Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Your baby's name

Joined 26-May-09

Top Poster
2-Mar-10 12:36 pm

What is the name?

What is the reason you chose it?

How long did you have it picked out/ how long did it take to find a name?

Who came up with it?

Baby Bear Boy 2002 Baby Bear Boy 2006 Baby Bear Boy 2008 Baby Bear Girl 2010  April 29th (my IG baby)

GONE TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH KIDS

Joined 21-Jan-09

Top Poster
2-Mar-10 12:40 pm

Ava Joelle.  We couldn't agree on ANYTHING and finally after I had mentioned this name probably 20 times...he comes home and says, what about Ava?  Like it was his idea...Mad Furious Whatever... ;)  This was about a week after we found out it was a girl (17 weeks).  I was working on names before we even got pregnant...he refused to help until we knew if it was a boy or girl because we had opposite taste and deciding on one name was easier than 2.

Then Joelle is because my grandma's middle name was Jo and my great-grandma was Ella...so I wanted to use them both.  They both passed away after Madison was born.  I was close to them growing up.

Hugs VioletBaby GirlHugs VioletBaby BoyHugs VioletBaby GirlHugs Violet

Joined 26-May-09

Top Poster
2-Mar-10 12:45 pm

Layla Bernice

I like it bc it is a pretty sounding name and Bernice is after my moms mom who passed away when I was little of cancer. And out of 6 girls my mom was the one to get her moms name as her middle name. So I will honor both/my mom also has 5 brothers.crazy.

I have had it picked out for 4 years.

I did.

Baby Bear Boy 2002 Baby Bear Boy 2006 Baby Bear Boy 2008 Baby Bear Girl 2010  April 29th (my IG baby)

GONE TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH KIDS

My family is Complete!!!

Joined 27-Jul-09

Top Poster
2-Mar-10 12:55 pm

Lynlee Ruth

We had already decided that the middle name would be Ruth after my mom, who passed away when I was 17, and his mom.  They both shared that name, it was my mom's first name and is his mom's middle name.  It took us a little longer to come up with the Lynlee but after hours and days of reading through the baby name book we found that name and we both really fell in love with it.  So finally after about a month of finding out we were getting our little girl finally had a name.

Anya

Joined 6-Aug-09

Top Poster
2-Mar-10 12:56 pm
somehowalilsis:

What is the name?

The name is going to be MIA -as of middle we haven't decided yet.

Main reason is that I like it and saw it in some movie (maybe princess diaries), second is that we have very difficult 12 letters last name and she for sue will spell that one in future many times. Another is I liked name Maya from the time I was very little and it is similar.

I had it picked when I was pregnant with DS #1 (so 4 or so years) , it took last 6 months for us to decide this is the name tho ,because I wanted sth else (I liked Mia for so long it got *old* lol)

Who came up with it?

Me :)
2006 Photobucket 2008 Photobucket 2010 PhotobucketPhotobucket ig.oneway@gmail.com Hoping for one more Baby Bear Girl or Baby Bear Boy in the future Hearts

Joined 8-Nov-09

Top Poster
2-Mar-10 12:59 pm

Margaret Frances (Maggie)

It is my maternal grandmother's first and middle name and my mother's first name.

I wanted to remember and honor my grandmother.  She has been and always will be the most amazing and important person in my life.  She and my grandfther raised me they both passed away fairly recently.  I miss them terribly every day.

I knew as soon as I was pregnant the first time, over 8 years ago that if it was a girl, her first name would be Margaret.  After my grandmother passed away, I decided to use her full name. 

I came up with the name and my husband asked if he could call her Maggie and I agreed.

Baby Bear Boy2002  Baby Bear Boy2005  Baby Bear Boy2008

MS IUI 90% girl sort.....BFP

expecting Baby Bear Girl due May 16th 2010!!!

Joined 15-Oct-09

2-Mar-10 1:03 pm

i wish we could decide on a name!!

the name for a girl i've always loved is chloe.  so much so that 13 years ago i bought a boxer puppy and named her chloe, at that time i never expected i'd have another baby, let alone a girl.  5 weeks later after getting the puppy my now-ex and i broke up and i sold my puppy as i was going through so much personally, i didnt have the time to devote to a baby dog and my then-toddler and 9 year old.

SO.  all that said, i still love the name, and am considering it for this baby.  my one and only girl. 
chloe lucille.  lucille after DH's late-grandmother.

i've loved the name since i was a little girl, i had perfume called chloe.

would it be bizarre/not right/etc to name a baby chloe, after i had a puppy for a short time with that name?  that is my huge drawback.  weird karma or something.  but i cannot for the life of me find a name that i'm in love with.  i've never had this much trouble!!  Stick out tongue

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/a2pCm4.png
                             Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby BoyBaby Girl

Joined 27-Nov-09

Top Poster
2-Mar-10 1:07 pm

Brinkley Kate Hearts

I have had the name Brinkley picked out for about TEN YEARS! Went to college with a girl named Brinkley & have just absolutely loved the name since then. I have never heard of it being used as a first name except for the college friend & with a name as common as "Amanda" I definitely wanted my little one to have something more unique. (Since being on IG I have seen another lady use it as a middle name. Love Ya!) The middle name Kate is after my great-grandmother; plus I just think Kate is a very cute, sassy & classy name. 

Thank goodness my boyfriend liked the name too, because let me tell ya, I would've put up one big fuss about it!!! lol Stick out tongue

I did!

Baby Bear Girl Brinkley Kate - 26 months, Born 5/18/10

Baby Bear Boy Kyler Clay - 14 months, Born 5/17/11

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker

Joined 8-Nov-09

Top Poster
2-Mar-10 1:35 pm

prettierworld:
would it be bizarre/not right/etc to name a baby chloe, after i had a puppy for a short time with that name? 

I don't think it would bother me, if I loved the name so much.  it is a beautiful name!

Baby Bear Boy2002  Baby Bear Boy2005  Baby Bear Boy2008

MS IUI 90% girl sort.....BFP

expecting Baby Bear Girl due May 16th 2010!!!

Joined 24-Aug-09

2-Mar-10 4:58 pm

Stella Sylvia Claire

Picked out Sylvia after my gma that passed away in 07 it was her first name. I picked Stella right before we got pregnant this time and hubs liked it so we went with it. I just hope she looks like a Stella when she comes out! lol

Stori mommy to Baby Boy1/2/04, Baby Boy 8/10/06, Baby Boy 1/3/08 , and prayed and swayed and got a Baby Girl5/4/2010

2 m/c 03 and 05Heartbroken 

[

? Completely Complete ?

Joined 8-May-08

Top Poster
2-Mar-10 5:10 pm

What is the name?

Antonio Lee

DH likes the name Antonio and i like the NM Nio so we agreed on Antonio. Lee is hyphenated in my name and i would love to have one baby with some part of my name...so boy or girl MN was going to be Lee

We actually were thinking of calling DS1 this name but it didnt feel right. So when we were about 6wks we had that name picked out for a boy and Scarlett for a girl

Who came up with it?

DH kept bringing it up to use it. It was only while we were at a church camp and heard someone with that name use Nio as a NM that i gave in to it...

December '04July '06

October '08 May '10 September '11

My Girl is here

Joined 31-Mar-09

Top Poster
2-Mar-10 5:22 pm

What is the name?

Mya Eve

We chose Mya a few months before I got pg, Its just one of those short, pretty and feminine names DH and I both liked alot and this is very rare for us to like the same names

We chose Eve for both grand parents.. My grand mother was Eva and DH's GM was Evelyn.. so we cut it short with Eve.

It did not take long at all for DH and I to agree on this name and I really dont know where it came from, there isent alot of Mya's around.

Who came up with it?

We both did.

Baby Bear Boy Dylan 05/1998 Baby Bear Boy Alex 08/2001 Baby Bear Girl Mya 05/2010

Joined 21-Aug-09

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

2-Mar-10 5:52 pm
Ella Elyse. My mother's middle name is Ellen and my sister in laws middle name is Aliece. Chose it at about 3 months pregnant. My husband.

www.ourmicrosortstory.blogspot.com             www.newbornlovenursery.blogspot.com

photo f2_zps6be40389.jpg

(Tryin4Pink)

Joined 17-Sep-07

Top Poster
2-Mar-10 6:12 pm

Riley Jay

I liked Riley, and have no idea where I heard it, but talked DH into it.  Jay is as close to Jane as we could get for a boy's name, which is my middle name, and my mom's middle name.  We would have used it for a middle name if we had a girl.

Baby Boy May 28, 2008  and Baby Boy May 30, 2010

Still room for at least one more... ttc mid 2012

Joined 9-Dec-08

Top Poster
2-Mar-10 8:43 pm
Kathryn Diane, but she may go by Katie or Kate. My grandma passed away in Sept one day before I found out we were expecting. Diane is my husbands mom who passed away on Valentines Day of this year. Its such a meaningful name for us.

DS- Trevor 11/24/05

DD - Kathryn 5/7/2010 at 37+5 weeks!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Page: of 2