Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

My toliet REEKS!

Joined 19-May-08

Top Poster
1-Feb-10 11:16 am

How in the world do you ladies keep your toliet clean?  I clean it every single day, and it still reeks.

I have tried every cleaner out there.  I cannot get rid of the smell.

What do you guys do?  Help!

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby BoyBaby Girl

Joined 2-Aug-08

Top Poster
1-Feb-10 9:18 pm

What about those bleach tablets you put in the tank?

Baby Boy 13 Baby Boy 9 Baby Boy 4 Baby Girl 2

Joined 20-Sep-08

Top Poster
4-Feb-10 7:21 pm

I use bleach. IDK but I'm always cleaning mine too...Doh!

Trio Mommy to:  Baby Bear Boy8 Baby Bear Boy4 Baby Bear Girl2

Done having babies and working on the mommy buldge!

Currently doing supreme 90 days, eating healthy and saving my pennys for a tummy tuck!!! :)

Joined 26-May-09

Top Poster
4-Feb-10 7:41 pm

Doh!mine too DH just got yelled at to bleach it..........again.He will do it too bc last time I gave myself chemical pneumonia doing it...

Baby Bear Boy 2002 Baby Bear Boy 2006 Baby Bear Boy 2008 Baby Bear Girl 2010  April 29th (my IG baby)

GONE TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH KIDS

Joined 5-Sep-09

Top Poster
4-Feb-10 8:01 pm

I gave my oldest a thing of clorox wipes - any mess that appears while using, he has to wipe up.  It's great!

Baby Boy August 04 Baby Boy January 07  Baby Girl April 10

Trying to heal through ex

Joined 10-Apr-08

Top Poster
10-Feb-10 5:20 pm

cleaning with mean green cleaner and a toliet bowl cleaner...clean the whole toliet...and around the outside on the floor by toliet too.

photo boybaby_zps21881503.gif(8)  photo boybaby_zps21881503.gif(6.5)  photo boybaby_zps21881503.gif(5.5)  photo babygirl_zps54e18b68.gif (4)

http://swlf.lilyslim.com/XFUzm5.png

Full House

Joined 5-Jul-07

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

10-Feb-10 9:22 pm

the hinges catch a lot of pee--make sure you are taking the plastic caps off and scrubbing them at least once a week.

My current plan of action is bleaching the floor and lower bowl at least once a week. Half way through the week, I use a Mr.Clean with Febreeze, and spray down the bowl and the floor again. I will often spray the wall beside the toilet as well with this. And the inside of the lid, and the "ring".

I use Toilet duck once a week. And then put a gob of the Scrubbing bubbles stuff under the rim. That really helps deodorize!

Hope that helps.

PS-I am going to repaint the loo this summer to a really really high quality scrubbable paint for kitchen bath or whatever is guaranteed to non-stain. I hate smelling like a public washroom!

A lot of great kids, and a full time job mean very little time to play! Miss you all!!
Thank you In-Gender and Maureen for giving me a place to dream, and the tools to chase those dreams<3

Joined 2-Aug-08

Top Poster
11-Feb-10 6:46 am

From my experience, older toiets will have a build up way under the rim where you can't or barely see unless you really get in there. If this is your problem, maybe with those bleach tablets that sit in the back tank, you know when you have to lift the heavy lid, it will help get rid of it. You need to add more over time b/c they do dissolve, keep an eye on them. This is only if this is what you have, of course.

Baby Boy 13 Baby Boy 9 Baby Boy 4 Baby Girl 2

Angel mum <3

Joined 26-Feb-09

Top Poster
11-Feb-10 6:55 am

Have you checked it is flushing out properly, we had this problem at our last rental house the toilet flushed the big things down (yuck) but didn't actually flush out. My dad suggested putting food colouring in after I did a TMI and sure enough there was red at the bottom of the bowl. Also the covering shinny stuff chipping off can hold smells. Yuck that toilet was foul I hated having friends use it they probley thought I never cleaned it. 

Smart is the new hot

Joined 27-Dec-09

Top Poster
11-Feb-10 7:22 am

A few things:

Toilet tabs with bleach. I drop a new one in once a month even if the other one hasn't completely dissolved.

I wipe it down with bleach and water every day.

I steam shark the bathroom once a week.

I make DH and DS drink lots of water. Lots.

I ask DH and DS to only use one toilet in the house so that I don't have to do all that cleaning with all 3 toilets every day/week.

Taking an IG break

My best wishes to all TTC and congrats to all that get their babies

Joined 19-May-08

Top Poster
11-Feb-10 9:48 am

thank you for all your suggestions! There are a couple things I haven't tried... so I'll give those a try!

THanks!

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby BoyBaby Girl

Joined 14-Dec-06

Top Poster
12-Feb-10 6:06 am

I could have written this post LOL my toilet always stinks I have to clean it everyday but it proberly needs cleaning twice a day

use Bleach and those toilet ducks and actual dettol around the actual toilet

problem is even though we have two bathrooms 1 downstairs and 1 upstairs they all choose to wee together and dont look where they are aiming haha drives me nuts at times

x

Please delete this profile no longer a member 

Joined 10-Jan-12

30-Mar-12 9:36 pm
Spray with straight white vinegar!!! The tiles, grout and toilet!!! Let it sit a while before wiping away with wet ones, seems to work!
Page: of 1