Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

where is that implantation and the gender of baby study?

wenchie

Joined 4-Feb-10

2-Mar-10 3:18 am

a few post back there was a discussion about determining the gender of a baby at a 12 week scan by which side it implanted on now i cant find the details please does any know the details about this and the link to the study.

Baby Bear Girl  6  Baby Bear Girl  2   Baby Bear Girl 11-01-2011

Some of god's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers

crazy for HELIN

Joined 30-Oct-08

Top Poster
2-Mar-10 4:42 am

It's in the FAQ of ultrasound gender prediction forum.

link is : http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/43154.aspx

The Placenta Theory?

There is a theory about placental attachments and the gender of the baby. As the theory goes, if the placenta is on the LEFT, then its a girl. If it is on the RIGHT, it is a boy. I find this theory is often correct, but then again, I am scanning the patient at 18+ weeks, and can see the placenta clearly, as well as the gender. The theory that uses the placenta studies the use of colour doppler to identify the placenta at 6-7 wks. Personally, I would not chance exposing a teeny tiny developing embryo to the high levels of sound waves that is used for colour doppler. Just a whole risk vs benefit thing. Without colour, the placenta is tough to identify accurately this early on. 12 wks would be more reasonable.

Posting a picture of the baby and asking where the placenta is not accurate here unfortunately. The tech who took your image, did it from an angle that best shows the baby or nuchal fold or so forth. She has to take the pic with the probe sideways, or up and down, or obliqued to get this "angle". Sadly, if the angle of the probe is not documented on the image, it is impossible to guess where it "actually" is. To be honest, sometimes the tech does not think of this probe angle, she is just interested in getting the best shot possible of your babe!

Baby Bear Girl HELIN  Dec,10.2007HeartHeartHeartsHearts 

daughter-world.gif

Never let the hand you hold, hold you down

Nicky

Joined 30-Dec-09

Top Poster
2-Mar-10 7:06 am

Does that mean you could ask the tech what side the placenta is on during a scan?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

FertilityFriend Chart

HeartbrokenNov'08, silentHeartbroken@11wks Mar'10

crazy for HELIN

Joined 30-Oct-08

Top Poster
2-Mar-10 7:25 am

yes you can ask which side of "you" the placenta is attached. 

and of course it's not 100% don't forget that 

Baby Bear Girl HELIN  Dec,10.2007HeartHeartHeartsHearts 

daughter-world.gif

Never let the hand you hold, hold you down

Page: of 1