Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Belly burn, spilled hot coffee on it :(

Anya

Joined 6-Aug-09

Top Poster
18-Feb-10 6:37 pm
My younger jumped on me while I was drinking hot coffee.What to do ,whole left side of the belly is red and hot and aches a little. I already put the after-burn ointment on it. I hope the baby is ok?She is not moving at the time but maybe because of adrenaline jump in my blood? I ate chocolate so will see in 15 min if she is going to move or not :(
2006 Photobucket 2008 Photobucket 2010 PhotobucketPhotobucket ig.oneway@gmail.com Hoping for one more Baby Bear Girl or Baby Bear Boy in the future Hearts

Tara

Joined 15-Jul-09

Top Poster
19-Feb-10 2:43 am

oh ouch! Right before I had emily I leaned too close to the stove and laid my belly on the burner. I had a really  bad burn around my belly button with blisters and everything.. Its hard to manuver those things isn't it!!

Baby Girl Emily- 12/01/09  Sad Flower Bitty Baby- lost 09/18/08 @ 10w's due to Subchorionic Hematoma

Tom and Tara Married 09/18/04

God loves me

Joined 18-Oct-09

Top Poster
19-Feb-10 3:10 am

Ouch! Hope you are not burnt bad. I am sure the baby is fine. A cup of hot water wouldn't have affected deep inside.  Did you run over cold water for a while right afterward just to lessen the damage?

Married to a wonderful dh since 2003. non-OB M.D. finanlly back to work after 7 months off! 

Baby GirlJune 2005 & Baby BoyApril 2010 ...blessed with one of each, now done with conceiving and all about raising them!

Joined 26-Nov-08

Top Poster
19-Feb-10 3:32 am
Ouch! Hope you are ok. I'm sure baby will be ok if it's only a surface burn x
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby Boy Harry 2006     Baby Girl Evie Rose 2009 Thank you IG.  I'm thrilled!!

Anya

Joined 6-Aug-09

Top Poster
19-Feb-10 9:00 am
Yeah the baby is fine just side of my belly aches it is still red today.I took some tylenol. I didn't put the cold water on it as on the first aid classes they told us to put burns under warm water and add cold water gradually so thats what I did.Because putting it under cold water could put yourself under thermal shock.
2006 Photobucket 2008 Photobucket 2010 PhotobucketPhotobucket ig.oneway@gmail.com Hoping for one more Baby Bear Girl or Baby Bear Boy in the future Hearts

Joined 21-Feb-08

Top Poster
19-Feb-10 9:11 am

Ouch, I'm so sorry!  I did that with my last pregnancy, too.  Only mine was boiling water.  I still have a little scar from it .

Joined 11-Sep-09

Top Poster
19-Feb-10 1:14 pm

Hope youre ok! Something that is very very good for burns, is to apply toothpaste on the burn area, heals quick and takes burn out

GL!

Baby Bear Boy 1 April 2007 Baby Bear GirlSad Flower30March2010 My little Emma 13 weeks, forever in my heart x

Prayer and faith in God’s will

God loves me

Joined 18-Oct-09

Top Poster
19-Feb-10 4:45 pm

oneWAYorANOTHER:
Yeah the baby is fine just side of my belly aches it is still red today.I took some tylenol. I didn't put the cold water on it as on the first aid classes they told us to put burns under warm water and add cold water gradually so thats what I did.Because putting it under cold water could put yourself under thermal shock.

Yup that's also true. Just usual tap water is fine and not the ice water. (not purposely warmed) 

The elder child might have learned to be more careful now that mommy is hurting...it seems my DD is running around & falling on top of me more often than before! I need to get her mildly disciplined before baby #2 arrives.

Married to a wonderful dh since 2003. non-OB M.D. finanlly back to work after 7 months off! 

Baby GirlJune 2005 & Baby BoyApril 2010 ...blessed with one of each, now done with conceiving and all about raising them!

Page: of 1