gmail.com

RJA Feet
Page: of 2