Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

What double stroller for 4 and 2 year old -boys are almost same size ?

Anya

Joined 6-Aug-09

Top Poster
26-Feb-10 10:22 am
I have 3 and 3 months year old and 18 months year old, on summer they will be around 2 and 4, for now older weights 33 lb and is about 40 inches long and younger weights 31 lb and is about 36 inches long (yeah, he is a big boy...). I wonder what stroller should I buy ? I was thinking about valco roundabout double stroller but I don't know .... It can be cheap can be little pricey but not over 500 $.And I am not sure if my older will ride in a stroller for long time. Maybe one of those sit and stand's ? I would like it to bee good to use for my 4 and 2 years old and also for my 2 and newborn combo (when we go close like to the park etc my older can walk ,for bigger trips we will take one for boys and one stroller for baby).
2006 Photobucket 2008 Photobucket 2010 PhotobucketPhotobucket ig.oneway@gmail.com Hoping for one more Baby Bear Girl or Baby Bear Boy in the future Hearts

Joined 21-Feb-08

Top Poster
26-Feb-10 10:48 am

I don't know, when my boys were 2 & 4 they would not go in a double stroller.  Based on them, I wouldn't recommend buying a double stroller for 2 kids of that age.  That meant that when I had a newborn, 2, and 4 year old- I hardly left the house!  My middle child stopped using a stroller fairly early because of his brother.  If his brother wasn't in a stroller, there was no way he would sit in one.  He wanted to do what his brother did.

Joined 8-Nov-07

Top Poster
26-Feb-10 10:52 am
yeah, not sure about putting a 3 year old in a stroller, maybe a sit and stand like the joovy, my kid would not be caught in a stroller by the age of 3 for sure, but for long walks he doesn't mind the " skateboard" option!
D_J_M_:
I wouldn't recommend buying a double stroller for 2 kids of that age

Counting my blessings:-)

Joined 15-Dec-09

Top Poster
26-Feb-10 11:01 am

I have a 5yr old and a 21 month old and we love our Joovy sitnstand.  Our 5yr old stands in it when legs get tired or sits in it to have a snack etc.

Baby Boy(2/2005)Baby Boy(5/2008)Baby Boy(5/2011) (Dr pressured me into tubal during csectSad Flower)

Joined 9-Dec-08

Top Poster
26-Feb-10 12:01 pm
My son is 4 and the only time he has ridden in a stroller in the past year is when we went to Disneyland. Is it worth it to spend that much money on a stroller with a child that age?

DS- Trevor 11/24/05

DD - Kathryn 5/7/2010 at 37+5 weeks!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Joined 28-Jan-08

Top Poster
26-Feb-10 12:07 pm

I am currently drooling over a baby citi mini double jogger. We rented one in Disney World last year and even my 6 yr old at the time fit in there nicely.

With my youngest and the baby only being right at 2 yrs apart I might splurge.

We have a joovy sit and stand. Honestly, I have never been to thrilled with it, it does great but it is heavy to push and turn especially once you wheel around one of the nicer strollers. Plus there is not a lot of comfort for a baby to go in there.

Baby Boy 11/30/2002 Baby Boy 7/25/2005 Baby Boy 8/1/2008 and Baby Boy 8/19/2010 - failed sway
Heartbroken 2/2007 and 8/2007

Anya

Joined 6-Aug-09

Top Poster
26-Feb-10 12:53 pm
Yeah but my older likes to ride in stroller, I have one single stroller and now I need one double, I had one double stroller kolorcraft (or STH like that) but it become too small. (sit and stand- my 2 year old probably couldn't sit on the back while baby is on the front so I am not so sure about it ). As of both of my boys walking and me pushing baby in stroller -that is out of question.My younger is to much of the spirit child. And I have to go out et least 3 times a week to the park because I want my kids to interact with other kids as they don't go to preschool. I also need double stroller when I take 2 of kids (boys ore one boy and baby) the the store or mall - my 4 year old walking in the mall is not an option also. This is what I need -stroller that my two boys will fit in and one of the boys/baby will fit in.
2006 Photobucket 2008 Photobucket 2010 PhotobucketPhotobucket ig.oneway@gmail.com Hoping for one more Baby Bear Girl or Baby Bear Boy in the future Hearts

Joined 18-Jul-09

Top Poster
27-Feb-10 6:31 am
Joovy Caboose. It is a sit and stand stroller. It is super easy to steer and is pretty sturdy compared to other Sit and Stands.
baby

(Tryin4Pink)

Joined 17-Sep-07

Top Poster
7-Apr-10 2:40 pm

I'd get the sit n stand, then your middle and youngest will be able to use it later, too.

Baby Boy May 28, 2008  and Baby Boy May 30, 2010

Still room for at least one more... ttc mid 2012

Joined 29-Nov-12

10-Dec-12 5:53 am
Double strollers are best suited if you having twins and want to travel with them. There are so many varities are available in double strollers in market as well as you can buy it from online stores which is the cheapest way of shopping.

Page: of 1